• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does the Apostle Paul claim that Jesus Christ, the holy anointed man, is Almighty God?

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
is not TEMPTATION a test, dose not the exam "PROVES" if the child understand the curriculum?

101G.
I think you are stressing the meaning.

A person is not TEMPTED in a driving examination.

A Child is not TEMPTED in a school examination.

They are being TESTED for their ability to do correct procedure and for correct performance.

Tempted would mean they are given opportunities to do the wrong thing - the objective of which is that they should refuse.

Adam was TESTED by having to keep the commandment not to eat the fruit from the two trees… SATAN TEMPTED him (well, Eve, really!) by telling a lie that God only told them not to eat from the two trees because if you did then your eyes would be opened to knowing good from evil but they won’t die. That deception TEMPTED Eve to eat the fruit. And hers is the clincher - Temptation is hard linked with GAINING SOMETHING THAT IS NOT RIGHTEOUSLY EARNED:
“When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it.” (Gen 3:6)
—————————
“But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your [mind] may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to [truth].”
—————————
Please stop and resist the TEMPTATION to try to be seen as right when you are wrong!

101G

I think you are stressing the meaning.

A person is not TEMPTED in a driving examination.

A Child is not TEMPTED in a school examination.

They are being TESTED for their ability to do correct procedure and for correct performance.

Tempted would mean they are given opportunities to do the wrong thing - the objective of which is that they should refuse.

Adam was TESTED by having to keep the commandment not to eat the fruit from the two trees… SATAN TEMPTED him (well, Eve, really!) by telling a lie that God only told them not to eat from the two trees because if you did then your eyes would be opened to knowing good from evil but they won’t die. That deception TEMPTED Eve to eat the fruit. And hers is the clincher - Temptation is hard linked with GAINING SOMETHING THAT IS NOT RIGHTEOUSLY EARNED:
“When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it.” (Gen 3:6)
—————————
“But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your [mind] may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to [truth].”
—————————
Please stop and resist the TEMPTATION to try to be seen as right when you are wrong!
Look, let's make this as simpler as possible, one can be TESTED/TEMPTED of Righteousness, for "Good". or one can be TESTED/TEMPTED of Evil for "WRONG".

NOW IF U CANNOT UNDERSTAND THAT, THEN GO TO GOD.

101G

Soapy

Look, let's make this as simpler as possible, one can be TESTED/TEMPTED of Righteousness, for "Good". or one can be TESTED/TEMPTED of Evil for "WRONG".

NOW IF U CANNOT UNDERSTAND THAT, THEN GO TO GOD.

101G
Just stop!

Understand when you are out synch with reality.

Best way - just do not reply trying to justify an untenable position. No one will judge you for acknowledging you were wrong… in fact you will be APPLAUDED for acknowledging when you are wrong and accept the truth!

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe that is not the only verse:
Col 1:19 For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell,

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
i believe it can't mean anything else.
Jesus and the Father are One does not mean that Jesus is God.

“I and my Father are one” (John 10:30) means that whatever pertains to Jesus, all His acts and doings, are identical with the Will of the Father. Jesus and God also share the same Holy Spirit, so in that sense they are one. Jesus also shares some (but not all) the Attributes of God so in that sense they are one.

The verse below says that God was manifest in the flesh; it does not say that God became flesh. God cannot become flesh because God is everlastingly hidden from the eyes of men. No one has ever seen God (John 1:18, 1 John 4:12). Many people saw Jesus so that means that Jesus was not God.

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Soapy

“I and my Father are one” (John 10:30) means that whatever pertains to Jesus, all His acts and doings, are identical with the Will of the Father. Jesus and God also share the same Holy Spirit, so in that sense they are one. Jesus also shares some (but not all) the Attributes of God so in that sense they are one.

The verse below says that God was manifest in the flesh; it does not say that God became flesh. God cannot become flesh because God is everlastingly hidden from the eyes of men. No one has ever seen God (John 1:18, 1 John 4:12). Many people saw Jesus so that means that Jesus was not God.

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
The verse does not say ‘GOD’ came in the flesh. Check the Greek it was translated from.
The verse says ‘He came in the flesh’, which means Jesus. There is no ‘God was manifested in the flesh’.

Mankind is ALREADY made in the image of God, albeit that we tarnish that image with sin in us. Jesus is a perfect man and thus perfect image. The point of the deliberately changed verse is that trinitarians CHANGED the focus of the verse to try to make it seem that it was God. Please, you need to be mindful of such underhanded changes to the scriptures.

