• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does The Bible Contain Errors And Contradictions

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Well, I can't help all that. I just use this as a general guideline. If I know someone is autistic, I treat them as I would want to be treated IF I WAS AUTISTIC. Otherwise, I just default and frankly it's up to them to let me know or deal with it.
It's why you just ask. It's easy and it spares discomfort and avoids needless intrusions.
And how do you know what it's like being autistic? Most neurotypicals aren't even comfortable with social silence like those often are.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Well, yeah, from our perspective it seems like that because we experience time in a straight line, and we don't know what's going to happen in the future. But since God already knows everything that is about to happen, that means the future is fixed, and cannot be changed. We humans just have the illusion of free will.
If god exists, of course.
On this earthly realm of existence the future does not exist until it becomes the present.

The future is known by God but not fixed because the future is contingent upon what we choose to do, which has not happened until we make that choice. God knows what we will choose to do so whatever we choose to do will be what God knew we would choose to do from all the available options.

For example, if we chose to wear a red shirt today that will be what God knew we would choose, but if we chose to wear a blue shirt today that will be what God knew we would choose.

God's knowledge does not determine what we will choose, we determine that by making the choice. Whatever we choose to do will be identical with what God knows we will choose because God knows what we will choose.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
"Does God know or does He not know that a certain individual will be good or bad? If thou sayest 'He knows', then it necessarily follows that the man is compelled to act as God knew beforehand how he would act, otherwise, God's knowledge would be imperfect.…"
-Moses Maimonides
God knows if a certain individual will be good or bad because God has perfect foreknowledge, but it is not God's foreknowledge that causes that person to be good or bad, it is the actions of that person. God knows what those actions will be because God is all-knowing.

“Every act ye meditate is as clear to Him as is that act when already accomplished. There is none other God besides Him. His is all creation and its empire. All stands revealed before Him; all is recorded in His holy and hidden Tablets. This fore-knowledge of God, however, should not be regarded as having caused the actions of men, just as your own previous knowledge that a certain event is to occur, or your desire that it should happen, is not and can never be the reason for its occurrence.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 150

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
More Demonic doctrine, about a weak and impotent god wants everyone to be saved.
No, it is the loving God who wants everyone to be saved. The demonic doctrine is the doctrine that wants some people to go to hell.
But his wants are never fulfilled because he is weak and useless. I trash that kind of God, my God gets everything He wants, so there's a huge difference between my God and yours.
The all-powerful God could get anything He wants, so that God could have made sure that everyone was a believer.

“He Who is the Day Spring of Truth is, no doubt, fully capable of rescuing from such remoteness wayward souls and of causing them to draw nigh unto His court and attain His Presence.“If God had pleased He had surely made all men one people.” His purpose, however, is to enable the pure in spirit and the detached in heart to ascend, by virtue of their own innate powers, unto the shores of the Most Great Ocean, that thereby they who seek the Beauty of the All-Glorious may be distinguished and separated from the wayward and perverse. Thus hath it been ordained by the all-glorious and resplendent Pen…” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 71

In that passage above, He Who is the Day Spring of Truth refers to God. “If God had pleased He had surely made all men one people” means that God could ensure that everyone would be believers. In that passage, “ascend, by virtue of their own innate powers, unto the shores of the Most Great Ocean” means using your reason (innate powers) to determine if God exists. God wants everyone to search for Him and determine that He exists by using their own reason.
Please don't ever say tat we believe in the same god, as this is the highest insult to me. My God hates all other gods, and so do I. I only love what He loves and I hate everyone He hates.
I will say whatever I want to say as long as it is within the forum rules. According to my beliefs there is only one God, so whatever God you believe in is the same God I believe in. You simply have a lot of misconceptions about that God, and those are coming from your own self. Theye certainly are not coming from the Bible.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Dead wrong again, my God hates. I don't know anything about your god
The one true God does not hate anyone, He loves everyone.

"How ignorant therefore the thought that God who created man, educated and nurtured him, surrounded him with all blessings, made the sun and all phenomenal existence for his benefit, bestowed upon him tenderness and kindness, and then did not love him. This is palpable ignorance, for no matter to what religion a man belongs even though he be an atheist or materialist nevertheless God nurtures him, bestows His kindness and sheds upon him His light."

('Abdu'l-Baha, Star of the West, Vol. 8, issue 7, p. 78)

The Spirit of Truth

The Spirit of Truth
The Holy Bible has been the worlds best selling book, in every generation since the printing press was invented many centuries ago.

Many Historians have studied the 66 books of the Bible, and compared them to secular contemporaries, to see if they could find any contradiction or errors. Most of those who set out to find faults with the Bible, became devout Christians instead. Because they found no faults of contradictions.

It's no different today, many sceptics set out to debunk the Bible and end up becoming believers instead. The vast majority converted to Christianity after finding that all 66 books are reliable, historical documents.

