• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does anyone hate IE7 as much as I do?

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
lizskid said:
This program is a train wreck. Some new features are nice, but it is riddled with bugs. Shuts down fairly frequently. Rarely can I get a page to load on the first try. Accessing my email? HA, it takes 3-4 tries every time. This is consistent with 2 different systems and 2 operating systems. Anyone else?
I love my IE7 for XP, but then I haven't had any of those problems with it. I certainly wouldn't love it if it behaved like that.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
YmirGF said:
I rather like IE7 and have no problems whatsover with it. *sigh* It never crashes on my system... I would say this is more indicative of other issues on your systems Lizkid... no doubt many will tell you how very wrong I am... but... what do I care?

Thank goodness; I thought I was ther only member here who didn't screech in horror at "I.E".....I can honestly say I don't have any problems with it.

anders

Had to check. IE6, SP2. No problems. I'm not exactly a newbie; I wrote my first computer program in 1964 for a PDP-something. Any problem in my boxes are almost by definition hardware ****-ups. Just be careful of where you go, use vetted clean-up tools, don't go for the 1.0 versions of anything even if advertised as the thing.

kkorleski

lizskid said:
This program is a train wreck. Some new features are nice, but it is riddled with bugs. Shuts down fairly frequently. Rarely can I get a page to load on the first try. Accessing my email? HA, it takes 3-4 tries every time. This is consistent with 2 different systems and 2 operating systems. Anyone else?

I hate it as an user, due to the problems both with following standards and with security issues. I hate it as a web developer, trying to get my pages to work in both standards-based browsers AND IE. But what can you expect from Microsoft. It has the worst OS, the worst browser and it has an unfair monopoly in the gaming industry and in the office productivity industry.

And of course, they integrate IE into the Windows OS making it damn near impossible to fully remove. Plus, Windows Updater requires IE so you have to leave it installed. That blows chunks.

xexon

Destroyer of Worlds
IE is not welcome in my house.

I tore it out by the roots some time back. Takes a third party utility to do it as Windows won't allow you to delete it.

I used xplite.

x

mozilla firefox is the solution for all problems

and it's fully customizable too

i've got more add-ons and themes installed than i can count.

down with IE and ALL versions of it!!!
i go with firefox any day

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Yeh try the whole of Xoops.org also, and most web developers as IE needs different CSS and HTML to most browsers...so always you have to check if it looks the same in IE as well as firefox, Mac etc....
Yet the problem is always IE will look totally different or like the other day, my friend made a new theme and it wouldn't even show in IE, yet worked in all the rest...
so never fear you are not alone ;)

xexon

Destroyer of Worlds
I'd like to plug a browser called Opera. Its HIGHLY customizable. A million different skins are available for it. It also has a function that will identify itself to websites as IE, Firefox, or Opera. Your choice.

http://www.opera.com/

x

xexon said:
It also has a function that will identify itself to websites as IE, Firefox, or Opera. Your choice.

Now THAT'S useful!

Oh, and although it's an older post and off-topic to the OP... I would just speak a word of additional caution before going into OC'ing madness. Back in the day I had relatively low success rates manually reconnecting pins on CPUs and stuff like that. Now that they have utilities to do it all for you (on-the-fly OC is sooooooooo nice, let me tell you!) it's much easier, but still not fool-proof.

I'd be a hypocrite to say "stay away from OC'ing because it's hazardous". Rather, I *recommend* staying away because:

1. even performed successfully, it decreases the life of your equip when you increase the voltage (necessary when you start kicking up the multipliers and/or core freq. depending on what your bios/mobo allows you to change). While you may not care that your CPU will only last 12 years instead of 15 (i.e. will outlive it's practical life), the curve can get pretty rough depending on your cooling solutions etc.

2. the performance gain is largely mental. Unless you're doing distributed computing stuff or strenuous modeling programs, graphic rendering, stuff like that... (i.e. prolonged 100% resource usage) there's only a very specific point at which OC'ing is actually beneficial. Getting 500+ FPS in a game doesn't help me any more than 470 non-OC'd. Conversely, getting 12 FPS instead of 9 will not significantly better my experience either. Note that a 25% increase from 9-12 would be TREMENDOUS, not something you're likely to see without SIGNIFICANTLY jacking up your rig. And guess what... the game is still unplayable.

I'm sure there is a much more complete pro-con list out there on the many OCing boards around... as well as full how-to's written by experts. That's just my two cents.

Oh and as a note, my previously mentioned issues with FF on myspace pages has been completely resolved with FF2. Go Mozilla!

xexon

Destroyer of Worlds
Ever watch a program called "The Screensavers"? It was on TechTV a few years back. Neither the show or the network are around now, but it was the best show on TV for computer geeks. x