• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does the Apostle Paul claim that Jesus Christ, the holy anointed man, is Almighty God?

101G

I have a question.
Why do you think that different Christians read the same Bible verses and come to different conclusions about God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit?
no thinking but knowing. ask, and it shall be given unto you, seek and ye shall find, knock and the door shall be open unto you. these principle of God work. I'm a living witness.

many, many, years ago the Holy Spirit revealed something unto me. scripture, 2 Timothy 2:15 "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."
he said, studying is not to LEARN God, but studying shows God that you're interested in his word, and the ONLY way to learn God is to have him REVEAL himself in the scriptures. and the studying confirm what he has revealed unto you. understand God reveals his Word and then he allows you to search out what he has REVEALED unto you. Proverbs 25:2 "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.". see we are kings and priest in Christ JESUS. he is the GREASTEST teacher, you and I will ever have. he will Guide you/us in all TRUTH, not some, but all TRUTH.

101G had to put down what his human teacher had taught him, other words 101G surrendered to God, and yes, it's tough when you been taught one way all one's life, but boy Oh boy the rewards of the TRUTH, all and every contradiction goes out every window, and every hard question walk out the door of easy understanding.

to me, the bible is complete. every supposed contradiction I have heard, God has revealed the truth of the supposed contradiction, and there are no more, (FOR ME), hard questions to answer. they been answered.

see, 101G is completely at rest in God, and FREE indeed. when one gets the basic working of the Godhead right,,,,, (THE ECHAD), everything and every doctrine fall in place correctly.

lastly, the reason why many Christians have different conclusions about God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit? is the FIRST PRINCIPLE of the oracles of God.... as a Christian. Hebrews 5:12 "For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat." Hebrews 5:13 "For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe." Hebrews 5:14 "But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil."

101G had to go back, start anew under the teaching of GOD HIMSELF. 1 Corinthians 2:13 "Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual." 1 Corinthians 2:14 "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."

ask the Holy Spirit, GOD, the Lords Jesus to teach you. remember the principle of God WORK. just do them and see the result. "YE have not because YE ask not".

when one go to God and ask him to teach you, be in FAITH, no doubting. and he will TEACH you. I KNOW, for he TAUGHT, and is STILL TEACHING 101G.

101G haven't graduated yet.... (smile), it's continuous learning, but with the Holy Spirit at the lead, one will never go wrong.

101G.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
no thinking but knowing. ask, and it shall be given unto you, seek and ye shall find, knock and the door shall be open unto you. these principle of God work. I'm a living witness.

many, many, years ago the Holy Spirit revealed something unto me. scripture, 2 Timothy 2:15 "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."
he said, studying is not to LEARN God, but studying shows God that you're interested in his word, and the ONLY way to learn God is to have him REVEAL himself in the scriptures. and the studying confirm what he has revealed unto you. understand God reveals his Word and then he allows you to search out what he has REVEALED unto you. Proverbs 25:2 "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.". see we are kings and priest in Christ JESUS. he is the GREASTEST teacher, you and I will ever have. he will Guide you/us in all TRUTH, not some, but all TRUTH.

101G had to put down what his human teacher had taught him, other words 101G surrendered to God, and yes, it's tough when you been taught one way all one's life, but boy Oh boy the rewards of the TRUTH, all and every contradiction goes out every window, and every hard question walk out the door of easy understanding.

to me, the bible is complete. every supposed contradiction I have heard, God has revealed the truth of the supposed contradiction, and there are no more, (FOR ME), hard questions to answer. they been answered.

see, 101G is completely at rest in God, and FREE indeed. when one gets the basic working of the Godhead right,,,,, (THE ECHAD), everything and every doctrine fall in place correctly.

lastly, the reason why many Christians have different conclusions about God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit? is the FIRST PRINCIPLE of the oracles of God.... as a Christian. Hebrews 5:12 "For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat." Hebrews 5:13 "For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe." Hebrews 5:14 "But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil."

101G had to go back, start anew under the teaching of GOD HIMSELF. 1 Corinthians 2:13 "Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual." 1 Corinthians 2:14 "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."

ask the Holy Spirit, GOD, the Lords Jesus to teach you. remember the principle of God WORK. just do them and see the result. "YE have not because YE ask not".

when one go to God and ask him to teach you, be in FAITH, no doubting. and he will TEACH you. I KNOW, for he TAUGHT, and is STILL TEACHING 101G.

