• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dream and saying in Gospel of Thomas

frangipani

Premium Member
I often have a dream about a lion, in my dream, I am being stalked by a lion and as the lion stalks me he is getting closer and closer to me. When my back is turned the lion takes the opportunity to spring up and attack me. I see it from the corner of my eye and turn quickly killing it with a knife.
I often have wondered what this dream meant. I was reading the Gospel according to Thomas and read, Jesus said, ‘Blessed is the lion which becomes man when consumed by man, and cursed is the man whom the lion consumes and the lion becomes man’.
After reading this in Thomas, I think my dream means the lion is representative of the nature of the beast and worldliness. The dream demonstrates how worldly affairs can sneak up on us and if we are not careful consume us taking us away from the Truth. Seeing the lion and killing it with a knife means to be ever watchful and aware that evil lurks everywhere and be ever ready to ward it off with the Truth when the moment comes.:D

ELoWolfe

Do these dreams happen randomly, or is there situations that you can see a pattern?

I had a warning dream once, and I wondered about that.

nazz

Doubting Thomas
I often have a dream about a lion, in my dream, I am being stalked by a lion and as the lion stalks me he is getting closer and closer to me. When my back is turned the lion takes the opportunity to spring up and attack me. I see it from the corner of my eye and turn quickly killing it with a knife.
I often have wondered what this dream meant. I was reading the Gospel according to Thomas and read, Jesus said, ‘Blessed is the lion which becomes man when consumed by man, and cursed is the man whom the lion consumes and the lion becomes man’.
After reading this in Thomas, I think my dream means the lion is representative of the nature of the beast and worldliness. The dream demonstrates how worldly affairs can sneak up on us and if we are not careful consume us taking us away from the Truth. Seeing the lion and killing it with a knife means to be ever watchful and aware that evil lurks everywhere and be ever ready to ward it off with the Truth when the moment comes.:D

makes sense

frangipani

Premium Member
Do these dreams happen randomly, or is there situations that you can see a pattern?

I had a warning dream once, and I wondered about that.

No pattern, nor preceding or after any event that stands out. Just periodically and perhaps when I am sometimes overwhelmed with work and such.