• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you have roomates?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
As of exactly a week ago I no longer have roomates.

Do you? Do they ever tick you off or eat your food? Do you guys have a mini council to decide who does what chores?

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
I have roommates yes, and of course we do things to irritate one another from time to time. It happens. My roommates are not the cleanest people around, but I suppose it could be said that doesn't excuse my letting the house get cluttered. On a more positive side of it- my roommate is Buddhist, so we practice together.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I have roommates yes, and of course we do things to irritate one another from time to time. It happens. My roommates are not the cleanest people around, but I suppose it could be said that doesn't excuse my letting the house get cluttered. On a more positive side of it- my roommate is Buddhist, so we practice together.
Do you pray to any spirit or Deity?

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
Do you pray to any spirit or Deity?

Yes we do. We venerate the Buddhas, Bodhisattvas, and my various deities. My roommate is not overtly theistic in his Buddhism, though he doesn't deny deities exist as a traditionalist Vajrayana. I am more theistic because I come from a polytheistic past into Buddhism and mythology has always drawn me.

My patron deity is Apollo, funnily enough. Though if I had to say a Deva within the Indian pantheon was my patron- that would be Indra. Whom it so happens is Apollo's father.

Apollo has no known Vedic equivalent, unless it's Surya, who is usually seen as Helios. The Greeks and Indians did have some deities exclusive to their pantheons between them.

Lord Brahma is also an important Deva for me. I have love and some tenderness for Lord Brahma. In traditional Buddhist cosmology, Lord Brahma is important. He is said to have taken refuge under one of the Buddhas of antiquity before Shakyamuni- so he looked after the Buddha his entire life.

Last edited:

Grandliseur

As of exactly a week ago I no longer have roomates.

Do you? Do they ever tick you off or eat your food? Do you guys have a mini council to decide who does what chores?
My neighbor has a dog whom they named Alone. I have become its twin brother it seems. So, I am Alone-too, or two.

What happened to your nice girlfriend?!

Duke_Leto

I have one. He's mostly fine; my only real grievance with him is that he sets his alarm to repeat every ten minutes for an hour before he finally gets up. Other than that, I seem to take the trash out disproportionately much compared to the amount I produce relative to him.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Except for half a semester in college, I have never had a roommate I wasn't romantically involved with as an adult.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
My neighbor has a dog whom they named Alone. I have become its twin brother it seems. So, I am Alone-too, or two.

What happened to your nice girlfriend?!
She wasn't my girlfriend... Just a very dear friend. I moved out of my last place but we will continue staying in touch.