101G haven't graduated yet.... (smile), it's continuous learning, but with the Holy Spirit at the lead, one will never go wrong.

101G.
That's fine, but lots of Christians say the same kind of thing you just said, and they are reading from the same Bible you are reading from, yet they don't believe the same things you believe.

I mean they all believe that they are led by the Holy Spirit, yet they are going in different directions.
Why would the Holy Spirit be teaching different people different things?

101G

I find your writing style somewhat difficult to follow, but I thank you for your response. Are you saying that Jesus was God referenced in the OT ? If so, that is my understanding. I do believe it was Jesus Who reached down His arm to become flesh as the Savior of humanity and it was Jesus that sent the angel in Revelation.
in Christ Jesus thank you. understand, Jesus as Spirit, (was not seen, or manifested, as, as, as, a person seen. so his NAME was not Given yet until man could speak ... "DIRECTLY" to God for himself as a person FACE to FACE, and not unseen. for the angels did not even see him. until he MANIFESTED in Flesh. 1 Timothy 3:16 "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."

so what we could not see, had no ... personal Name, only until he became "LIKE US", now, one can see who one is Speaking with..... another "PERSON". and now this PERSON who we can now see has a NAME, Personal Name... YESHUA/JESUS.

so in the OT, that is "WHAT" he is,,,, a Spirit, TITLE, God, and Father of us all. now when he showed up in flesh as we are, now this Spirit has a IDENTIFYING, or PERSOINAL NAME. what one cannot see, is not personal. he God is now "PDERSONIFIED." because he is in FLESH, SEEN.

101G.

101G

That's fine, but lots of Christians say the same kind of thing you just said, and they are reading from the same Bible you are reading from, yet they don't believe the same things you believe.

I mean they all believe that they are led by the Holy Spirit, yet they are going in different directions.
Why would the Holy Spirit be teaching different people different things?
he's not. the word of God is not contradictory, and that's the test.

Example, in Genesis 1:26, many say the US, and the OUR is the Father and Son in CREATION. do not may say this? they say something like this, the Father went through the Son and created all things. ERROR, the Son made nothing. supportive scripture. when the Pharisees question the Lord Jesus on divorcement, listen to what he said, Matthew 19:3 "The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?" Matthew 19:4 "And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female," meaning God.

so only one PERSON, (HE, GOD), made man male and female., so where is this written at, as the Lord Jesus said. the next verse after Genesis 1:26, verse 27. listen, Genesis 1:27 "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."

so God is a "HE" a single person, and the Lord Jesus said, "HE" one person made man male and female, and the HE is God, for our brother Mark recorded the same conversation and said it was GOD, that made man male and female.... Mark 10:6 "But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female."

so confirmation is clear that God is a HE, and the Lord Jesus cannot LIE. so the Million dollar question is... "Why did God, (a single person),, say US and OUR? because God is a ECHAD of himself to Come. in TIME, PLACE, ORDER, or RANK. and that TIME, and PLACE, and ORDER was to COME, but not at Genesis 1:26... (smile). scripture, Romans 5:14 "Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come." and he came in the fulness of TIME, Galatians 4:4 "But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law," Galatians 4:5 "To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons."

see, the son is to REDEEM, and SAVE, why, because in ORDER of TIME, and PLACE is, and was his administration to do this.

note, the Son didn't MAKE a thing, but JESUS did. ..... did you see how I said that?

this is how one separate the TRUTH from ERRORS. Isaiah 28:10 "For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:"

notice 101G this how one separate TRUTH from ERRORS, not LIES, but ERRORS. see, we as human make mistakes, which can be corrected, but a LIE is rejected.

so ,many Christians do make mistakes, (for to be human is to ERROR), but as said, ERRORS can be corrected.

but when one refuses to be corrected by the scriptures, that's when one is deceived. . and no scripture contradicts it-self. . if so, leave that translation alone.

now, by the scriptures, God, JESUS, is a single person who made all things. see Isaiah 44:24, one will see that he, he, he, was ALONE, and BY HIMSELF when he made all things, including Man.