The 66 books of the Bible were written by 36 unrelated authors from various parts of the world over a period of 2,500 years, yet none of the accounts contradict each other. But the main reason so many became believers is due to the 356 prophecies which were fulfilled in Jesus Christ. The whole Bible is about Jesus Christ. God's Prophets foretold of His coming into the world thousands of years before He came.

There is a list in the link, showing every one of the 356 prophecies and their fulfilment. This is well worth a look, as it provides irrefutable evidence that the Bible is a reliable historical document. No other historical figure ever came close to changing the world forever as Jesus Christ did.

Is the Old Testament Without Errors? No! it is not. Here are just a few.
Many still believe that the most significant books in the Old Testament were inspired to Moses word for word, and are therefore without error, but just think about how that could have occurred. Did God stand beside Moses for ten years dictating every word? Or did He call down to Moses from the clouds for ten years while Moses chiseled away at the Bible, a few verses per day? I think not. Inspiration from God comes like this; Moses would have woken up one morning and felt an urge to write down everything from the beginning of time that his father and grandfather had taught him. As he began to write, amazingly, he would have found himself writing things he did not even know he knew. Thoughts and ideas would have come into his head at such a speed that he would have found it almost impossible to write fast enough. So much so, that much of what he wrote would have been out of order, written in his own words, and all of it would have required endless editing for it to make sense.

God did not expect or even want Moses to write without error at this stage. Also, apart from the minor errors below, much of what came into Moses’ head and how he wrote it were metaphors that we were not meant to understand until after the judgement of the ‘prince of this world’: John 16:11. I have to say, as inspired as Moses may have been, he was still human and a lot of what he wrote he did not understand himself. Therefore, we must look for what God wanted us to understand from what He had Moses write, not just the literal meaning of what he wrote. Being aware of God’s plan for the elimination of evil helps.

The verses below are just a few of many errors in the bible, some minor and some not so minor.

Genesis 14:14 And when Abram heard that his brother nephew was taken captive, he armed his trained servants, born in his own house, three hundred and eighteen, and pursued them unto Dan:
Genesis 12:5. It is stated here that Lot was his brother's son, i.e., Abram’s nephew, not his brother.
Genesis 14:16. And he brought back all the goods, and also brought again his brother nephew Lot, and his goods, and the women also, and the people:
Genesis 28:13. I am the Lord God of Abraham, thy father grandfather: Jacob was the son of Isaac, who was the son of Abraham.
Genesis 29:12. And Jacob told Rachel that he was her father's brother nephew and that he was Rebekah's son: and she ran and told her father:
Genesis 29:15. And Laban said unto Jacob, Because thou art my brother nephew: Genesis 37:32. And they sent rent the coat of many colours, and they brought it to their father:

Now for errors introduced by those looking to make a profit from sales of the Bible, as does the NIV.

Genesis 10:5 KJV. By these were the Isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands; every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations
Genesis 10:5 NIV From these the maritime peoples spread out into their territories by their clans within their nations, each with its own language.
As you can see, changing ‘Isles’ or ‘Islands of the Gentiles’ to ‘maritime peoples’ loses two important facts. Firstly, there are no islands on the southern coast of the Mediterranean; the only islands are on the northern coast, so Japheth must have populated the coastline adjacent to the Greek Islands.
On the other hand, maritime peoples could be anywhere in the world that has a coastline. Secondly, Moses is telling us here that these are the Gentiles that The Rod will call in Isaiah 11:10, but ‘peoples’ as used in the NIV does not convey that to me
Genesis 11:1 KJV And the whole earth was of one language and of one speech. 2 And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there.
Compare this with the NIV Bible which, unbelievably, has Noah’s family travelling in the opposite direction.
NIV Genesis 11:1 Now the whole world had one language and a common speech. 2 As men moved eastward, they found a plain in Shinar and settled there. How can you expect to know God’s word with such carelessness? One fact must verify another, as it does in the KJV. We know that if they had landed on Mt Ararat, they would need to travel from the east, not, as the NIV states, that they travelled eastward, which would be taking them towards Mt Ararat

Having said all that, I am quite capable of understanding what God wanted Moses to write, which was not always exactly what would have happened. JC2

Last edited:

Madsaac

The Holy Bible has been the worlds best selling book, in every generation since the printing press was invented many centuries ago.

Many Historians have studied the 66 books of the Bible, and compared them to secular contemporaries, to see if they could find any contradiction or errors. Most of those who set out to find faults with the Bible, became devout Christians instead. Because they found no faults of contradictions.

It's no different today, many sceptics set out to debunk the Bible and end up becoming believers instead. The vast majority converted to Christianity after finding that all 66 books are reliable, historical documents.

The 66 books of the Bible were written by 36 unrelated authors from various parts of the world over a period of 2,500 years, yet none of the accounts contradict each other. But the main reason so many became believers is due to the 356 prophecies which were fulfilled in Jesus Christ. The whole Bible is about Jesus Christ. God's Prophets foretold of His coming into the world thousands of years before He came.

