• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does everyone have their own Dimension?

Anthur

Hey, so I've thought about something and would like to read what you think about this:)
-
Everyone lives in his/her own Dimension. We "live" because we have feelings and we can think. If you sleep in example, there goes 8 hours in 'reality' but in your mind you feel like it were 5 seconds (example) - and there you entered a new Dimension, because you dont think in the same time as other humans. Example: A has to study maths (he hates it) and B watches his favorite serie. After an hour, A feel like 2 hours went past and B feels like 1/2 hour - they both entered different Dimensions.
You could say that people who have much fun in their life, live shorter and people who were bored all the time will live longer.

Another example: There are 2 Screens, on the left one you see A through his eyes and how he feels and thinks, and on the right screen B. (Notice: Theyre still in the same Dimension.) If both go to bed on 10:30pm and A watches a movie, that means he goes sleep midnight. And B says he wanna sleep as soon as possible so B fall asleep 11:00. When its 11:05, you can see on B's screen that he woke up and at the same time on A's screen you see that he is still watching the movie. That means B entered a new Dimension.

Ok, let me know what you think about this :)

Politesse

Amor Vincit Omnia
No, they have different perspectives on the same dimension. When mom is playing peekaboo with baby, baby doesn't pass in and out of a dimension where she doesn't exist. He just temporarily can't sense her. Just like you, while asleep, temporarily can't sense the passage of time.

Anthur

Well I actually should define Dimension.. so; a Dimension how I used it in the topic is the time where you are at, or better said, where you think you are. Thanks for dem answers tho :)

buddhist

It is my personal theory that the lower you are in samsara (e.g. demon, animals, ghosts, etc.), the lower your energetic spiritual frequency, and the faster time seems to pass for you. Conversely, the higher you are in samsara (e.g. human, deva, brahma), the higher your frequency, and the slower time passes in your perception.

Even within those categories, there are grades. A lower-frequency human would find time passing far faster than a higher-frequency spiritual adept.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Hey, so I've thought about something and would like to read what you think about this:)
-
Everyone lives in his/her own Dimension. We "live" because we have feelings and we can think. If you sleep in example, there goes 8 hours in 'reality' but in your mind you feel like it were 5 seconds (example) - and there you entered a new Dimension, because you dont think in the same time as other humans. Example: A has to study maths (he hates it) and B watches his favorite serie. After an hour, A feel like 2 hours went past and B feels like 1/2 hour - they both entered different Dimensions.
You could say that people who have much fun in their life, live shorter and people who were bored all the time will live longer.

Another example: There are 2 Screens, on the left one you see A through his eyes and how he feels and thinks, and on the right screen B. (Notice: Theyre still in the same Dimension.) If both go to bed on 10:30pm and A watches a movie, that means he goes sleep midnight. And B says he wanna sleep as soon as possible so B fall asleep 11:00. When its 11:05, you can see on B's screen that he woke up and at the same time on A's screen you see that he is still watching the movie. That means B entered a new Dimension.

Perception of time =/= movement of time. Time moves at a constant rate until you start going relativistic, and even then the "new time" is only for the object. Time keeps ticking outside it at a constant rate regardless.

For instance, do you know how long it takes for light to travel from the core of the sun to its surface? It's different depending on the composition of the material between "core" and "surface". It can take 10k years or it can take millions of years. Which means that a good chunk of the light that reaches the earth were "born" at different points, despite reaching us at the exact same time once the whole "travel through a ****ing star" bit is out of the way. Despite that, the sun remains the same age. The only thing affected are the rays of light themselves.

Fun facts;

If I'm not mistaken, the Soviets were the ones who first bothered to document the differences in time between a fast-moving and (relative to the fast-moving) stationary object.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
-

As long as I don't wake up in a pod with tubes and such running out of me. I'll be cool.

Jonathan Ainsley Bain

Logical Positivist
-

You make an excellent observation.
It can be demonstrated by walking a new route or a known route of about the same physical length.

The new route will seem to take far longer to reach even though your timepiece will say it took the same time.
People who explore the unknown will feel like their lives last longer.

When you are a child, then everything seems to take a long time because everything seems new.
If recent years are speeding by then you have stopped exploring and living.

So it is actually significant events in our minds that give us differing perceptions of the rate of time.
People who cannot appreciate what you are saying in this thread are people that only live routine lives.