101G.

InChrist

Free4ever
Those verses do not say that God became flesh.

"God was manifested in the flesh,"

Jesus was a Manifestation of God in the flesh, but a Manifestation is not identical to what it manifests.
A Manifestation of God is as close as we can ever get to God, but He is not actually God in the flesh.

The verse above does not say that God was incarnated in the flesh.
If God had been incarnated in the flesh that would mean that God became the man Jesus.
But God cannot become a man because God is spirit.
I don’t know how the meaning could be any clearer when it says …

For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead “bodily”

or

Behold, the virgin shall conceive and “bear a son”, and they shall call his name Immanuel' (which means, God with us)

God with us, born of a human woman virgin, and in a body would be God in dwelling flesh.

Yes, God is Spirit, but I don’t think as finite humans we can say that God cannot incarnate into human flesh. The scriptures show repeatedly that demonic “spirits” inhabit human beings. Who is to say that God the Son could not plan a human body for Himself, through Mary and conceived by the Holy Spirit, to come to earth in the Person of Jesus Christ to be Savior of the world? That’s what the scriptures say.

Anyway, you have your perspective and I have mine. Probably not much point in continuing on with the subject.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
he's not. the word of God is not contradictory, and that's the test.
No, it's not contradictory, but the Word can have more than one interpretation, so it can have many different meanings, and that is why people disagree regarding what it means.
On top of that, people can assign the wrong meanings to verses, especially when they don't know who the verse is referring to.

“Know assuredly that just as thou firmly believest that the Word of God, exalted be His glory, endureth for ever, thou must, likewise, believe with undoubting faith that its meaning can never be exhausted.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 175
now, by the scriptures, God, JESUS, is a single person who made all things. see Isaiah 44:24, one will see that he, he, he, was ALONE, and BY HIMSELF when he made all things, including Man.
Isaiah 44:24
Thus saith the Lord, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the Lord that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

You are conflating God with Jesus. Jesus is not God, Jesus is a Manifestation of God.
That verse is about God, not about Jesus. Jesus did not do any of the above, God did.

It bothers me when Christians take the Old Testament and try to apply it to Jesus. The Old Testament is not about Jesus, the New Testament is about Jesus.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Anyway, you have your perspective and I have mine. Probably not much point in continuing on with the subject.
It is all about interpretations of verses, I have been saying that for years. The verses mean one thing to you and they means something else to me. No, there is no point arguing about it.

InChrist

Free4ever
It is all about interpretations of verses, I have been saying that for years. The verses mean one thing to you and they means something else to me. No, there is no point arguing about it.
I think it is more appropriate to seek the interpretation that God intended and His meaning, rather than what you, I, or anyone feels the verses mean.

Brian2

Veteran Member
That is correct. The Son becoming a man is not God becoming a man but is the Son of God becoming a man.
More specifically, it was Son of God being sent by God and 'coming' as a man.

Before becoming a man the Son had only the nature of His Father and has had that from eternity, because the Son was not created/brought into being.
Jesus was the essence of God and that essence became a man.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I think it is more appropriate to seek the interpretation that God intended and His meaning, rather than what you, I, or anyone feels the verses mean.
I agree, but how do you think anyone can 'know' the interpretation that God intended and His meaning?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Before becoming a man the Son had only the nature of His Father and has had that from eternity, because the Son was not created/brought into being.
Jesus was the essence of God and that essence became a man.
Jesus had the essence of God because the soul of Jesus was in the spiritual world with God before He was born into this world.

(96) PRE-EXISTENCE - of Prophets

The Prophets, unlike us, are pre-existent. The soul of Christ existed in the spiritual world before His birth in this world. We cannot imagine what that world is like, so words are inadequate to picture His state of being.
(Shoghi Effendi: High Endeavors, Page: 71)

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
I am not a Catholic, nor an adherent to any denominational manmade creeds. The scriptures adamantly reveal the Triune Nature of the Godhead. Paul, as well as the other Apostles, came to understand and know that Jesus Christ was God the Son who came to dwell in the flesh.

