• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does there exist a "chosen" people in the eyes of God

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Virtually all - doesn't mean all, so I take that to mean you can't speak for all. If you say you know what's in their minds and hearts, then you have to know if you are god to know. I'm not, so I don't know.

The same applies to the other side as well. I don't know their hearts. If you know.... well...

I can't tell you what's in these people's mind and heart. I can tell you that I don't have an agenda. If I am given clear, concrete proof of something, I cannot go against it. So I think it's fair to give these guys the benefit of the doubt.

I can prove that I don't have a religious agenda too. I have more than once challenged persons to provide me the solid empirical evidence for the evolution of the whale, and no one seems willing to do so.
I conclude, that's because no one can, as I can see for myself... and that's just one of the areas where evidence is clearly lacking.
I think many scientists honestly feel the same way.

The last question was not addressed to you.
This gemtleman sounds sincere to me.

You most definitely have a religious agenda here. The bold demonstrates your ignorance of science and the context of the references you cite. Despite claims to the contrary Gunter Bechly is a devote Catholic and an advocate of Intelligent Design, and associated with the 'Discovery Institute' a religious organization supporting 'Intelligent Design,' .I mentioned this beore where all those with a religious agenda are affiliated, and BINGO he is affiliated with the 'Discovery Institute,'

Nothing in this post offers anything I can respond to. Even the video you presented and your posts represent an 'argument from ignorance,' which you are apparently do not realize the consequences.

The 'argument from ignorance' follows: 'We not know how something evolved (eg flagellum) therefore Intelligent Design.'

Last edited:

nPeace

Veteran Member
You most definitely have a religious agenda here. The bold demonstrates your ignorance of science and the context of the references you cite. Despite claims to the contrary Gunter Bechly is a devote Catholic and an advocate of Intelligent Design, and associated with the 'Discovery Institute' a religious organization supporting 'Intelligent Design,' .I mentioned this beore where all those with a religious agenda are affiliated, and BINGO he is affiliated with the 'Discovery Institute,'

Nothing in this post offers anything I can respond to. Even the video you presented and your posts represent an 'argument from ignorance,' which you are apparently do not realize the consequences.

The 'argument from ignorance' follows: 'We not know how something evolved (eg flagellum) therefore Intelligent Design.'
Bold? What bold?:confused:
People judge others and think they are right. You are not. You can only assume.
I am telling you I do not have a religious agenda, and you are telling me otherwise. Is it not because you have convinced yourself of that perhaps as an excuse to dismiss people, or put them in a category where you are not obligated to consider what they say?
You certainly are no god.

How would you feel if someone judged you as being dishonest?
Is it that you want people to close their eyes and gullible accept what you think they should?
There is simply no evidence for the evolution theory, and you know it. Maybe the bold here spells something too.
I challenged you on one point, which your silence on, as someone who claims to be a scientist, is quite revealing.

I don't disagree with anyone who doesn't believe in something for which they see no evidence that verifies it. It's not sensible for someone to wake up one morning, and go and feed their pet fish, and say, "Oh, I came from you." with not an inkling of evidence to prove it. That's being gullible. This is the truth of the matter - in all honesty. Like it or not. :)

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
There is simply no evidence for the evolution theory, and you know it. Maybe the bold here spells something too.

I do not know it! I am a qualified geologist with 40+ years of experience in field geology with peer reviewed publications. What are your academic qualifications to make such an outrageous claim.

I challenged you on one point, which your silence on, as someone who claims to be a scientist, is quite revealing.[/quote]

Your ignorance of science and unwillingness to get the information your self even on the internet where it is available form internationally recognized academic institutions.

Challenged one point? The evolution of whales? There are more found fossil intermediates in the evolution of whales than many other lineages of animals including mammals. You are 'arguing from ignorance' again because you believe there is not enough evidence for the evolution of whales therefore 'Intelligent Design.' The following is a recognized academic view on the evolution of whales, What are your academic qualifications to dispute?

Evolution of whales: The evolution of whales

You can freely access the internet to answer the questions you are asking, but demand others provide the references.

I don't disagree with anyone who doesn't believe in something for which they see no evidence that verifies it. It's not sensible for someone to wake up one morning, and go and feed their pet fish, and say, "Oh, I came from you." with not an inkling of evidence to prove it. That's being gullible. This is the truth of the matter - in all honesty. Like it or not. :)

Science does not prove anything! Your ignorance of science is appalling in all honesty. Like it ot not!:

What are your academic qualifications to dispute evolution?

nPeace

Veteran Member
I do not know it! I am a qualified geologist with 40+ years of experience in field geology with peer reviewed publications. What are your academic qualifications to make such an outrageous claim.

I challenged you on one point, which your silence on, as someone who claims to be a scientist, is quite revealing.

Your ignorance of science and unwillingness to get the information your self even on the internet where it is available form internationally recognized academic institutions.

Challenged one point? The evolution of whales? There are more found fossil intermediates in the evolution of whales than many other lineages of animals including mammals. You are 'arguing from ignorance' again because you believe there is not enough evidence for the evolution of whales therefore 'Intelligent Design.' The following is a recognized academic view on the evolution of whales, What are your academic qualifications to dispute?

Evolution of whales: The evolution of whales

You can freely access the internet to answer the questions you are asking, but demand others provide the references.

Science does not prove anything! Your ignorance of science is appalling in all honesty. Like it ot not!:

What are your academic qualifications to dispute evolution?
Is that all you are concerned about? Qualification? Is that what establishes anything? Qualifications?
If that is the case, it means you have qualified yourself above your colleagues... if they do not agree with you. So that is where you put anyone who do not agree with what you believe.