There is a list in the link, showing every one of the 356 prophecies and their fulfilment. This is well worth a look, as it provides irrefutable evidence that the Bible is a reliable historical document. No other historical figure ever came close to changing the world forever as Jesus Christ did.

Is this a gee up?

The bible is full of contradictions, hundreds and hundreds of them. And I think if you believe there isn't hundreds of them, then you have been brainwashed.

Here's just a few:

Examples of New Testament Contradictions​

Both genealogies begin with Jesus’ father, who is identified as Joseph (which is curious, given that Mary was supposedly impregnated by the Holy Ghost). But Matthew says Joseph’s father was Jacob, while Luke claims he was Heli. Matthew lists 26 generations between Jesus and King David, whereas Luke records 41. Matthew runs Jesus’ line of descent through David’s son Solomon, while Luke has it going through David’s son Nathan.

The story of Jesus’ birth is also contradictory. Matthew 2:13-15 depicts Joseph and Mary as fleeing to Egypt with the baby Jesus immediately after the wise men from the east had brought gifts.

But Luke 2:22-40 claims that after the birth of Jesus, his parents remained in Bethlehem for the time of Mary’s purification (which was 40 days, under the Mosaic law). Afterwards, they brought Jesus to Jerusalem “to present him to the Lord,” and then returned to their home in Nazareth. Luke mentions no journey into Egypt or visit by wise men from the east.

Concerning the death of Judas, the disloyal disciple, Matthew 27:5 states he took the money he had received for betraying Jesus, threw it down in the temple, and “went and hanged himself.” To the contrary, Acts 1:18 claims Judas used the money to purchase a field and “falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.”

In describing Jesus being led to his execution, John 19:17 recounts that he carried his own cross. But Mark 15:21-23 disagrees by saying a man called Simon carried the cross.

As for the crucifixion, Matthew 27:44 tells us Jesus was taunted by both criminals who were being crucified with him. But Luke 23:39-43 relates that only one of the criminals taunted Jesus, the other criminal rebuked the one who was doing the taunting, and Jesus told the criminal who was defending him, “Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.”

Regarding the last words of Jesus while on the cross, Matthew 27:46 and Mark 15:34 quote Jesus as crying with a loud voice, “My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?” Luke 23:46 gives his final words as, “Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit.” John 19:30 alleges the last words were, “It is finished.”

There are even contradictions in the accounts of the resurrection – the supposed event that is the very foundation of the Christian religion. Mark 16:2 states that on the day of the resurrection, certain women arrived at the tomb at the rising of the sun. But John 20:1 informs us they arrived when it was yet dark. Luke 24:2 describes the tomb as open when the women arrived, whereas Matthew 28:1-2 indicates it was closed. Mark 16:5 declares that the women saw a young man at the tomb, Luke 24:4 says they saw two men, Matthew 28:2 reports they saw an angel, and John 20:11-12 claims they saw two angels.

Also in the resurrection stories, there are contradictions as to the identity of the women who came to the tomb,[7] whether the men or angels the women saw were inside or outside the tomb,[8] whether the men or angels were standing or sitting,[9] and whether Mary Magdalene recognized the risen Jesus when he first appeared to her.[10]

As a final example of a New Testament contradiction, the conflicting accounts of Paul’s conversion can be cited. Acts 9:7 states that when Jesus called Paul to preach the gospel, the men who were with Paul heard a voice but saw no man. According to Acts 22:9, however, the men saw a light but didn’t hear the voice speaking to Paul.

Cruelties

Humanists also reject the Bible because it approves of outrageous cruelty and injustice. In civilized legal systems, a fundamental principle is that the suffering of the innocent is the essence of injustice. Yet the Bible teaches that God repeatedly violated this moral precept by harming innocent people.

Cruelty in Basic Christian Teachings

Instances of cruel and unjust behavior by the biblical God are seen in the most basic Christian doctrines. Some of God’s acts that harmed the innocent are as follows.

He damned the whole human race and cursed the entire creation because of the acts of two people (Genesis 3:16-23; Romans 5:18); he drowned pregnant women and innocent children and animals at the time of the Flood (Genesis 7:20-23); he tormented the Egyptians and their animals with hail and disease because pharaoh refused to let the Israelites leave Egypt (Exodus 9:8-11,25); and he killed Egyptian babies at the time of the Passover (Exodus 12:29-30).

After the Exodus he ordered the Israelites to exterminate the men, women, and children of seven nations and steal their land (Deuteronomy 7:1-2); he killed King David’s baby because of David’s adultery with Bathsheba (II Samuel 12:13-18); he required the torture and murder of his own son (e.g., Romans 3:24-25); and he promised to send non-Christians to eternal torture (e.g., Revelation 21:8).

