• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does science disprove religion or God?

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
I don't think so. Science doesn't set out to disprove religions or God, only to find out reasons on how things work. There may be some scientists who are doing so, but I do not believe science itself is out to do that. For one it's not sentient. :D

If it affects some people's views.. well.. perhaps they shouldn't take everything in their religious scripture quite so literally.

mAlice

Sexy Geek
...whenever something is shown to be wrong, it is changed to reflect what is known to be right.

Just to make things clear... Science can't, fundamentaly, prove something to be right, it can only prove something to be wrong.

And to the OP, No....... Science dosen't disprove the existence of God, neither does it try to.... Nor does it disprove or try to disprove the existence of a Gay Smurf orbiting Saturn!

Science doesn't work like that... If it did, it would go nowhere. If that was science, it would fall into an endless loop of useless research.

- "I tell you! There is a Gay Smurf out there!"

- "Well I haven't found any"

- "Go look again.... I'm sure it's there!"

- "Ok! I'll go look again!"

That's where the "endless loop" is and that kind of reasoning just dosen't work.

Last edited:

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Just to make things clear... Science can't, fundamentaly, prove something to be right, it can only prove something to be wrong.

And to the OP, No....... Science dosen't disprove the existence of God, neither does it try to.... Nor does it disprove or try to disprove the existence of a Gay Smurf orbiting Saturn!

Science doesn't work like that... If it did, it would go nowhere. If that was science, it would fall into an endless loop of useless research.

- "I tell you! There is a Gay Smurf out there!"

- "Well I haven't found any"

- "Go look again.... I'm sure it's there!"

- "Ok! I'll go look again!"

That's where the "endless loop" is and that kind of reasoning just dosen't work.
What you got against gay smurfs?

mAlice

Sexy Geek
What you got against gay smurfs?

According to Gargamel these small creatures can be turned into Gold. How are we suppose to profit from them if they are to busy swinging glowsticks in some rave a few thousands miles away from the outer rings of Saturn!?!

Takes a while to go there and harvest them!