Repeatedly, Paul demonstrated this in his letters by using Old Testament monotheistic passages which uniquely referred to YHWH, but applied he them to the Lord Jesus Christ. A couple examples…

Joel 2:32 “whoever calls upon the name of the Lord will be delivered “ refers to YWHW.

Romans 10:13 “whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved “,
Paul applies to Jesus.

————
Psalm 24:1, in reference to YWHW says…
The earth is the Lord’s, and all its fullness,
The world and those who dwell therein.

In 1 Corinthians 10 Paul is referring to Christ when he says…for “the earth is the Lord’s, and all its fullness.” ( vs. 26).

Also, Paul writes:

I tell the truth in Christ, I am not lying, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Spirit, that I have great sorrow and continual grief in my heart. For I could wish that I myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my countrymen according to the flesh, who are Israelites, to whom pertain the adoption, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the service of God, and the promises; of whom are the fathers and from whom, according to the flesh, Christ came,who is over all, the eternally blessed God. Amen.
Romans 9:1-5

And…

For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power. Colossians 2:9,10

And…

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:
God was manifested in the flesh,
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Preached among the Gentiles,
Believed on in the world,
Received up in glory.
1 Timothy 3:16

————

Then in…

Matthew 1:23

Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel' (which means, God with us).

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 20:28
Thomas answered him, 'My Lord and my God!'

1 John 5:20
And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.

I have no desire to continue arguing back and forth with you. You are free to continue denying the Person and Godhood of Jesus Christ. I just find it rather odd and disturbing that someone who claims to believe in God and the Bible has such animosity towards Jesus. Yet, He says there are those who never knew Him.
Oh my God!

You cannot be serious!

Not a single one of those quotes says anything about Jesus being God.

Everyone of those quotes has been manipulated and have forced translations for the purposes of attempting to confirm a trinity ideology.

Wow! ‘For Christ Jesus is Godwhom God raised from the dead and established as Lord of all…’

So GOD raised up Christ Jesus (who is God)?

And Thomas touched and handles God, God who is Spirit, even though greater disciples saw nothing except the man - Jesus Christ - The same man who had only moments earlier told Thomas: ‘I AM NOT A SPIRIT: Touch me, see marks in my hand and the wound in my thigh - see I have flesh and bone WHICH A SPIRIT DOES NOT HAVE!’ (Paraphrased)

And Jesus told the Jews: ‘I never called myself God; Yet GOD in times past, He, even He, called men who received His word, “GOD(s)” - yet I said only that GOD IS MY FATHER! ”.

Read that again… Jesus did not say he was God to the Jews…. Jesus’ words to the Jews were “God is my Father’.

How does that translate to ‘This proves Jesus is God’?

You notice, of course, that none of your ‘proofs’ show any sign of a TRINITY GOD … you do remember that trinity means THREE, don’t you?!!

I’m not going to list every fallacious claim you made since they have all been shown to be false many times over… perhaps you missed them or you think that, because you list them, you will suddenly be the author of truth to trinity.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Jesus had the essence of God because the soul of Jesus was in the spiritual world with God before He was born into this world.

(96) PRE-EXISTENCE - of Prophets

The Prophets, unlike us, are pre-existent. The soul of Christ existed in the spiritual world before His birth in this world. We cannot imagine what that world is like, so words are inadequate to picture His state of being.

Does that mean they were not created and are from eternity, as God is?

101G

GINOLJC, to all
No, it's not contradictory, but the Word can have more than one interpretation, so it can have many different meanings, and that is why people disagree regarding what it means.
first thanks for the reply, second, that the problem..... man's OWN interpretation. 2 Peter 1:20 "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation."

understand, the scripture cannot be interpret anyone, but must be "REVEALED" by God. did you hear what God said by his apostle Peter? 2 Peter 1:20 "Knowing this first". .....".that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation." READ THAT AGAIN.

as 101G been saying in the Lord Jesus, let the Holy Spirit TEACH you. there is no need for any man to interpret. any scripture.
On top of that, people can assign the wrong meanings to verses, especially when they don't know who the verse is referring to.
this is what 101G been saying, let God reveal his word unto you. this is why we have the Holy Spirit in us now. to GUIDE us in all TRUTH. now the test, as before, and as now today. if what the Man or woman of God say STAND in the scriptures, then it's of God. if what they say is not of God it will fall. see, applying a wrong word, or an interpretation, makes no difference., go to God and get the TRUTH if in doubt. for man is not willing to "REPENT". and if one is not willing to "REPENT" then no salvation. and REPENTING is hard to do if one don't KNOW.

