• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you think true Satanists have been Satanic since birth?

flame93

I'm Satanist only when making point to a stupid religious fanatic to leave me alone.. Besides that I'm just simple dude asking questions, and exploring world in and out :)

jasonwill2

I'm Satanist only when making point to a stupid religious fanatic to leave me alone.. Besides that I'm just simple dude asking questions, and exploring world in and out :)

Why use the term Satanist if you do not venerate Satan as an entity or strive to be like him as a archetype?

It seems like overkill.

flame93

Why use the term Satanist if you do not venerate Satan as an entity or strive to be like him as a archetype?

It seems like overkill.

Because those people are stupid (not pointing to anyone here..) to understand what even Satanism or Thelema is, for them it is all "Satanism".. so if you want evil-satan dude.. here I am.. if you understand me.

jasonwill2

Because those people are stupid (not pointing to anyone here..) to understand what even Satanism or Thelema is, for them it is all "Satanism".. so if you want evil-satan dude.. here I am.. if you understand me.

Punch them in the face or ignore the ignorant ******* bigots? idk but dont call yourself a satanist since its a real (collection of) religion(s) imo

soz am very tired atm

flame93

Punch them in the face or ignore the ignorant ******* bigots? idk but dont call yourself a satanist since its a real (collection of) religion(s) imo

soz am very tired atm

LOL.. but in a way.. my view is that Satanism is very simmilar to Thelema, you worship deity who tells you to be very individual.. to me it is very "Thelemic", even more than some Thelemites who worship Buddha or some Hindu godhead.

jasonwill2

LOL.. but in a way.. my view is that Satanism is very simmilar to Thelema, you worship deity who tells you to be very individual.. to me it is very "Thelemic", even more than some Thelemites who worship Buddha or some Hindu godhead.

I don't worship Satan though... not in the traditional sense. even then lots of satanists dont believe in satan.

If so, I'm not a true Satanist then. I mean mentally I've probably been throughout my whole life, because I mentally was self-indulgent and stuff but I didn't really act that way.

What are your views on the "Satanists were Satanic from birth" thing?

As is the case in many of these discussions, the term 'satanic' , 'satanism', and even 'satan' have been left undefined, making any sort of meaningful dialogue difficult at best.

So I'll start. - Satan is the powerword that represents 'the dark' in our society. That which is villainous, demonized, feared. That which lay within the abyss our lifetimes of nomian programming make us hesitant to even peer into, much less leap into.

He is both this principle and the sum total of his manifestation, and to embrace 'Satan' is to embrace his deeds, to walk in the dark, and in so doing face down and eliminate the limitations of the RHP(properly understood as all forms of collective submission). Satan is the western embodiment of vamachara, of transcendence through willfully engaging in personal nastika.

With that said, and from that, Satanism to me is a matter of presencing the dark, doing antinomian things willfully and with purpose, treading the path that most would fear to tread and offer scorn to those that do. Satanism is a sort of heterodoxy feared and loathed by moralists, collectivists, white lighters and the bulk of those enthralled by the nomian mtv/fox news/religiocentric .

I know, this is a little different than the laveyan theme of 'satanism=do what you want', but to me that is hardly Satanism. Anyhow..

With that out of the way, and to answer your question..Satanists are both born and made. It takes a certain sort to face the dark(born), but it is that very walk through the dark that makes the Satanist.