• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you think animals and humans end up together in the afterlife?

2ndpillar

2 Kings 2:11.Ecclesiastes 3:21.Ecclesiastes 12:7.2 Corinthians 5:6-9.

I got all this from this website:

BibleGateway.com: A searchable online Bible in over 150 versions and 50 languages.

2 Kings 2:11
King James Version

11 And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

Ecclesiastes 3:21
King James Version

21 Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

Ecclesiastes 12:7
King James Version

7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

In 2 Kings 2:11.It looks like were are dealing with the spirit of animals.And in Ecclesiastes 3:21.The person writing Ecclesiastes 3:21.Is asking were the spirit of humans and animals go at death.And in Ecclesiastes 12:7 it answers that question.I think this answers if animals and humans end up together in the afterlife:

2 Corinthians 5:6-9
King James Version

6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:

7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.

It depends on what time frame you are inquiring about. During the millennium, you will have the righteous rise from the dead, their afterlife, and many of the non-righteous living into the millennium until they die at over 100 years of age (Isaiah 65:20). At that time many of the animals will live through Har-Magedon with the righteous and non-righteous.

There is no indication animals have souls according to scripture. Its almost like asking if animals would get judged by God after death. Its like asking if animals have moral conscience and the ability to leartn and be trained and have creative ability. While this is true in part as there are incidences, its not entirely true.

muhammad_isa

There is no indication animals have souls according to scripture..
..actually there is, according to the Qur'an.
Animals in Islam - Wikipedia

..Its almost like asking if animals would get judged by God after death..
No. They are all given their natures and worship God, in as much as they are not accountable. Neither are angels.

..and Lucifer/satan is not an angel .. he is a demon/jinn .. spirit creature.
jinn are accountable, as they have free-will i.e. independent mind like ourselves

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
There is no indication animals have souls according to scripture. Its almost like asking if animals would get judged by God after death.
I don't think that animals have souls but I think they have a spirit. According to my beliefs, a human spirit is the same as a soul. Animals have a spirit, but it is not like a human soul.

“The human spirit which distinguishes man from the animal is the rational soul, and these two names—the human spirit and the rational soul—designate one thing. This spirit, which in the terminology of the philosophers is the rational soul, embraces all beings, and as far as human ability permits discovers the realities of things and becomes cognizant of their peculiarities and effects, and of the qualities and properties of beings”
Some Answered Questions, p. 208