More Slaughters Ordered by the Lord

Besides the unfairness and heartlessness contained in many well-known Christian teachings, the Bible has other violent tales that are opposed to civilized standards of morality. Among the most shocking Bible passages are those that portray God as ordering or approving the extermination of various people, including children and the elderly. Here are examples:

At I Samuel 15:3, the prophet Samuel gives King Saul this commandment from the Lord: “Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ***.”
Ezekiel 9:4-7 has this harrowing account: “And the Lord said unto him, Go through . . . the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof. And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity: Slay utterly old and young, both maids and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark. . . .”

Examples of God’s Other Cruel Methods

The God of the Bible displayed his sadistic tendencies by employing a variety of other means to torment and kill people.

He caused the earth to open and swallow entire families (Numbers 16:37-32); he used fire to devour people (e.g., Leviticus 10:1-2; Numbers 11:1-2); and he punished the Israelites with wars, famines, and pestilences (e.g., Ezekiel 5:11-17).

He sent wild animals such as bears (II Kings 2:23-24), lions (II Kings 17:24-25), and serpents (Numbers 21:6) to attack people; he sanctioned slavery (e.g., Leviticus 25:44-46); he ordered religious persecution (e.g., Deuteronomy 13:12-16); and he caused cannibalism (Jeremiah 19:9).

Disproportionate Punishments by the Lord

The biblical God is also guilty of inflicting punishments that are grossly disproportionate to the acts committed. In the American legal system, such disproportion violates the U.S. Constitution’s Eighth Amendment, which prohibits cruel and unusual punishments.

Obviously, to punish people who are completely innocent, as seen in the preceding Bible verses, constitutes punishment that is horribly disproportionate to the moral culpability of the recipients. And there are other instances where the biblical God’s punishments are shockingly harsh compared to the acts committed.

For example, the Old Testament says the Lord prescribed execution for the “crimes” of working on the Sabbath (Exodus 31:15); cursing one’s parents (Leviticus 20:9); worshiping other gods (Deuteronomy 17:2-5); enticing a friend or family member to worship other gods (Deuteronomy 13:6-10); being a witch, medium, or wizard (Exodus 22:18; Leviticus 20:27); engaging in homosexual acts (Leviticus 20:13); and not being a virgin on one’s wedding night (Deuteronomy 22:20-21).

In the New Testament, God became far worse in regard to imposing excessively severe punishments. It would be hard to imagine anything more cruel and disproportionate than punishing people with eternal torture for mere disbelief that Jesus was the son of God.

The inability to believe that proposition harms no one, and it has been disbelieved by some of the greatest benefactors of humanity. Nonetheless, God promises to punish them and all other nonbelievers with the most horrible pain conceivable.

God’s Violence Incites Human Violence

A serious problem with the violence and injustice in the Bible is that, all too often, the teachings and example of the biblical God have incited cruel acts by his followers.

Many of them reasoned that since God, who is considered just and loving, committed or approved of the most brutal acts, good Christians need not have qualms about behaving likewise. Such logic led the American patriot Thomas Paine to say, “The belief in a cruel god makes a cruel man.”[11]

Joseph McCabe’s treatise The History of Torture illustrates the reasoning process. McCabe reports that during the Middle Ages, there was more torture used in Christian Europe than in any society in history.[12]

The main cause of this cruelty was the Christian doctrine of eternal punishment. McCabe explains: “If, it was natural to reason, God punishes men with eternal torment, it is surely lawful for men to use doses of it in a good cause.”[13]

Thomas Paine was entirely justified in saying about the Bible: “It is a history of wickedness that has served to corrupt and brutalize mankind; and, for my part, I sincerely detest it as I detest everything that is cruel.”[14]

Teachings Inconsistent with the Laws of Nature

Many of the Bible’s claims are inconsistent with the laws of nature. Humanists believe that those claims are both wrong and harmful.

Last edited:

Madsaac

And some more

Human Sacrifice
“… Thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molech, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God…” — Leviticus 18:21

[In Judges, though, the tale of Jephthah, who led the Israelites against the Ammonoites, is being told. Being fearful of defeat, this good religious man sought to guarantee victory by getting god firmly on his side. So he prayed to god] “… If thou shalt without fail deliver the children of Ammon into mine hands, Then it shall be, that whatsoever cometh forth of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the children of Ammon, shall surely be the LORD’s, and I will offer it up for a burnt offering” — Judges 11:30-31

[The terms were acceptable to god — remember, he is supposed to be omniscient and know the future — so he gave victory to Jephthah, and the first whatsoever that greeted him upon his glorious return was his daughter, as god surely knew would happen, if god is god. True to his vow, the general made a human sacrifice of his only child to god!] — Judges 11:29-34

The Power of God
“… with God all things are possible.” — Matthew 19:26

“…The LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.” — Judges 1:19

Personal Injury
“…thou shalt give life for life, Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot. burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe. ” — Exodus 21:23-25