No one need qualifications to read and understand. You do not know what they know, or understand. You just feel people are beneath you, because of you qualifications.
Now you need qualifications to dispute evolution...o_O :laughing:
That reveals why you put those with qualifications in a box. You can't dispute with them.
Is that how you view the percentage of people who disagree with the theory? :(
You have the last word. :innocent:

Last edited:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Is that all you are concerned about? Qualification? Is that what establishes anything? Qualifications?
If that is the case, it means you have qualified yourself above your colleagues... if they do not agree with you. So that is where you put anyone who do not agree with what you believe.

I am concerned about the competence and integrity of science.

No I do not put myself above others, but If you are going to express an 'opinion,' or more critical complete denial of the science of evolution endorsed by the scientists worldwide, who are qualified by their education and experience, your responses become meaningless based on a religious agenda. The same way the scientist that do the research to build airplanes and computers. Education and experience are legitimate requirements.

The reason we have universities and colleges that have evolved for hundreds of years as institutions of learning, research and technology. Without this we do not have a foundation for the knowledge of science and technology.

No one need qualifications to read and understand. You do not know what they know, or understand. You just feel people are beneath you, because of you qualifications.
Now you need qualifications to dispute evolution...o_O :laughing:
That reveals why you put those with qualifications in a box. You can't dispute with them.
Is that how you view the percentage of people who disagree with the theory? :(
You have the last word. :innocent:

Yes you need the required education and experience to even comprehend the evidence. All you have done throw out disconnected references without understanding the context. Yes, you need qualifications in any field of science and technology to understand and use it.

Last edited:

nPeace

Veteran Member
I am concerned about the competence and integrity of science.

No I do not put myself above others, but If you are going to express an 'opinion,' or more critical complete denial of the science of evolution endorsed by the scientists worldwide, who are qualified by their education and experience, your responses become meaningless based on a religious agenda. The same way the scientist that do the research to build airplanes and computers. Education and experience are legitimate requirements.

The reason we have universities and colleges that have evolved for hundreds of years as institutions of learning, research and technology. Without this we do not have a foundation for the knowledge of science and technology.

Yes you need the required education and experience to even comprehend the evidence. All you have done throw out disconnected references without understanding the context. Yes, you need qualifications in any field of science and technology to understand and use it.
I am concerned about the competence and integrity of science, as well... despite what your opinion is about me.

A man who builds a complex computer system did so because he learned from previous builds - even if it was the most simple.
He also uses the knowledge he gains from understanding how thing of that nature work.

One does not need a papers to do this. He gets papers because it's required for him to practice at some sort of institute.
It's the same with the man who learns how to drive... on his own. He could go on the road as a very experienced driver - more experienced than half the drivers on the road, but he would likely end up with a fine, and or jail time, because it's required by law to get a license.

There are children with very high IQ, who don't need qualifications to reason with an adult. All that child needs, are a few books, and he will leave professors with their certificates dumbfounded and scratching their heads.

"Ordinary" people aren't ignorant and stupid because they don't have papers There are many intelligent people out there who do not accept the theory of evolution, simply because the evidence presented is not sufficient to convince them it is true.

The scientists who challenge it, whether they be religious or not, do so for the same reason.
If people have convinced themselves that all people who oppose the "evidence" are religious, they are simply wrong.
Atheist and agnostics have also rejected it, and some have even concluded that there is some sort of intelligence involved in what the see around them, even if they don't subscribe to God, as is presented by religion.

I think the reason why some are so quick to judge others and try to belittle them, is due to their arrogance, and pride.
:oops:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I am concerned about the competence and integrity of science, as well... despite what your opinion is about me.

My opinion of you personally is indifferent. No it does not appear from your posts that you have concern for the competence and integreity of science, because you do not respect the knowledge of science, which you lack.

A man who builds a complex computer system did so because he learned from previous builds - even if it was the most simple.
He also uses the knowledge he gains from understanding how thing of that nature work.

One does not need a papers to do this. He gets papers because it's required for him to practice at some sort of institute.
It's the same with the man who learns how to drive... on his own. He could go on the road as a very experienced driver - more experienced than half the drivers on the road, but he would likely end up with a fine, and or jail time, because it's required by law to get a license.

There are children with very high IQ, who don't need qualifications to reason with an adult. All that child needs, are a few books, and he will leave professors with their certificates dumbfounded and scratching their heads.

"Ordinary" people aren't ignorant and stupid because they don't have papers There are many intelligent people out there who do not accept the theory of evolution, simply because the evidence presented is not sufficient to convince them it is true.

The scientists who challenge it, whether they be religious or not, do so for the same reason.
If people have convinced themselves that all people who oppose the "evidence" are religious, they are simply wrong.

Nothing here worthy of responding to!

Atheist and agnostics have also rejected it, and some have even concluded that there is some sort of intelligence involved in what the see around them, even if they don't subscribe to God, as is presented by religion.

This is false. Please cite sources.

I think the reason why some are so quick to judge others and try to belittle them, is due to their arrogance, and pride.
:oops:

Who is some here? Maybe you?

Last edited:

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I think the reason why some are so quick to judge others and try to belittle them, is due to their arrogance, and pride
True. And above all "Lack of Love" IMHO. Jesus is not know to belittle others as far as I remember reading in the Bible [Good Samaritan etc]