• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drawing energy v putting out

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Can those that draw energy reliably be referred to as vampires and those that give out as donors according to you?

You are right in describing these things as part of a circular dynamic. What is my part in the dynamic? This issue is the reason for asking if I can develop my capacities to draw energy or put it out by practicing methods.

Do you view your relationship with God in the same way as someone in room who might happen to attract or repel you? Is God another person in the room for you?

Thanks for your response.
Some people take without asking. It's basically selfish motivation. Christ (if you're Xian) asks us to be selfless -- not selfish. That is the paradigm of the cross -- the ultimate act of selflessness. Your part in the dynamic is to imitate Christ -- to be selfless, giving yourself away (of your own volition -- that's sacrifice, not of someone else's volition -- that makes you a victim) freely.

We do not rightly draw energy from others by stealing it. We draw energy by entering into a covenant relationship with others (hence, the paradigm of the New Covenant). We can ask to draw strength from others, or we can ask to draw strength from the Divine through some form of prayer. That's what Jesus did when he went off by himself.

Yes, God can be manifest in other people for me. But I would think only as we are in some kind of covenantal relationship.

gnomon

Some people I encounter draw my energy. More rarely I meet people who seem to put it out in that I feel energised in their presence.

I have often wondered why I should feel affected either positively or negatively in the presence of certain others. It would defy the principles of physics that others either draw energy from me or provide me with it.

The experience described above is so commonly described in everyday conversation and human folkwisdom that to give examples here would be mundane.

Is it possible to exchange energy from encounters we have with others?

Is so, is this energy spiritual in quality?

If this energy is spiritual in quality and can be exchanged, are there practices I can use to develop my capacity to put out energy or draw it from others.

If not, and energy exchange is impossible, shouldn't we re-evaluate our folkwisdom and language used to describe such encounters?

What is the best explanation for the way I feel in the presence of others?

I agree with Jay. Insecurity, as well as prejudice, is the most likely explanation for our emotional range when encountering people. Of course, if "spiritual energy", however unverifiable it is, makes people feel better about themselves rather than acknowledging their own feelings...then so be it.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
doppelgänger;890509 said:
Even without believing in "universal energy," I think there's a psycho-somatic reality to what you posted about, and it is excellent and valuable information. Thanks.

Absolutely right. People interact and communicate on more than one level. When we encounter someone with an agenda we sense it on some level and become guarded, which is a drain all by itself.

IMO, emotional, spiritual, and physical energy is all the same thing. We tend to define it in accordance with the circumstances involved.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Is it possible to exchange energy from encounters we have with others?
Surely. I believe we exchange energy all the time....even online through typed words.

Is so, is this energy spiritual in quality?
I'd say rarely but I'm sure it happens.

If this energy is spiritual in quality and can be exchanged, are there practices I can use to develop my capacity to put out energy or draw it from others.
I'd worry more about sending out positive, nurturing energy than trying to see what you can get from others. If you receive kind and affirming energy somehow, someway, consider yourself fortunate.

What is the best explanation for the way I feel in the presence of others?
I honestly believe it's a matter of combined chemistry and interpretation of another's personality and vibe. Some people we mesh better with than others emotionally and intellectually.

Isabella Lecour

Pheremones are a case in point for putting out. :yes: Good example! Maybe becoming energised is about arousal??? Anyway I would like to know more about what you mean by determining projection with effort.

Oz.

With the body many things can be trained to happen. A lot of bio feed back mixed with with trance and meditation. lol Pheromones are just one of our communications avenues and with time, effort and control one can gain mastery over that avenue as well. Example, sexy isn't just attitude or even looks and everyone tends to pick up on it, men and women. It's mostly pheromones, not alcohol. :)

It's possible to be invisible while being in a crowd. Not the actually now we see you and now we don't, but the no one makes any effort to acknowledge your presences. I think that skill has a whole lot to do with pheromones. How else can you get a crowd to not look, when it's in our nature to do exally that when told too.

Well anyway it's just one of my theroies that I play with.
:run: