• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does omnipotence not imply infinite power?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I agree with this fully though, it is just that at some point god would have to have expressed this power for the first time or else you go into an infinite regress. I can be wrong though because I am not well versed on the multiverse theory at all so god may be able to be defined as infinite in expression of all things.
I believe so, although I can't imagine what that looks like. It seems like "first time" is wrong, though, especially in view of what we say about the Eucharist, that it is one meal shared in all times and in all places by all people. That implies something of infinity.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
OK, that makes sense to me. What I'm saying would not apply to your view then.
Right. And, since that's how I apprehend God, it's really difficult for me to shift gears and begin thinking in terms of "a deity," without slipping back into my own mode of thinking.

Skwim

Veteran Member
As I understand it the difference is between being able to access all information and being eternally aware of all the information simultaneously.
Oh, I agree, but like I said, I don't find it a meaningful difference.