“…ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.” — Matthew 5:39

Circumcision
“This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.” — Genesis 17:10

“…if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.” — Galatians 5:2

Incest
“Cursed be he that lieth with his sister, the daughter of his father, or the daughter of this mother…” — Deuteronomy 27:22

“And if a man shall take his sister, his father’s daughter, or his mother’s daughter…it is a wicked thing….” — Leviticus 20:17

[But what was god’s reaction to Abraham, who married his sister — his father’s daughter?] See Genesis 20:11-12

“And God said unto Abraham, As for Sara thy wife…I bless her, and give thee a son also of her…” — Genesis 17:15-16

Trusting God
“A good man obtaineth favour of the LORD…” — Proverbs 12:2

Now consider the case of Job. After commissioning Satan to ruin Job financially and to slaughter his shepherds and children to win a petty bet with Satan. God asked Satan: “Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause.” — Job 2:3

The Holy Lifestyle
“Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart…” — Ecclesiastes 9:7

“…they that rejoice, as though they rejoiced not…” — 1 Corinthians 7:30

Sargonski

My God is a jealous God, He doesn't tolerate ****** who sleep around with other gods. He casts such into the lake of fire. As a Child of God, I don't allow anyone t
dishonor His Name. We are soldiers in a mortal battle to the end with the Devil and His Children
I can't tell if you're serious or you're joking. You are Christian, right? I don't remember seeing this **** in the bible.
What a tangled web we weave .. dishonor what name - you seem to not know what the name of your God is .. asked many times .. get no answer .. but now you finally give up the Ghost .. .. unmask the secret identity of this God from a secret Bible --- "Burn all the other Bibles" he cries.

Lord Jealous is your God --- Kill the child for the sin of the parents .. stone the adulterer .. turning back on the God of Jesus-- Hallowed be thy name and following the God of the Pharisees ... and what does your secret book say about the the God of the Pharisees Brother Charles -- this Jealous God of yours .. God chosen over the God of Jesus .. and our Father .. Hallowed be thy name

The Pharisees are speaking to Jesus John 8

39 “Abraham is our father,” they answered.

“If you were Abraham’s children,” said Jesus, “then you would[c] do what Abraham did. 40 As it is, you are looking for a way to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do such things. 41 You are doing the works of your own father.”

“We are not illegitimate children,” they protested. “The only Father we have is God himself.”

42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me. 43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45 Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me!

Lord Jealous is "The Father" of the Pharisees .. and your Father .. who is not "Ha satan" .. but a different devil Jesus is speaking about --- the one followers of Lord Jealous be worshiping in the dark night .. the only light coming from fires at the High Places .. the first fruits the sacrifice demanded by Lord Jealous.

"We are soldiers in a mortal battle to the end with the Devil and His Children"
is cried out .. to which we must ask .. Who are you and the Devil and his Children battling ?

Sounds to me like an intervention is in order -- got turned around .. ended up pointed the wrong direction thats all .. now just need to point the other way Brother Charles .. to Jesus .. the Path .the Way .. the Light .. and of course the truth from which you have been hiding, deflecting and denying.. Do not kill the child for the Sin of the Parents .. Let each be punished for their own Sin .. the Rule of Law principle .. 3 points for HeyZeus .. the latinized pronounciation ..

So it is written .. So it shall be done ..

Last edited by a moderator:

The Spirit of Truth

The Spirit of Truth
The one true God does not hate anyone, He loves everyone.

"How ignorant therefore the thought that God who created man, educated and nurtured him, surrounded him with all blessings, made the sun and all phenomenal existence for his benefit, bestowed upon him tenderness and kindness, and then did not love him. This is palpable ignorance, for no matter to what religion a man belongs even though he be an atheist or materialist nevertheless God nurtures him, bestows His kindness and sheds upon him His light."

('Abdu'l-Baha, Star of the West, Vol. 8, issue 7, p. 78)
I agree mate, God loves every one of his people, but unless they follow his commandments and accept the sacrifice the Man Jesus made for us, then they are destined for destruction. And as far as Charles Phillips' statement that God should have made everyone a believer, what nonsense. God gave us freewill and if we do not choose good over evil, then we are doomed. The purpose of free will, is that eventually, those who do not believe in good rather than evil, will have been identified and removed, i.e., the goats will have been separated from the sheep. JC2

The God you believe in does not exist. God is Love, not hate.
God does not boast or dishonor others the way you do.

How does Jesus define love?

