• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Know What This Is?

Ringer

Jar of Clay
I've done some research and have been getting multiple answers so I figured I would try my luck with my fellow RFers.

Last winter was the first time I started experiencing painful sores that seemed to be in my nose. They get so bad that the tip of my nose turns red and it hurts just to even touch it. Well, the weather is turning cold again and it looks like I have my first (and hopefully last) sore in my nose again. It usually runs its course within a few days but it's still a few days of pain that I'd like to avoid. Eventually, it probably crusts up enough inside there and if I blow my nose it will fall out. Considering that this happens in the winter, I'm thinking it could be caused by the cold, dry weather. I purchases a saline spray that I can use to moisturize my nasal passages so we'll see how that works in the future.

I also had MRSA this last summer which is basically a staph infection. Many people have staph virus in their nose but it typically only affects those with a weakened immune system. The doctor gave me a topical ointment that I put up my nose a few times a day for 5 days to kill anything up there that shouldn't be there. I started usinig that again last night to see if this takes care of my painful nose issue. This may not be wise but I wanted to give it a go.

Do any of you know what I'm talking about or have experience with this? Do you think it can be some sort of pimple in the nose if that is even possible? Maybe you don't know what it is but if you have some kind of suggestion on easing the pain or getting rid of the thing would be great as well. I'd also be happy to elaborate any further if needed. Why I started getting these sores last winter and no other time before, I have no idea. All I know is that my winters would be more enjoyable without looking like Rudolph.

Circle_One

Don't know what it is, but a good pain reliever AND moisturizer is the leaf of the aloe plant. Get yourself a plant, take off one of the leaves, cut it open and apply the gel inside to the painful area.

(Side note, aloe also helps with fading scars and wrinkles).

Ringer

Jar of Clay
Well, I'll take the advice of both of you. I did that saline spray stuff as well as put some anti-viral cream in my nose which also acts as a moisturizer. My nose is considerably better today and the redness is down. Now I just need to take prevantative measures throughout the winter or at least find out what causes these issues and I'm good to go. Thanks for the replies.