• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does one have to be religious to be a good Republican?

I believe in God but I don’t feel superior to atheists. I believe feeding and clothing the unfortunate. I don’t pray and I find science more exciting than organized religion.

I adore Colin Powell and would vote for him in a heartbeat!

Does one have to be a bleeding heart to be a Republican?

Is still there room for people like Colin Powell or Freddie Prinze Jr in today’s GOP?

Last edited:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
First, you sound religious and feel superior to atheists, you should have no problem.

Second, it is not being religious that is the issue in the Republican Party. It is your brand of Religion.

Third, Republican are not bleeding hearts, because they are primarily for the wealthy and corporation interests.

I was raised in a Republican family, but today I would have nothing to do with the Republican Party.

I support McCain, but he does not fit in the Republican Party today. He would not fit the acid test of the Tea Party and Evangelical Republicans that dominate the Republican Party.

I admire McCain, because he had the independence and principles to vote against the draconian Republican Health Care Bill.

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I believe in God but I don’t feel superior to atheists. I believe feeding and clothing the unfortunate. I don’t pray and I find science more exciting than organized religion.

Is still there room for people like Colin Powell or Freddie Prinze Jr in today’s GOP?
You have to pander to the taliban Christians to be in the GOP today. "Taliban Christians" want to impose their religious values on the rest of us just like the Islamic Taliban wants to do. Only the religion is different.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I wanted Colin Powell to be president so bad..... Sigh.