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Nov 10, 2023
A Definition of Biblical Love — 1 Corinthians 13:4–7 - Medium
Love hates evil, you can't have love unless you also have hate. that's what the Bible says. I don't know what your bible says

Is the Old Testament Without Errors? No! it is not. Here are just a few.
Many still believe that the most significant books in the Old Testament were inspired to Moses word for word, and are therefore without error, but just think about how that could have occurred. Did God stand beside Moses for ten years dictating every word? Or did He call down to Moses from the clouds for ten years while Moses chiseled away at the Bible, a few verses per day? I think not. Inspiration from God comes like this; Moses would have woken up one morning and felt an urge to write down everything from the beginning of time that his father and grandfather had taught him. As he began to write, amazingly, he would have found himself writing things he did not even know he knew. Thoughts and ideas would have come into his head at such a speed that he would have found it almost impossible to write fast enough. So much so, that much of what he wrote would have been out of order, written in his own words, and all of it would have required endless editing for it to make sense.

God did not expect or even want Moses to write without error at this stage. Also, apart from the minor errors below, much of what came into Moses’ head and how he wrote it were metaphors that we were not meant to understand until after the judgement of the ‘prince of this world’: John 16:11. I have to say, as inspired as Moses may have been, he was still human and a lot of what he wrote he did not understand himself. Therefore, we must look for what God wanted us to understand from what He had Moses write, not just the literal meaning of what he wrote. Being aware of God’s plan for the elimination of evil helps.

The verses below are just a few of many errors in the bible, some minor and some not so minor.

Genesis 14:14 And when Abram heard that his brother nephew was taken captive, he armed his trained servants, born in his own house, three hundred and eighteen, and pursued them unto Dan:
Genesis 12:5. It is stated here that Lot was his brother's son, i.e., Abram’s nephew, not his brother.
Genesis 14:16. And he brought back all the goods, and also brought again his brother nephew Lot, and his goods, and the women also, and the people:
Genesis 28:13. I am the Lord God of Abraham, thy father grandfather: Jacob was the son of Isaac, who was the son of Abraham.
Genesis 29:12. And Jacob told Rachel that he was her father's brother nephew and that he was Rebekah's son: and she ran and told her father:
Genesis 29:15. And Laban said unto Jacob, Because thou art my brother nephew: Genesis 37:32. And they sent rent the coat of many colours, and they brought it to their father:

Now for errors introduced by those looking to make a profit from sales of the Bible, as does the NIV.

Genesis 10:5 KJV. By these were the Isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands; every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations
Genesis 10:5 NIV From these the maritime peoples spread out into their territories by their clans within their nations, each with its own language.
As you can see, changing ‘Isles’ or ‘Islands of the Gentiles’ to ‘maritime peoples’ loses two important facts. Firstly, there are no islands on the southern coast of the Mediterranean; the only islands are on the northern coast, so Japheth must have populated the coastline adjacent to the Greek Islands.
On the other hand, maritime peoples could be anywhere in the world that has a coastline. Secondly, Moses is telling us here that these are the Gentiles that The Rod will call in Isaiah 11:10, but ‘peoples’ as used in the NIV does not convey that to me
Genesis 11:1 KJV And the whole earth was of one language and of one speech. 2 And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there.
Compare this with the NIV Bible which, unbelievably, has Noah’s family travelling in the opposite direction.
NIV Genesis 11:1 Now the whole world had one language and a common speech. 2 As men moved eastward, they found a plain in Shinar and settled there. How can you expect to know God’s word with such carelessness? One fact must verify another, as it does in the KJV. We know that if they had landed on Mt Ararat, they would need to travel from the east, not, as the NIV states, that they travelled eastward, which would be taking them towards Mt Ararat

Having said all that, I am quite capable of understanding what God wanted Moses to write, which was not always exactly what would have happened. JC2
I'm not sure which translation you got all of that out of but my bible doesn't have any of those errors. We don't accept the Alexandrian translation. we only recognize the Byzantine translation. So there in lies the problem

Is this a gee up?

The bible is full of contradictions, hundreds and hundreds of them. And I think if you believe there isn't hundreds of them, then you have been brainwashed.

Here's just a few:

Both genealogies begin with Jesus’ father, who is identified as Joseph (which is curious, given that Mary was supposedly impregnated by the Holy Ghost). But Matthew says Joseph’s father was Jacob, while Luke claims he was Heli. Matthew lists 26 generations between Jesus and King David, whereas Luke records 41. Matthew runs Jesus’ line of descent through David’s son Solomon, while Luke has it going through David’s son Nathan.

The story of Jesus’ birth is also contradictory. Matthew 2:13-15 depicts Joseph and Mary as fleeing to Egypt with the baby Jesus immediately after the wise men from the east had brought gifts.

But Luke 2:22-40 claims that after the birth of Jesus, his parents remained in Bethlehem for the time of Mary’s purification (which was 40 days, under the Mosaic law). Afterwards, they brought Jesus to Jerusalem “to present him to the Lord,” and then returned to their home in Nazareth. Luke mentions no journey into Egypt or visit by wise men from the east.

Concerning the death of Judas, the disloyal disciple, Matthew 27:5 states he took the money he had received for betraying Jesus, threw it down in the temple, and “went and hanged himself.” To the contrary, Acts 1:18 claims Judas used the money to purchase a field and “falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.”

