• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does grace have rules?

So there is nothing other than free will and morals and ethics and perception of this world that going to lead us to the next and whatever we believe as a whole is most likely to be the truth is our future in the afterlife
Where I can see what most people see in a accumulative r

psychoslice

Veteran Member
So there is nothing other than free will and morals and ethics and perception of this world that going to lead us to the next and whatever we believe as a whole is most likely to be the truth is our future in the afterlife
Where I can see what most people see in a accumulative r
Myself I don't have a belief in the after life, well at least not who we believe ourselves to be, that would be ugly.

Where I can see what most people see in a accumulative reality that the more I believe the More I see
Are we following creation or are we following free will?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Where I can see what most people see in a accumulative reality that the more I believe the More I see
Are we following creation or are we following free will?
I'm sorry but it could be your language, but you don't make sense to me.

Vishvavajra

If we are saved by Grace why do so many believers try to live by the law? That would mean you were trying to save yourself.
I suspect it is a misunderstanding of both the concepts of Law and Grace, but that would take quite a while to explain properly.

A shorter answer is that people find it much easier to follow prescriptive rules than to internalize deeper principles and then make their own decisions. Also, those rules bring extra things like group identity, the ability to feel superior, to exclude others, etc. The fact that Paul basically warns against this kind of thinking doesn't stop modern Christians from falling into it on a regular basis--even to the point of treating Paul's own teachings as if they constituted a set of behavioral laws that one must follow to the letter. So they've taken his admonition that all in Christ are free of Law, nodded sagely, and then proceeded to replace the old Law with a new one, as if it were somehow completely different this time around. You could power a major metropolis if you could somehow attach an electrical turbine to him, so rapidly and constantly must he be spinning in his grave.

(I jump directly to a Christian focus because, of course, this question is of uniquely Christian interest. I'm not sure there are any other traditions to which it would apply.)