• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Doors to paradise for non-Muslims

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
1. Wish well for people

Per Quran, a disbeliever doesn't want anything good coming to believers. So if you wish well for everyone, you can't be a disbeliever per Quran.

2. Enjoin feeding of the poor

This is one of the things people of hell will say they did not do. If you do this, you are not a disbeliever.

3. Don't deem the best people as the worst/vile/terrorists

Often in shows, movies, and games, you see how propaganda of the evil ones can make good people seem evil in vision of masses when they are innocent. I'm not asking you to take side of the truthful in battle between good and evil, just to think and reflect, and research about an issue before believing propaganda.

Per Quran, the people of hell will not able to see even one of the people who they saw as most evil, and the hadiths say these are the followers of Ahlulbayt (a) (different then Shias who are really lovers of Ahlulbayt (a) and believers but are not necessarily followers).

4. Don't mock religion

Disbelievers mock Messengers and make a play thing of religion. If you take it seriously, and don't arrive at truth, you aren't a disbeliever.

Disbeliever in Quran has a context of a people who were accusing Mohammad (s) of sorcery whenever he did miracles. This caused them to become hostile to believers and want to squash the truth.

Some people (both Muslims and non-Muslims) think disbeliever means non-Muslim. They are unaware that Quran has those awaiting God's command, those without means to reject or accept the truth, and other mid categories.

Now per hadiths, the non-Muslims who didn't reach the truth but didn't have means of rejecting or believing, are not equated with the righteous who strove for the truth and arrived at it.

It's said the two highest paradises are meant for believers only. The rest of the gates are for those who didn't arrive at truth but had no hatred towards it or it's people.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Per Quran, a disbeliever doesn't want anything good coming to believers.
This can't be true, unless is meant:

No need to believe in (any) Religion
To be a believer means "Love All, Serve All"
(Wish well to all, being put in action)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
1. Wish well for people

Per Quran, a disbeliever doesn't want anything good coming to believers. So if you wish well for everyone, you can't be a disbeliever per Quran.

2. Enjoin feeding of the poor

This is one of the things people of hell will say they did not do. If you do this, you are not a disbeliever.

3. Don't deem the best people as the worst/vile/terrorists

Often in shows, movies, and games, you see how propaganda of the evil ones can make good people seem evil in vision of masses when they are innocent. I'm not asking you to take side of the truthful in battle between good and evil, just to think and reflect, and research about an issue before believing propaganda.

Per Quran, the people of hell will not able to see even one of the people who they saw as most evil, and the hadiths say these are the followers of Ahlulbayt (a) (different then Shias who are really lovers of Ahlulbayt (a) and believers but are not necessarily followers).

4. Don't mock religion

Disbelievers mock Messengers and make a play thing of religion. If you take it seriously, and don't arrive at truth, you aren't a disbeliever.

Disbeliever in Quran has a context of a people who were accusing Mohammad (s) of sorcery whenever he did miracles. This caused them to become hostile to believers and want to squash the truth.

Some people (both Muslims and non-Muslims) think disbeliever means non-Muslim. They are unaware that Quran has those awaiting God's command, those without means to reject or accept the truth, and other mid categories.

Now per hadiths, the non-Muslims who didn't reach the truth but didn't have means of rejecting or believing, are not equated with the righteous who strove for the truth and arrived at it.

It's said the two highest paradises are meant for believers only. The rest of the gates are for those who didn't arrive at truth but had no hatred towards it or it's people.
I would guess this leaves out science and anyone who expects truths that can be properly verified and proven with evidences.

stevecanuck

4. Don't mock religion

You mean like Islam mocks paganism?

Verse 8:35 refers to the pagans praying at the Kaaba when it says:

Muhammad Sarwar: Their (unbelievers) prayer at the mosque is nothing but whistling and clapping of hands. We shall tell them, "Suffer torment for your disbelief."

First mockery, and then consignment to Hell

stevecanuck

This can't be true, unless is meant:

When @Link says, "Per Quran, a disbeliever doesn't want anything good coming to believers", he's probably quoting verse 2:105 (Yusuf Ali: It is never the wish of those without Faith among the People of the Book, nor of the Pagans, that anything good should come down to you from your Lord), and the "anything good" is undoubtedly the Qur'an. This language is used many times, and the context is always with regard to the Qur'an being sent down to Mohamed.

No need to believe in (any) Religion

Which of course it doesn't. If there's one thing the Qur'an is crystal clear about, it's that anyone who doesn't believe the Qur'an (ie: become a Muslim) is branded a disbeliever and will roast in Hell forever.

To be a believer means "Love All, Serve All"

To be a believer in islam, one absolutely must be a believer of Islam.

(Wish well to all, being put in action)

'Wish well to all Muslims being put in action'. The Qur'an says several times that Allah guides who He wishes and steers astray (and therefore sends to Hell) who He wishes.

stevecanuck

Looks like Paradise isn't in me future.