In describing Jesus being led to his execution, John 19:17 recounts that he carried his own cross. But Mark 15:21-23 disagrees by saying a man called Simon carried the cross.

As for the crucifixion, Matthew 27:44 tells us Jesus was taunted by both criminals who were being crucified with him. But Luke 23:39-43 relates that only one of the criminals taunted Jesus, the other criminal rebuked the one who was doing the taunting, and Jesus told the criminal who was defending him, “Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.”

Regarding the last words of Jesus while on the cross, Matthew 27:46 and Mark 15:34 quote Jesus as crying with a loud voice, “My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?” Luke 23:46 gives his final words as, “Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit.” John 19:30 alleges the last words were, “It is finished.”

There are even contradictions in the accounts of the resurrection – the supposed event that is the very foundation of the Christian religion. Mark 16:2 states that on the day of the resurrection, certain women arrived at the tomb at the rising of the sun. But John 20:1 informs us they arrived when it was yet dark. Luke 24:2 describes the tomb as open when the women arrived, whereas Matthew 28:1-2 indicates it was closed. Mark 16:5 declares that the women saw a young man at the tomb, Luke 24:4 says they saw two men, Matthew 28:2 reports they saw an angel, and John 20:11-12 claims they saw two angels.

Also in the resurrection stories, there are contradictions as to the identity of the women who came to the tomb,[7] whether the men or angels the women saw were inside or outside the tomb,[8] whether the men or angels were standing or sitting,[9] and whether Mary Magdalene recognized the risen Jesus when he first appeared to her.[10]

As a final example of a New Testament contradiction, the conflicting accounts of Paul’s conversion can be cited. Acts 9:7 states that when Jesus called Paul to preach the gospel, the men who were with Paul heard a voice but saw no man. According to Acts 22:9, however, the men saw a light but didn’t hear the voice speaking to Paul.

Cruelties

Humanists also reject the Bible because it approves of outrageous cruelty and injustice. In civilized legal systems, a fundamental principle is that the suffering of the innocent is the essence of injustice. Yet the Bible teaches that God repeatedly violated this moral precept by harming innocent people.

Instances of cruel and unjust behavior by the biblical God are seen in the most basic Christian doctrines. Some of God’s acts that harmed the innocent are as follows.

He damned the whole human race and cursed the entire creation because of the acts of two people (Genesis 3:16-23; Romans 5:18); he drowned pregnant women and innocent children and animals at the time of the Flood (Genesis 7:20-23); he tormented the Egyptians and their animals with hail and disease because pharaoh refused to let the Israelites leave Egypt (Exodus 9:8-11,25); and he killed Egyptian babies at the time of the Passover (Exodus 12:29-30).

After the Exodus he ordered the Israelites to exterminate the men, women, and children of seven nations and steal their land (Deuteronomy 7:1-2); he killed King David’s baby because of David’s adultery with Bathsheba (II Samuel 12:13-18); he required the torture and murder of his own son (e.g., Romans 3:24-25); and he promised to send non-Christians to eternal torture (e.g., Revelation 21:8).

Besides the unfairness and heartlessness contained in many well-known Christian teachings, the Bible has other violent tales that are opposed to civilized standards of morality. Among the most shocking Bible passages are those that portray God as ordering or approving the extermination of various people, including children and the elderly. Here are examples:

At I Samuel 15:3, the prophet Samuel gives King Saul this commandment from the Lord: “Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ***.”
Ezekiel 9:4-7 has this harrowing account: “And the Lord said unto him, Go through . . . the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof. And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity: Slay utterly old and young, both maids and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark. . . .”

The God of the Bible displayed his sadistic tendencies by employing a variety of other means to torment and kill people.

He caused the earth to open and swallow entire families (Numbers 16:37-32); he used fire to devour people (e.g., Leviticus 10:1-2; Numbers 11:1-2); and he punished the Israelites with wars, famines, and pestilences (e.g., Ezekiel 5:11-17).

He sent wild animals such as bears (II Kings 2:23-24), lions (II Kings 17:24-25), and serpents (Numbers 21:6) to attack people; he sanctioned slavery (e.g., Leviticus 25:44-46); he ordered religious persecution (e.g., Deuteronomy 13:12-16); and he caused cannibalism (Jeremiah 19:9).

The biblical God is also guilty of inflicting punishments that are grossly disproportionate to the acts committed. In the American legal system, such disproportion violates the U.S. Constitution’s Eighth Amendment, which prohibits cruel and unusual punishments.

Obviously, to punish people who are completely innocent, as seen in the preceding Bible verses, constitutes punishment that is horribly disproportionate to the moral culpability of the recipients. And there are other instances where the biblical God’s punishments are shockingly harsh compared to the acts committed.