It is easy to see that the verse is in error - check the other verses: What does it mean then that ‘GOD was seen by angels’, and that ‘God was justified in the flesh’, and that ‘GOD was Taken up in glory’???

Who took him up... who received God into Heaven?

I don’t understand - one line you say Jesus isn’t God, which is true. And the next line you say ‘God came in the flesh’ - which is ‘Jesus is God’ seeing that if was Jesus who came in the flesh.

Last edited:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The verse does not say ‘GOD’ came in the flesh. Check the Greek it was translated from.
The verse says ‘He came in the flesh’, which means Jesus. There is no ‘God was manifested in the flesh’.
Thanks for pointing that out, I never noticed that. I believe that God was manifest in the flesh as Jesus, so it was Jesus who came in the flesh, not God.
In other words, God manifested Himself as Jesus, but that does not mean that Jesus was God or that God became flesh, as Trinitarians believe.
Mankind is ALREADY made in the image of God, albeit that we tarnish that image with sin in us. Jesus is a perfect man and thus perfect image. The point of the deliberately changed verse is that trinitarians CHANGED the focus of the verse to try to make it seem that it was God. Please, you need to be mindful of such underhanded changes to the scriptures.

It is easy to see that the verse is in error - check the other verses: What does it mean then that ‘GOD was seen by angels’, and that ‘God was justified in the flesh’, and that ‘GOD was Taken up in glory’???

Who took him up... who received God into Heaven?

I don’t understand - one line you say Jesus isn’t God, which is true. And the next line you say ‘God came in the flesh’ - which is ‘Jesus is God’ seeing that if was Jesus who came in the flesh.
God was manifest in the flesh does not mean that God became flesh. It means that God manifested His qualities in Jesus, who came in the flesh.
So the qualities of God became visible and obvious by looking at Jesus.

If you manifest a particular quality, feeling, or illness, or if it manifests itself, it becomes visible or obvious.

Soapy

Thanks for pointing that out, I never noticed that. I believe that God was manifest in the flesh as Jesus, so it was Jesus who came in the flesh, not God.
In other words, God manifested Himself as Jesus, but that does not mean that Jesus was God or that God became flesh, as Trinitarians believe.

God was manifest in the flesh does not mean that God became flesh. It means that God manifested His qualities in Jesus, who came in the flesh.
So the qualities of God became visible and obvious by looking at Jesus.

If you manifest a particular quality, feeling, or illness, or if it manifests itself, it becomes visible or obvious.
It’s great that you have gained a better (or correct) understanding of that verse. I hope it will alert you to the very many other purposely mistranslated verses that Trinitarians have made to the scriptures in they’d attempt to claim that Jesus is God.

The aspect of the word ‘Manifest’ is the issue. Remember that such words are used purposely as double meanings (ambiguous) for the trinity audience (congregation). The point is that Trinitarians ABSOLUTELY use the word to mean a PHYSICAL APPEARANCE.

But they cannot recognise that is a false belief since they are surrounded by other false claims - which, frankly, also make no sense and further confuse they’d minds to the extent that they believe anything they are told by their trinitarian teachers.

But even if they do understand the error … where are they to go?? No one else around them csn uphold the truth they have just received / so they go back to trinitarian deceivers (Recall what Jesus says about the man with who cleaned his house of evil spirits. He did nothing afterwards and eventually a greater number of evil spirits invaded and made their home there….!)

And lastly, Jesus was born SINLESS. That is, he was an image of God in his thoughts and manner in righteousness and holiness. In being so, he had access to the spirit of God for positive usefulness. But it was not UNTIL Jesus was CALLED BY GOD to do service for God that Jesus was INDWELLED of the spirit of God IN FULL at the river Jordan anointment.

You can see this as an analogy in which David was a good, honest, righteous man who initially had NOT YET BEEN CALLED TO SERVICE by God. Then, later, GOD called him to service through the prophet Samuel, Samuel who then anoints him for Kingship. After this, in time, David, David went through many hardships but kept his holiness and righteousness and finally was made king of the Israelites.

So when you read about Jesus being ‘SENT BY GOD’, this is to be taken as the time when Jesus was called to service to God: The anointment at the river Jordan.