Maybe we can meet for a cup of molten brass like the Qur'an promises us (18:29 Muhammad Sarwar: Say," Truth comes from your Lord. Let people have faith or disbelieve as they chose." For the unjust We have prepared a fire which will engulf them with its (flames). Whenever they cry for help they will be answered with water as hot as molted brass which will scald their faces. How terrible is such a drink and such a resting place!)

The Qur'an says to believe in it or burn in Hell literally hundreds of times.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Maybe we can meet for a cup of molten brass like the Qur'an promises us (18:29 Muhammad Sarwar: Say," Truth comes from your Lord. Let people have faith or disbelieve as they chose." For the unjust We have prepared a fire which will engulf them with its (flames). Whenever they cry for help they will be answered with water as hot as molted brass which will scald their faces. How terrible is such a drink and such a resting place!)

The Qur'an says to believe in it or burn in Hell literally hundreds of times.
That's some serious hate speech in that book.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You mean like Islam mocks paganism?

Verse 8:35 refers to the pagans praying at the Kaaba when it says:

Muhammad Sarwar: Their (unbelievers) prayer at the mosque is nothing but whistling and clapping of hands. We shall tell them, "Suffer torment for your disbelief."

First mockery, and then consignment to Hell
Criticism on followers is not mockery. The Quran forbid insulting the gods of polytheists.

And we have entire chapters of hadiths that even say if a religion allows incest, you can criticize it, but not make fun of them or insult them.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
When @Link says, "Per Quran, a disbeliever doesn't want anything good coming to believers", he's probably quoting verse 2:105 (Yusuf Ali: It is never the wish of those without Faith among the People of the Book, nor of the Pagans, that anything good should come down to you from your Lord), and the "anything good" is undoubtedly the Qur'an. This language is used many times, and the context is always with regard to the Qur'an being sent down to Mohamed.

Which of course it doesn't. If there's one thing the Qur'an is crystal clear about, it's that anyone who doesn't believe the Qur'an (ie: become a Muslim) is branded a disbeliever and will roast in Hell forever.

To be a believer in islam, one absolutely must be a believer of Islam.

'Wish well to all Muslims being put in action'. The Qur'an says several times that Allah guides who He wishes and steers astray (and therefore sends to Hell) who He wishes.
The Quran talks mostly in faith and disbelief, because at that time, it was clear as the miracles being shown everyone knew deep inside they were proofs.

However, there are verses that talk about people who are neither believers nor disbelievers. And the hadiths confirm this at least in Shiite sources. We can say that out of people who do not know Islam, there can be good and evil. They are tried with different trial, and so long as they believe and submit to the signs and truth they know, they will be counted as different type of believers and submitters.

stevecanuck

Criticism on followers is not mockery.

That is absurd. Calling someone's prayers "whistling and clapping of hands" is absolutely mockery.

What if someone said Islamic prayer is just grinding your forehead into the ground with your butt in the air? Would you call that mockery?

Tamino

However, there are verses that talk about people who are neither believers nor disbelievers. And the hadiths confirm this at least in Shiite sources. We can say that out of people who do not know Islam, there can be good and evil. They are tried with different trial, and so long as they believe and submit to the signs and truth they know, they will be counted as different type of believers and submitters.
So what about me?
I know about Islam, I read the Qur'an, I heard about its "miracles"... And I most emphatically disbelieve. I do not submit to this god nor follow this prophet.
On my the other hand, I try to respect Muslims and I submit to my truth (Ma'at).
Oh, and I am a polytheist.
So, hell or heaven in your religion?

By the way, Osiris doesn't care what you believe in, as long as you act with justice and compassion. You're welcome in my paradise.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That is absurd. Calling someone's prayers "whistling and clapping of hands" is absolutely mockery.

What if someone said Islamic prayer is just grinding your forehead into the ground with your butt in the air? Would you call that mockery?
Salam

I don’t think it’s making fun of the rituals but is criticizing the fact they don’t really care about God in these rituals but are having fun instead.

stevecanuck

Salam

I don’t think it’s making fun of the rituals but is criticizing the fact they don’t really care about God in these rituals but are having fun instead.

Saying they don't really care, but are just having fun when they pray IS mockery. Islam is utterly intolerant of any other belief. There are hundreds and hundreds of verses that say so. And you know it.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Saying they don't really care, but are just having fun when they pray IS mockery. Islam is utterly intolerant of any other belief. There are hundreds and hundreds of verses that say so. And you know it.
Salam

Any criticism can be seen an insulting or mockery. But really there is a difference between criticism and insults.

Islam is intolerant for when proof is present and depending to what degree to that person. Otherwise, there is leeway.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why can't worship be fun?
Salam

I think the Quran point of view, is that the Kaba is chosen for God but they called themselves it's protectors while equated creation (jinn) with him. So while they did rituals, they didn't really protect the true purpose.

This reminds me also there are hadiths that say this about Muslims in general. That since Pilgrimage rituals are meant to bring justice to society and recognition of the leaders that God appointed but they didn't recognize it's true purpose, that there acts where clapping of hands really too.