101G, as said before, had to REPENT, change his mind about God, (being three persons), but when he did, oh be benefits, the FREEDOM, and the PEACE of MIND, and the Joy of KNOWING the TRUTH. it's just wonderful.

so, repentance, ask yourself, "what do I have to LOOSE?"
You are conflating God with Jesus. Jesus is not God, Jesus is a Manifestation of God.
That verse is about God, not about Jesus. Jesus did not do any of the above, God did.
conflating? well lets see what God says then, John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1:2 "The same was in the beginning with God." John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made."

him here is JESUS, the word of God who is "GOD", per John 1:1c. see, it's you who is in LACK OF KNOWLEDGDE in God's Holy Word.

now once again, the Jesus. as Son Made NOTHING, now watch this, but the Person, JESUS made all things. I just Love this, now revelation time.

Jesus, the Ordinal First the LORD, (all capitalization), Made all things. hence the title, "FATHER", because he's the CREATOR, and MAKER of ALL THINGS. Jesus, the Ordinal Last the Lord, (only the "L" is capitalized), REDEEMED, and SAVED all things that he, he, he, CREATED and MADE..... (smile), got it?

Jesus, the Ordinal First, the Spirit, without blood, without bone, and without flesh, CREATED and MADE all things.

Jesus, the Ordinal Last, the spirit, With blood, with bone, and with flesh, REDEEMED, and SAVED, all things that he CREATED and MADE. ..... see the Difference, see the ECHAD. and this is RIGHT in the bible.1 Corinthians 12:4 "Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit."1 Corinthians 12:5 "And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord." 1 Corinthians 12:6 "And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all."

you missed that didn't you? while you was so busy trying to understand the differences of JESUS as CREATOR, and MAKER, and Jesus as SAVIOUR, and REDEEMER of all that he created and made, you missed this, 1 Corinthians 12:5 "And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord." why is this so important? here's why, 1 Corinthians 12:6b "but it is the same God which worketh all in all." the "Lord" who is Jesus is God. .remember what YOU said? "
That verse is about God, not about Jesus. Jesus did not do any of the above, God did"

well 1 Corinthians 12:6b "but it is the same God which worketh all in all."

the same God who is "also" Lord, as 1 Corinthians 12:5 states, "And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord." AND THE "ONE" GOD WHO DO ALL THESE THINGS AS THE SPIRIT IN 1 Corinthians 12:4, IS THE SAME "GOD" WHO IN 1 Corinthians 12:4 IS THE SAME "Lord". WHO IS THE GOD THAT WORKETH ALL IN ALL.

did you see it? all your three persons. the Spirit = the Holy Spirit, in verse 4, the Lord = the son in verse 5, who is the Father/God in verse 6 who worketh all these things. yes your three person whom you Call God is the ONE PERSON JESUS .

we suggest you re-read this post, and 1 Corinthians 12:4-6 again.

101G.

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
I don’t know how the meaning could be any clearer when it says …

For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead “bodily”

or

Behold, the virgin shall conceive and “bear a son”, and they shall call his name Immanuel' (which means, God with us)

God with us, born of a human woman virgin, and in a body would be God in dwelling flesh.

Yes, God is Spirit, but I don’t think as finite humans we can say that God cannot incarnate into human flesh. The scriptures show repeatedly that demonic “spirits” inhabit human beings. Who is to say that God the Son could not plan a human body for Himself, through Mary and conceived by the Holy Spirit, to come to earth in the Person of Jesus Christ to be Savior of the world? That’s what the scriptures say.

How does God become man when he never leaves his imperial throne?

God empowers and sends his servants to do His bidding:
  • ‘Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him, and he will bring justice to the nations.’ (Isaiah 42:1)
Would you agree that God is speaking a prophesy about the Messiah?