You (should) know this as it was after this that Jesus read the passage in the synagogue, saying, ‘This day the prophesy has been fulfilled in me’ (in effect:… ‘I am the awaited messiah you have been reading about for so long’). Notice that Jesus did not say, like, ‘I am the God you have been praying to and worshipping’!! So recall the verse in Isaiah where GOD speaks about the Messiah, and the point at which he ANNOUNCES him:
… “ Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him, and he will bring justice to the nations.” (Isaiah 42:1)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
So when you read about Jesus being ‘SENT BY GOD’, this is to be taken as the time when Jesus was called to service to God: The anointment at the river Jordan.

You (should) know this as it was after this that Jesus read the passage in the synagogue, saying, ‘This day the prophesy has been fulfilled in me’ (in effect:… ‘I am the awaited messiah you have been reading about for so long’).
Yes, that is what I mean when I say that Jesus was SENT BY GOD, I mean the time when Jesus was called to service to God at the river Jordan.

101G

1 Timothy 3:16 "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."

Hebrews 2:9 "But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man."

and there are only three entities. 1-God, 2 angels, and 3 man. so if he was made lower that the angels then that means before he is God. conclusion God in Flesh as a man

what did the apostle Peter by the Holy Ghost on the day of Pentecost? Acts 2:22 "Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:"

what did the Scripture say? "Jesus of Nazareth, a man", but was he not made lower than the angels? which as said, he is above the angels before taking on flesh bone and blood.

101 G.

Soapy

1 Timothy 3:16 "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."

Hebrews 2:9 "But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man."

and there are only three entities. 1-God, 2 angels, and 3 man. so if he was made lower that the angels then that means before he is God. conclusion God in Flesh as a man

what did the apostle Peter by the Holy Ghost on the day of Pentecost? Acts 2:22 "Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:"

what did the Scripture say? "Jesus of Nazareth, a man", but was he not made lower than the angels? which as said, he is above the angels before taking on flesh bone and blood.

101 G.
No, 101G, Jesus is man - spirit encased in flesh and bone. After being raised from the dead he was made IMMORTAL by God and BECAME a LIVING SPIRIT in Heaven, which means that he can live OUTSIDE of a flesh and bone body in Heaven and indwell a body when in the physical world.

101G

No, 101G, Jesus is man - spirit encased in flesh and bone.
yes, Jesus is God equally shared, being encased in flesh and bone. supportive scripture, Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:"

being is present, and Form is the Nature of God, which is Spiriut, (per John 4:24a).

conclusion" God encased in flesh and bone,,,,, with "BLOOD".

so you're reptoved.
After being raised from the dead he was made IMMORTAL by God and BECAME a LIVING SPIRIT in Heaven, which means that he can live OUTSIDE of a flesh and bone body in Heaven and indwell a body when in the physical world.
ERROR, he is IMMORTAL before he took on flesh and blood. understand, the Spirit is IMMORTAL not the flesh he came in. he was not made IMMORTAL, but was GLORIFIED in his OWN Spirit, fro where as he MADE "HIMSELF" of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men, see Phil 2:7)

now speaking of IMMORTALITY, he's the "ONLY" one who have it, so who made him IMMORTAL? ..... GOD? ..... that's him "JESUS". Oh U still a lot to Learn.

101G.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
now speaking of IMMORTALITY, he's the "ONLY" one who have it, so who made him IMMORTAL? ..... GOD? ..... that's him "JESUS". Oh U still a lot to Learn.
All humans are immortal, not only Jesus, because we all have an immortal soul.
God made us all that way, Jesus didn't do anything to make us immortal.
Jesus is NOT God.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Yeah but what does that mean? What can Jesus do?
What can Jesus do? I am not sure what you are asking. Do you mean what can Jesus do that ordinary humans cannot do?

I don't know what Jesus is doing in heaven, but while on earth Jesus could do miracles that ordinary humans could not do.

Question.—It is recorded that miracles were performed by Christ. Are the reports of these miracles really to be accepted literally, or have they another meaning? It has been proved by exact science that the essence of things does not change, and that all beings are under one universal law and organization from which they cannot deviate; and, therefore, that which is contrary to universal law is impossible.

Answer.—The Holy Manifestations are the sources of miracles and the originators of wonderful signs. For Them, any difficult and impracticable thing is possible and easy. For through a supernatural power wonders appear from Them; and by this power, which is beyond nature, They influence the world of nature. From all the Manifestations marvelous things have appeared.

Some Answered Questions, p. 100

22: MIRACLES