• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Duck and Cover, Nuking Iran

Booko

Deviled Hen
drekmed said:
with these numbers, it is possible to defeat Iran in a short conflict, however long-term military operations in Iran would require something more along the lines of a draft.
A good post, Drekmed, and thanks. I'm interested in looking into those potential numbers.

Anyway, while I have no doubt we can defeat the Iranian army, holding on to the territory is quite another matter. cf. Iraq.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Mister_T said:
You'd be suprised.

No kiddin. They made the plans for the invasion of Iraq very clear. You could read all about it even before 2000. It's not like the neocons are trying to hide their intentions.

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
I'm cracking up as I read this thread.:biglaugh:

I would drop dead on the floor from the surprise if we don't have a plan on the drawing board to bomb with conventional or nuclear weapons ANY country that's on the not-so-friendly list. The fact that the plan exists does not mean an attack is imminent, nor does it come as a shock to anyone who has been paying attention since the Cold War or has seen the movie "War Games"."p

If I had to put money on the table, it would be against the US nuking Iran anytime soon.

Booko

Deviled Hen
CaptainXeroid said:
I'm cracking up as I read this thread.:biglaugh:

I would drop dead on the floor from the surprise if we don't have a plan on the drawing board to bomb with conventional or nuclear weapons ANY country that's on the not-so-friendly list.

And maybe some borderline friendly countries too.

That's just SOP.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Mister_T said:
I would too C.X. But you know what the media is like.

In the immortal words of my late father-in-law:

"Those aren't journalists. They're COMMUNICATIONS MAJORS!"