Would you agree that this event occurred at the anointed of Jesus - that God baptised Jesus with the holy oil - His spirit?

Would you agree that this anointment was the empowerment stated by God in that verse in Isaiah 42:1?

Would you agree that prior to the anointment Jesus did not do anything that could be called ‘Miraculous’?

Would you agree that it was after Jesus was tempted in the wilderness that he ‘went around doing good - healing all who believed in him!’ (acts 10:37-38)
“You know what has happened throughout the province of Judea, beginning in Galilee after the baptism that John preached—how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.“

“And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.” (Eze Moreover, I have appointed Oholiab son of Ahisamak, of the tribe of Dan, to help him. Also I have given ability to all the skilled workers to make everything I have commanded you:36:27)

“See, I have chosen Bezalel son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah, and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with wisdom, with understanding, with knowledge and with all kinds of skills—to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut and set stones, to work in wood, and to engage in all kinds of crafts…’ (Exo 3-…)

What of any of the above would you disagree with?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Does that mean they were not created and are from eternity, as God is?
I don't know what you mean by 'created.'
All I know is that the souls of the Prophets existed in the spiritual world before they were connected to their bodies in this world.

I know that God has always existed, since scriptures say that God is eternal, but I don't know if the spiritual world has existed 'from eternity' since no scriptures that I know of say that.

Baha'u'llah wrote that God's creation has always existed, so maybe that includes the spiritual world, since it is part of God's creation.

“As to thy question concerning the origin of creation. Know assuredly that God’s creation hath existed from eternity, and will continue to exist forever. Its beginning hath had no beginning, and its end knoweth no end. His name, the Creator, presupposeth a creation, even as His title, the Lord of Men, must involve the existence of a servant.”

Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 150

But that does not mean that life on earth has always existed, since creation is inclusive of the whole universe.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
first thanks for the reply, second, that the problem..... man's OWN interpretation. 2 Peter 1:20 "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation."

understand, the scripture cannot be interpret anyone, but must be "REVEALED" by God.
First, let me reiterate what I said before -- verses mean different things to different people.
To me, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation." means that no individual person has the AUTHORITY to interpret scripture and claim they know what it means.

You claim it was "REVEALED" by God to you, through the Holy Spirit, so you know what it means, but other Christians say the same thing, yet they believe the same scripture means something different.

Do you see the problem?.
as 101G been saying in the Lord Jesus, let the Holy Spirit TEACH you. there is no need for any man to interpret. any scripture.

this is what 101G been saying, let God reveal his word unto you. this is why we have the Holy Spirit in us now. to GUIDE us in all TRUTH.
You are a man interpreting scripture, just like everyone else.
You say you are guided by the Holy Spirit, but other Christians say the same thing...

How then do you explain the discrepancies in interpretation?
Why do some Christians believe X while other Christians believe Y?
Why do you think you are right and the other Christians are wrong?
101G, as said before, had to REPENT, change his mind about God, (being three persons), but when he did, oh be benefits, the FREEDOM, and the PEACE of MIND, and the Joy of KNOWING the TRUTH. it's just wonderful.

so, repentance, ask yourself, "what do I have to LOOSE?"
So you used to believe that God is three persons and you no longer believe that? What do you believe now?
conflating? well lets see what God says then, John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1:2 "The same was in the beginning with God." John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made."

him here is JESUS, the word of God who is "GOD", per John 1:1c. see, it's you who is in LACK OF KNOWLEDGDE in God's Holy Word.
John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made."
That verse refers to God, NOT to Jesus.

Here is my interpretation:

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The Word refers to Jesus but that doesn't mean that Jesus was actually God.
The Word was God because Jesus was God manifested in the flesh

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

The following two verses are about God, not about Jesus. All things were made by God.
him refers to God, not to Jesus.

John 1
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

The Holy Spirit and the Word are the "appearance of God." The Word means the divine perfections that "appeared" in Jesus Christ. The Word (Jesus) was made flesh and dwelt among us means that Jesus, who had previously been with God in the spiritual world (heaven) before His birth, was born into this world (made flesh) and walked among us.

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The reason John 1:1 says "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God," is because Jesus was 'with God' in the spiritual world 'in the beginning.'