• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does energy exist? Can you explain it to me?

Araceli Cianna

I was watching The Last Jedi at the cinema and felt that there is this kind of all encompassing force, but to say it's conscious or anything... I don't really get it. I tend to er on the side of naturalism and can only think that there are electrical charges between all things, right? Like between the body and such, and when we utilise it it becomes electricity which we use to power our technology. Can that charge really be directed by our minds?

Well, I don't have much understanding on the topic. I just wanted to know how you all see it, and if you can explain the concept to me.

Aldrnari

If you are talking about paranormal energy, then I would say no. That said, the belief in such energies can be used to activate placebos in the brain, and can achieve certain results.

Personally, my experiences are that mentally engrained placebos are more effective than placebos activated from self deception. Sigil magick works great in this regard, imo.:)

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I was watching The Last Jedi at the cinema and felt that there is this kind of all encompassing force, but to say it's conscious or anything... I don't really get it. I tend to er on the side of naturalism and can only think that there are electrical charges between all things, right? Like between the body and such, and when we utilise it it becomes electricity which we use to power our technology. Can that charge really be directed by our minds?

Well, I don't have much understanding on the topic. I just wanted to know how you all see it, and if you can explain the concept to me.
In the East, there is the conception of matter as the lowest rung of existence with energy/subtle planes being more refined and with the mental planes being the most refined.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I just ran into this quote attributed to Einstein which says what I was trying to say poetically We are slowed down sound and light waves, a walking bundle of frequencies tuned into the cosmos. We are souls dressed up in sacred biochemical garments and our bodies are the instruments through which our souls play their music.