• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Acts 2:27-31?And Matthew 26:38?Make it look like Jesus's soul survived the death of his body?

Frank Goad

Does Acts 2:27-31?And Matthew 26:38?Make it look like Jesus's soul survived the death of his body?I think it does.:)What do you think?And if you can.Can you please use bible passages to back up your answer?

Does Acts 2:27-31?And Matthew 26:38?Make it look like Jesus's soul survived the death of his body?I think it does.:)What do you think?And if you can.Can you please use bible passages to back up your answer?

I think it is correct understanding, the soul is not destroyed in death. I think the soul is destroyed in the hell (Gehenna), in the end.

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Matt. 10:28

We do not even need to explain and debate this. Jesus rose from death. 3 days and 3 nights in the earth. Matt. 12:40. Souls do not die, they are eternal like God but just had a beginning. No where in scripture would it say souls survived anything because they do not die. All souls survive death the real thing to worry about is life after death and where the soul is headed. Eternal harm or eternal bliss.