• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Doesn't God have more than one son? What about daughters?

non-duality

If we consider God as our father as Christianity does, then all men are sons of God and all women daughters of God. (It is already a detraction if we grant God only paternal, not however maternal aspects). Actually there are several passages from the Bible which points there is not only one son of God. (Here the daughters were forgotten again.)

Roman 8:14: because those who are led by the spirit of god are sons of God.
Mat 5:9: blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God.

When we see Jesus as a brother instead of as the Lord, we raise him trom his high throne the churches built him to make him unattainable for the common people. Jesus wanted be a man like every different one so that the other people recognizes they can be also like him.

I'm interessted about your opinion.

No*s

Captain Obvious
non-duality said:
If we consider God as our father as Christianity does, then all men are sons of God and all women daughters of God. (It is already a detraction if we grant God only paternal, not however maternal aspects). Actually there are several passages from the Bible which points there is not only one son of God. (Here the daughters were forgotten again.)

Roman 8:14: because those who are led by the spirit of god are sons of God.
Mat 5:9: blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God.

When we see Jesus as a brother instead of as the Lord, we raise him trom his high throne the churches built him to make him unattainable for the common people. Jesus wanted be a man like every different one so that the other people recognizes they can be also like him.

I'm interessted about your opinion.

We become sons and daughters of God through Christ. When God became man, He brought divinity down to our corruption, and "by death trampled down death."

Now, He offers His body and blood as food and drink in the Eucharist. By eating and drinking, we ingest Christ. This grace, along with other sources of grace allow us to be transformed, to become like God.

The end goal of all this is to take part in the life of the Trinity. At that point, we really, and quite literally, are sons and daughters of God.

Think of it as a vine being grafted. The wild vine is different from the domesticated vine, but the wild vine is taken out and placed inside the domesticated. When that happens, the wild takes part in the domesticated vine's life, but it isn't the domesticated vine. They are still separate, but they are united.

djFiddles

God does call every person on Earth into relationship with Him; thereby becoming His child (son or daughter), through a sort of eternal, spiritual, God adoption. Jesus is the only begotten Son of God (John 3:16). To tell you the truth I do not know what makes Jesus the "begotten" Son of God. I know it has something to do with the fact that Jesus is in fact 1oo% God in all aspects of the word (enter Trinity concept). Beyond that, I am not really certain.

Concerning angels as sons of God: there does seem to be a distinction here with angels because they do not procreate and every single one of them were created by God with no one else's "help." This is the same of Adam and Eve who were not brought into existence through pro-creation, but just the intial act of creation.

(I just came down with a terrible headache; so if this doesn't make the best sense, I'll fix it next time I'm online. Sorry.)