• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Lucifer look human or does he have red skin, a tail, and horns?

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Nope.
Moon-and-Venus_0211.jpg

Liu

Spiritual entities, if they exist at all, probably don't have one specific form anyway.

Well, I perceive Satan most typically as some kind of dragon, or some goat-headed figure.

So, horns and tail, yes, but red is quite rare, and the pitchfork I rather associate with Shiva.

Normally I use the name of Lucifer as synonymous with Satan, but when referring to the Air-elemental instead, it seems to me like some kind of angel.

Just my UPGs of course.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Many christians see Lucifer as a man with red skin, horns, tail, and with a pitch fork.​

I've never seen him that way. Once as a misty-type formless thing, and once similar to a horned-god hunter archetypal image. TBH, he probably looks like whatever he wants, so... :D

Anyway, the Christians borrowed the red skin thing from Persian, Greek, and Egyptian religion. (It was common to show evil deities depicted in red.) They used the horned God image from other religions because they were popular with the natives. They just took all those features, combined them, and used them as tools to demonize the religions. The pitch fork was just the symbol of the working class (which were largely farmers). Effectively, it was just an assault against the common man and his religion.

jhwatts

I will say human. In Isaiah 14 he is seen as a man.

I feel other deities exist and try to confuse people about the image of other deities. For example, if you turn Posiden's trident upside down it becomes a pitchfork.