• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does the Qur'an say that the bible is corrupted

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I've not really heard it. Maybe it would be said the resurrection part is a corruption, but many Muslims read the Bible and consider it just as much a word of god as the Koran.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Peace be on you.
Allah says about Holy Quran:

[ch15:v10] Verily, We Ourself have sent down this Exhortation, and most surely We will be its Guardian.

Does such promise exist about Privious Books?

Peace be on you.

[ch15:v10] Verily, We Ourself have sent down this Exhortation, and most surely We will be its Guardian.

are you saying that if those same words are not in other books, than they are corrupted?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I have heard many Muslims and Christians argue about this issue, but which one is right.
Who knows which one, if either, is right.
It isn't as though there will ever be anything other than the faith in belief for either side.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Peace be on you.

Ouch.
Sad that Allah failed.

Acintya_Ash

Bhakta
Peace be on you.

This is the logical fallacy known as the "circular argument", which is committed when one presents evidence from that which one is trying to prove. In the same way, if you ask a fundamentalist Christian to prove the validity of the Bible, he will usually start quoting verses from the Bible! Here is a mundane example of this fallacy: A thief was dividing up some ill-gotten booty, some jewels, with his two partners in crime. But he kept most of the jewels for himself. "Why is your share of the jewels larger than ours?", asked one of his partners. "Because I am the leader", he replied. "Why are you the leader?" his partner queried. To which he responded, "Because I have more jewels." :D

Peace be upon YOU!

Last edited:

Thana

Lady
I've heard quite a few Muslims argue this point, Especially about the Tanakh being corrupted and tampered with, But I've never actually seen them give reasons why they believe this other than the bible contradicting a lot of the Qur'an, but then again, I've never asked.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
are you saying that if those same words are not in other books, than they are corrupted?

Peace be on you.
Yes.

Obviously the purpose is not to hurt anyone's feelings. If anyone follows their Books with true righteousness and does effort to stick to the correct teaching as much as possible, God will accept that and show further light.

Jesus (on whom be peace) was true servant of God and he came to reform Israelites. Some believed him others not, he migrated and did his work well at other place.

There were many changes in Bible all along the way.
Quran has preserved their true teachings of forgiveness and kindness.

""
In the first few centuries of the church, lots of different Christian groups espoused a wide range of theological and ecclesiastical views. These different groups were completely at odds with each other over
some of the most fundamental issues: How many Gods are there? Was Jesus human? Was he
divine? Is the material world inherently good or evil? Does salvation come to the human body, or does it come by escaping the body? Does Jesus' death have anything to do with salvation? The problem in the development of the canon of Scripture was that each and every one of the competitive groups of Christians--each of them insisting they were right, each trying to win converts--had sacred books that authorized their points of view. And most of these books claimed to be written by apostles. Who was right? The canon that emerged from these debates
represented the books favored by the group that ended up winning. It did not happen overnight. In fact, it took centuries....""

Source: https://www.alislam.org/egazette/articles/Banned-from-Bible-200905.pdf

wwwDOTalislamDOTorg/egazette/articles/Banned-from-Bible-200905.pdf
========================================

""
In John (5 : 2-5) we had :
Now there is at Jerusalem by the sheep market a pool, which is called in the Hebrew tongue Bethesda, having five porches. In these lay a great multitude of impotent folk, of blind, halt, withered, waiting for the moving of the water. For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water
stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had. And a certain man was there, which had an infirmity thirty and eight years. When Jesus saw him lie, and knew that he had been now a long time in that case, said he unto him, Wilt thou be made
whole ?

For hundreds of years we had this account reproduced in the Gospels. Nobody ever thought that it was unreliable. But when there began controversies between the Muslims and the Christians in the nineteenth century, verse 4 and part of v. 3 were deleted from the above passage in the Revised Version published in 1881, out of fear of Muslim criticism, and it was noted on the margin that many ancient authorities insert, wholly, or in part, the words deleted from the text. The question is, when this portion was found in many ancient authorities, why was the change made. Moreover, the very fact that a certain verse is found in certain copies and is missing in others is a proof of the fact that the original text has been tampered with.

There can be only two alternatives. Either we will have to admit that the verse was not found in the
original text. In that case, we will have to conclude that certain scribes took the liberty of introducing the words on their own account. Or we will have to admit that the verse did exist in the original text. In that case we will have to infer that certain scribes intentionally expunged the verse from the text. In both cases the text will be considered as having been tampered with. ""

Source: Page 54 @ https://www.alislam.org/library/books/Introduction-Study-Holy-Quran.pdf

wwwDOTalislamDOTorg/library/books/Introduction-Study-Holy-Quran.pdf

Peace be on all.

Last edited:

psychoslice

Veteran Member
All religions especially Christianity believe that all other religions are wrong except for them, so its no surprise that the Qur'an is doing the same thing.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
All religions especially Christianity believe that all other religions are wrong except for them, so its no surprise that the Qur'an is doing the same thing.

Peace be on you.
Sorry, friend. Quran does not say so.
Quran says that religion continued to evolve around two things:
= Believe in One God i.e. pay right of God by worship and remembrance.
= Pay rights of people and other creations.

Evolution on continued and Christianity was a step before Quran came.

[Quran ch 42: v 14 @ alislamDOTorg/quran] " He has prescribed for you the religion which He enjoined on Noah, and which We have revealed to thee, and which We enjoined on Abraham and Moses and Jesus, saying, ‘Remain steadfast in obedience, and be not divided therein. Hard upon the idolaters is that to which thou callest them. Allah chooses for Himself whom He pleases, and guides to Himself him who turns to Him.’ "

Quran is full version:
[ch5:v4]"..................This day have those who disbelieve despaired of harming your religion. So fear them not, but fear Me. This day have I perfected your religion for you and completed My favour upon you and have chosen for you Islam as religion..................."

Last edited:
J

johnpeter1970

Peace be on you.

YES! In many places and in many ways. That is what we call 'Prophecy'.

It is prophesied that a men who would deny Christ as the Son of God would come. And it was fulfilled.

And Jesus said:

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. (Matthew 24:14)

And it is being fulfilled ever since.

And God said:

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. (Matthew 16:18)

You want further evidence? Israel is your witness that the Bible alone is the Word of God.

Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name: (Jeremiah 31:35) If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever. (Jeremiah 31:36) Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD. (Jeremiah 31:37)

WHICH ISLAM IS TRYING TO DESTROY AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN....!

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Christianity was before the so called Quran, Muhammad didn't like the Jews or Christianity, so he made up his own scriptures, and that is all it is, like it or not.

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
Christianity was before the so called Quran, Muhammad didn't like the Jews or Christianity, so he made up his own scriptures, and that is all it is, like it or not.

Muslims claim the Qur'an to be the verbatim word of God, not of Muhammad. But I'm sure you'll be the one to convince them otherwise; with blanket assertions no less.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Muslims claim the Qur'an to be the verbatim word of God, not of Muhammad. But I'm sure you'll be the one to convince them otherwise, with blanket assertions no less.
Your conditioned to believe what you believe, and that's what it all boils down to.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
I have heard many Muslims and Christians argue about this issue, but which one is right.

the Quran does not say the bible is corrupted. It says those teaching it corrupted the message.

Muslims are told to consult with the 'people of the book' and to accept the writings of the prophets and gospel.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
the Quran does not say the bible is corrupted. It says those teaching it corrupted the message.

Muslims are told to consult with the 'people of the book' and to accept the writings of the prophets and gospel.
Its the same thing, don't pussyfoot.