• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dozens held in Pakistan for trying to lynch brothers accused of blasphemy -police

danieldemol

Premium Member
'Pakistani police arrested dozens of men on Tuesday on charges of attacking a police station in a bid to lynch two brothers held in custody accused of desecrating a Muslim mosque, officials said.

A mob broke into the police station on the outskirts of the capital Islamabad on Monday ahead of an hours-long standoff with police.

Some 36 have been arrested and charged with attacking the station under anti-terrorism laws. Police took the brothers, accused of blasphemy, to safety along with some wounded officials, police said.

"Give us the accused. We will decide what to do with them," police officer Asim Ghaffar quoted the mob as saying. "They said they wanted to behead the accused."'

Source: Dozens held in Pakistan for trying to lynch brothers accused of blasphemy -police

Personally I say good on the police for standing up to a bunch of bloodthirsty criminals.

In my opinion

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
A bit surprised by your interest in Pakistan. It is a failed state. I normally ignore news from Pakistan.

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member
'Pakistani police arrested dozens of men on Tuesday on charges of attacking a police station in a bid to lynch two brothers held in custody accused of desecrating a Muslim mosque, officials said.

A mob broke into the police station on the outskirts of the capital Islamabad on Monday ahead of an hours-long standoff with police.

Some 36 have been arrested and charged with attacking the station under anti-terrorism laws. Police took the brothers, accused of blasphemy, to safety along with some wounded officials, police said.

"Give us the accused. We will decide what to do with them," police officer Asim Ghaffar quoted the mob as saying. "They said they wanted to behead the accused."'

Source: Dozens held in Pakistan for trying to lynch brothers accused of blasphemy -police

Personally I say good on the police for standing up to a bunch of bloodthirsty criminals.

In my opinion

I agree with you.

danieldemol

Premium Member
A bit surprised by your interest in Pakistan. It is a failed state. I normally ignore news from Pakistan.

Yeah, we don't need to hear about every horrible thing happening there. It's just the norm there.

There are certain folk on RF who have failed to ask themselves the question, "Why is Pakistan a failed state?" Then come to the obvious conclusion - Because they chose to interfere with the free competition of ideas and protect themselves from the free competition of ideas.

I would assert that those certain folk need constant reminder of why Pakistan is a failed state till they get it so they don't attempt to repeat the failure elsewhere in otherwise healthy states.

In my opinion.