• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DOJ demands Personal Info of 'anti-Trump activists' from Facebook

Is this going too far

• Yes

Votes: 15 93.8%
  • No

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Wow. It's a good thing I don't use Facebook.

I wonder if they're checking the entire net. They could be scouring every blog, every forum, every message board (possibly even this one).

I wonder if they're compiling some sort of "enemies list."

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Wow. It's a good thing I don't use Facebook.

I wonder if they're checking the entire net. They could be scouring every blog, every forum, every message board (possibly even this one).

I wonder if they're compiling some sort of "enemies list."
I never liked Facebook. Stopped using it.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
We're seeing, amongst other things, a return to a sort-of McCarthyism along with the President's "enemies list".

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member

Nope, because most of them are communist traitors to the U.S.

Communist Control Act of 1954 - Wikipedia

An exert:

The Communist Control Act (68 Stat. 775, 50 U.S.C. 841-844) is a piece of United States federal legislation, signed into law by President Dwight Eisenhower on 24 August 1954, which outlaws the Communist Party of the United States and criminalizes membership in, or support for the Party or "Communist-action" organizations and defines evidence to be considered by a jury in determining participation in the activities, planning, actions, objectives, or purposes of such organizations.

They are alleged treasonous criminals and should have a trial to be judged and incarcerated if found guilty.

I told you this was coming over a month ago.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

An exert:

The Communist Control Act (68 Stat. 775, 50 U.S.C. 841-844) is a piece of United States federal legislation, signed into law by President Dwight Eisenhower on 24 August 1954, which outlaws the Communist Party of the United States and criminalizes membership in, or support for the Party or "Communist-action" organizations and defines evidence to be considered by a jury in determining participation in the activities, planning, actions, objectives, or purposes of such organizations.

They are alleged treasonous criminals and should have a trial to be judged and incarcerated if found guilty.

Laika

Premium Member

An exert:

Things are different now. Communist fly the hammer and sickle proudly while rioting. There is no conspiracy. The communist have unveiled themselves. :D Nothing left now but to round em up!

Given that you have repeatedly insisted on enforcing the Communist Control Act of 1954 on the forums would you actually be prepared to debate it in the one on one sub-forum?

Enoch07

Premium Member
Given that you have repeatedly insisted on enforcing the Communist Control Act of 1954 on the forums would you actually be prepared to debate it in the one on one sub-forum?

Not interested in debates anymore, or trying to find common ground. I have had my fair share of it in other places.

I just didn't insist on it. I signed a petition with 600,000+ other Americans for this law to be enforced. We actually have a President that listens to his people now.

The country has spoken. There is no room for communism in america. Sorryz

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Things are different now. Communist fly the hammer and sickle proudly while rioting. There is no conspiracy. The communist have unveiled themselves. :D Nothing left now but to round em up!
It's one thing to prosecute individuals for unlawful actions like assault, vandalism, etc. but to "round em up" over silly beliefs is tyrannical and goes against everything America stands for.

However, I hope that Trump does pursue such a witch hunt, as it would only serve to make the hole that he continues to dig for himself even deeper.

Enoch07

Premium Member
It's one thing to prosecute individuals for unlawful actions like assault, vandalism, etc. but to "round em up" over silly beliefs is tyrannical and goes against everything America stands for.

However, I hope that Trump does pursue such a witch hunt, as it would only serve to make the hole that he continues to dig for himself even deeper.

Would be true if Trump just made an executive order or such.

But the law has been around since the 50's. They should not have broken the law.

Ignorantia juris non excusat.

Laika

Premium Member
Not interested in debates anymore, or trying to find common ground. I have had my fair share of it in other places.

I just didn't insist on it. I signed a petition with 600,000+ other Americans for this law to be enforced. We actually have a President that listens to his people now.

The country has spoken. There is no room for communism in america. Sorryz

As I was interested to see whether you would act on your convictions or had thought them through, I guess that answers that question.

Enoch07

Premium Member
As I was interested to see whether you would act on your convictions or had thought them through, I guess that answers that question.

This is years in the making. Its too little too late now. A few months ago maybe we could have avoided this. But the actions of specific groups has forced our hand. I don't think any peaceful communist will be bothered. Just the ones that condone violence and social justice by any means necessary.

Laika

Premium Member

Being used as collateral damage makes me "uncomfortable" to put it politely.

This is years in the making. Its too little too late now. A few months ago maybe we could have avoided this. But the actions of specific groups has forced our hand. I don't think any peaceful communist will be bothered. Just the ones that condone violence and social justice by any means necessary.

As a "peaceful communist" trying to walk away from a violent totalitarian ideology, I am bothered, especially if you use a phrase like "by any means necessary".

Last edited:

Enoch07

Premium Member
I sincerely doubt you'd be comfortable watching news reports of 5,000 American citizens being driven on the back of Trucks into interment camps for being members of the CPUSA.

As a "peaceful communist" trying to walk away from a violent totalitarian ideology, I am bothered, especially if you use a phrase like "by any means necessary".

I didn't use that terminology. That is Yvette Felarcas group BAMN. By any means necessary a viloent cultural marxist group.