• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does anyone know about Earthing?

Two-bit guru

I recently came across the practice of earthing and would like to know if anyone else has had experience with it. The basic idea is to ground oneself with the earth to neutralize charges on and in the body. It might sound strange but it really works.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Works to do what? As in, how do you know these "charges" have been neutralized? What benefit is gained by neutralizing the charges?

Two-bit guru

As I understand it, our bodies are at a positive potential in relation to the earth. In our natural state, barefoot, we were in electrical contact with the earth, at the same potential as the earth.

In order to not take up unnecessary space in the forum I wrote an in-depth review about my experience here. Feel free to take a look if you're interested.

The benefits (as reported in the book Earthing) range from relief from arthritic pain, to better sleep, to more energy, and so on. I've been using an earthing pad for about 10 days now and I
do feel very energetic with few aches or pains.

Two-bit guru

I remember it was common several years ago for people to wear large copper bracelets for the Earthing factor.
I think the copper bracelet is a different effect. Earthing attaches one electrically to the ground, while the copper may have an electrical effect (induction, maybe) it isn't actually grounded (unless you stand in one place with a wire connecting the bracelet to a grounding rod:))

I've used a copper bracelet to alleviate soreness in my shoulder and found that it worked over time, although I felt uncomfortable with it if I used the bracelet after the soreness was gone.

I've read that absorbing too much copper through the skin can result in schizophrenia.:confused: