• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you think these two computers selling prices are worth it? How much do you estimate them?

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Hello beautiful people!

I have two computers I might sell and I'd like to know if my estimation is good or what your price estimation for them are. Here they are:

The Mini Hummer:
CPU:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2.4GHz
Motherboard: GA-G31M-ES2C
RAM: Kingstone KVR667D2N5/1G x2 DDR2 667MHz
Storage: 80GB (OS) + 320GB (Data) HDD's
PSU: Gigabyte GE-R460-V1 460W
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6450 Silent
Case: a generic well made mini tower case with no fans
Optical Drive: Creative RVR-ROM (not working)

My estimation for this one is $100 USD

The Predator:
Motherboard:
MSI P55-GD80
CPU: Intel Core i5 750
Video card: GTX 480 (you won't believe how well this plays new games)
PSU: Gigabyte GZ-EMS65A-C1 650W
RAM: 8GB (4+4) Kingston Hyperx DDR3 T1 1600Mhz
Optical Drive: LG Super Multi DVD Multi Recorder RW DVD+R DL
Storage: 2x500GB WD HDD's
Case: Aero Cool XPredator X1

And for this one, it is $420 USD

Do you think my price tags feel good? I searched online for the prices and got them from used parts selling websites including (mainly) Amazon and EBay.

The Predator is my backup computer. I wouldn't have upgraded from it to my new one if the motherboard hadn't burned due to wrong overclocking. That was like two years ago, until I finally decided to build it with the remaining unused-in-my-new-computer parts with some other leftover parts when I finally found a supporting motherboard. Lucky me this mobo is awesome. It can play new games very well. Even Doom plays like a champ on med-high settings at good frame rates.

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

Brickish Brat
Staff member
Premium Member
They sound reasonable, but you need to include the amount of RAM in gigabytes for the second system. I think that at Walmart you could buy the first system with a warranty for about 180$. They sell used systems here. Also for the first system you should say why it has no fans. If you use the term 'Fanless' it implies that it doesn't need fans and runs silent. That should boost the value a little.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Oops, sorry, the Predator has 8GB RAM.

The first rig only has the CPU fan with a double sized stock heat sink. It's only at stock speed 2.4Ghz so the stock quiet fan is so good alone without case fans to circulate air. The video card is a silent entry class that does not require or need active cooling either with a built-in fan or a case fan. The system is pretty much silent alright.

$180 is a nice price for the first system. If I'm not mistaken, you included a commercial OS with it. My systems above are without OS's, and I'd put a trial Windows 10 the day I sell it since it is allowed now. It can be activated/purchased later.

Jumi

The prices sound reasonable to me, it should depend on what kind of price level you have there though and is there a market for used computers? Anyway good luck. :)

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
The prices sound reasonable to me, it should depend on what kind of price level you have there though and is there a market for used computers? Anyway good luck. :)
Agreed. Personally, I'd never even consider buying a used computer regardless of the price. That said, you don't want to make the prices TOO low as that implies it is complete junk. I'd add 20-50% to the prices while fully anticipating the time honored tradition of dickering on the price with a prospective purchaser. Always ask more than you want, so that you have room to move and still look like a hero. :)

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
If I'm to sell them, it's to free space while getting something out of it, so the minimum price I could think of is fine with me. As long as I don't feel I'm throwing them away with less than they deserve, that is. Selling channels available for me are local online biddings only and those prices are starting points and higher bidders get them. Not that I'm seeking profit tho. Two out of five computers I restored (including these two) found new homes already (with family members) so I didn't go thru the trouble selling them. All others could have the same fate.

I too wouldn't buy used computers, with the exception of some used parts to restore a lacking computer that's collecting dust. Last week I bought a used CPU fan for an outdated leftover CPU.