For example, the Old Testament says the Lord prescribed execution for the “crimes” of working on the Sabbath (Exodus 31:15); cursing one’s parents (Leviticus 20:9); worshiping other gods (Deuteronomy 17:2-5); enticing a friend or family member to worship other gods (Deuteronomy 13:6-10); being a witch, medium, or wizard (Exodus 22:18; Leviticus 20:27); engaging in homosexual acts (Leviticus 20:13); and not being a virgin on one’s wedding night (Deuteronomy 22:20-21).

In the New Testament, God became far worse in regard to imposing excessively severe punishments. It would be hard to imagine anything more cruel and disproportionate than punishing people with eternal torture for mere disbelief that Jesus was the son of God.

The inability to believe that proposition harms no one, and it has been disbelieved by some of the greatest benefactors of humanity. Nonetheless, God promises to punish them and all other nonbelievers with the most horrible pain conceivable.

A serious problem with the violence and injustice in the Bible is that, all too often, the teachings and example of the biblical God have incited cruel acts by his followers.

Many of them reasoned that since God, who is considered just and loving, committed or approved of the most brutal acts, good Christians need not have qualms about behaving likewise. Such logic led the American patriot Thomas Paine to say, “The belief in a cruel god makes a cruel man.”[11]

Joseph McCabe’s treatise The History of Torture illustrates the reasoning process. McCabe reports that during the Middle Ages, there was more torture used in Christian Europe than in any society in history.[12]

The main cause of this cruelty was the Christian doctrine of eternal punishment. McCabe explains: “If, it was natural to reason, God punishes men with eternal torment, it is surely lawful for men to use doses of it in a good cause.”[13]

Thomas Paine was entirely justified in saying about the Bible: “It is a history of wickedness that has served to corrupt and brutalize mankind; and, for my part, I sincerely detest it as I detest everything that is cruel.”[14]

Many of the Bible’s claims are inconsistent with the laws of nature. Humanists believe that those claims are both wrong and harmful.
Yeah, I have a very ow view of humanists. They are at the bottom of the pecking order, so I don't know why you copied and pasted their nonsense here. The humanist view is totally irrelevant and not valid in any way shape or form. Humanism is a fake theory down to it's very core, as it has no standards or foundation. It's a free for all dogs breakfast

What a tangled web we weave .. dishonor what name - you seem to not know what the name of your God is .. asked many times .. get no answer .. but now you finally give up the Ghost .. .. unmask the secret identity of this God from a secret Bible --- "Burn all the other Bibles" he cries.

Lord Jealous is your God --- Kill the child for the sin of the parents .. stone the adulterer .. turning back on the God of Jesus-- Hallowed be thy name and following the God of the Pharisees ... and what does your secret book say about the the God of the Pharisees Brother Charles -- this Jealous God of yours .. God chosen over the God of Jesus .. and our Father .. Hallowed be thy name

The Pharisees are speaking to Jesus John 8

39 “Abraham is our father,” they answered.

“If you were Abraham’s children,” said Jesus, “then you would[c] do what Abraham did. 40 As it is, you are looking for a way to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do such things. 41 You are doing the works of your own father.”

“We are not illegitimate children,” they protested. “The only Father we have is God himself.”

42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me. 43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45 Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me!

Lord Jealous is "The Father" of the Pharisees .. and your Father .. who is not "Ha satan" .. but a different devil Jesus is speaking about --- the one followers of Lord Jealous be worshiping in the dark night .. the only light coming from fires at the High Places .. the first fruits the sacrifice demanded by Lord Jealous.

"We are soldiers in a mortal battle to the end with the Devil and His Children"
is cried out .. to which we must ask .. Who are you and the Devil and his Children battling ?

Sounds to me like an intervention is in order -- got turned around .. ended up pointed the wrong direction thats all .. now just need to point the other way Brother Charles .. to Jesus .. the Path .the Way .. the Light .. and of course the truth from which you have been hiding, deflecting and denying.. Do not kill the child for the Sin of the Parents .. Let each be punished for their own Sin .. the Rule of Law principle .. 3 points for HeyZeus .. the latinized pronounciation ..

So it is written .. So it shall be done ..
I gave you hundreds of answers, but ignorant people just refuse to deal with the evidence and plead ignorance. Quite sad really, you're never gonna learn anything while you remain fortified in that fortress of ignorance

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Is this a gee up?

Here's just a few:

Cruelties

You forgot the ten year difference in year of birth of Jesus. Luke used the Census of Quirinius as a lame excuse to get him to Bethlehem. That census was in 6 CE. Matthew has him born while Herod was still alive. Herod died in 4 BCE.

PearlSeeker

Rubbish, where is the the supposed contradiction. You cited a bunch of verses but you didn't point out what the contradiction is. Are you playing childish games or do you have an actual view about something
You (and the Bible) said that God hates evil people. I cited Bible verses that say to love such people because God loves them. "Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect."