• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Durga Puja Photos

The Crimson Universe

I wish you all a Happy Durga Puja 2021. Here you can share photos (taken by you) of Durga idols and even photos of the exteriors of pandals/tents where the idols are normally kept.

Due to crowd i usually avoid visiting the pandals/tents but back in 2019 when there was no covid, one of my friend coaxed me to go with him. Here are some of those old photos. There aren't many though.

ZudmanP.jpg

krlW1ca.jpg

XTFra0I.jpg

xEQ0DyT.jpg

... If i go outdoors this year, I'll try to post some current ones of 2021 as well. :)
If you have some, then feel free to post here.

Last edited:

ajay0

Navratri celebrates the victory of Durga over the demon Mahisasura. Mahishasura is considered a demon for his vicious qualities, mainly due to his craving for power .

8bd742e46b84df235d96a2e6d7c6cc71b2d7e495.jpg

Allegorically speaking, it can also be considered the victory of light over darkness or good over evil .

Austerities are performed during this period for self-purification and developing inner strength. There are vices within each one of us, and we can use this period for study, introspection and replacing vices with virtues instead.

The virtues of mental equanimity and positive frame of mind developed can help manifest intentions and bring auspiciousness, success and prosperity.

Last edited:

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I wish you all a Happy Durga Puja 2021. Here you can share photos (taken by you) of Durga idols and even photos of the exteriors of pandals/tents where the idols are normally kept.

Due to crowd i usually avoid visiting the pandals/tents but back in 2019 when there was no covid, one of my friend coaxed me to go with him. Here are some of those old photos. There aren't many though.

ZudmanP.jpg

krlW1ca.jpg

XTFra0I.jpg

xEQ0DyT.jpg

... If i go outdoors this year, I'll try to post some current ones of 2021 as well. :)
If you have some, then feel free to post here.

This is beautiful! Thanks for sharing!