• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does anyone want to know how to quote posts?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is really simple. What isn't simple is reading replies in different colors.

Right bracket Quote left bracket and right bracket /Quote left braket are two tools to use. The first is at the beginning and the second is at the end of each section that you wish to reply to.

I suppose with smart phones it might not work. I don't have one of those.

If you can copy and paste where you are, then copy [ /Quote ] and paste it at the end of each section that you want to reply to. Copy and paste [ Quote ] at the beginning of the next section you want to reply to. (eliminate all the sections that you want to ignore to keep it short.)

like this
It really is simple

So for each pair you get a neat box. And it's free!

This forum has such cool tools. When I am rich I plan on sending some money. Who knows?

Another tool here on forum is the post memory. Does anyone remember the days of posts of about 1000 words, that were almost done and then ~poof!~ the whole post disappeared? And then you wondered if it was worth doing again? This place remembers posts even after you leave the page. I call them ghost posts.

The other one is the +quote feature. Let's say you start replying but you forgot to copy the post you want to reply to. No problem! (this must be done before you click it to post it) Just scroll up, find the post and click +quote, then scroll back down to your super fine contribution and click 'copy post' or add quote (I forget) and up pops a box. It will tell you what to do. Even if the post that you want to quote isn't on the same page the ghost post will be there waiting at the bottom.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Anything that you want in a box will go into a box if you know where to put quote and unquote. If you mess it up as I have here you can edit it until everything is in it's right place.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
It is really simple. What isn't simple is reading replies in different colors.

Right bracket Quote left bracket and right bracket /Quote left braket are two tools to use. The first is at the beginning and the second is at the end of each section that you wish to reply to.

I suppose with smart phones it might not work. I don't have one of those.

If you can copy and paste where you are, then copy [ /Quote ] and paste it at the end of each section that you want to reply to. Copy and paste [ Quote ] at the beginning of the next section you want to reply to. (eliminate all the sections that you want to ignore to keep it short.)

It really is simple

So for each pair you get a neat box. And it's free!

This forum has such cool tools. When I am rich I plan on sending some money. Who knows?

Another tool here on forum is the post memory. Does anyone remember the days of posts of about 1000 words, that were almost done and then ~poof!~ the whole post disappeared? And then you wondered if it was worth doing again? This place remembers posts even after you leave the page. I call them ghost posts.

The other one is the +quote feature. Let's say you start replying but you forgot to copy the post you want to reply to. No problem! (this must be done before you click it to post it) Just scroll up, find the post and click +quote, then scroll back down to your super fine contribution and click 'copy post' or add quote (I forget) and up pops a box. It will tell you what to do. Even if the post that you want to quote isn't on the same page the ghost post will be there waiting at the bottom.
You don't have a smartphone?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I want a couple of people here on the forum to learn this. Because I do not like how they post. My forum friend who has since left, he taught me. I said "Oh wow! How did you KNOW that?" I think he said he figured it out. And I think that is smart!

Skwim

Veteran Member
quoting%20stuff_zpsrty54fjw.png

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
Here's what I was talking about

E3, Video games are amazing this year.

The Lord lead me to it.

Olinda

I want a couple of people here on the forum to learn this. Because I do not like how they post. My forum friend who has since left, he taught me. I said "Oh wow! How did you KNOW that?" I think he said he figured it out. And I think that is smart!

Trying to figure out quote boxes and found this thread

Because I do not like how they post.
I have been guilty of this, so just practicing here

I said "Oh wow! How did you KNOW that?"
Thank you, savagewind, for the lesson!