• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you have a lawyer?

Do you have a personal lawyer?

• Yes

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Not at the current time

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I used to have one

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please post it!)

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • No

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters

evearael

Do any of you have a lawyer that is personally your lawyer? If so, why? I have a lawyer that I can consult with free of charge, but would only represent me in very limited circumstances.

Have any of you ever hired a lawyer? What kind (if you feel comfortable telling us) and why?
I have hired a lawyer before. It was after I was in a massive car accident about a year back. My father, my daughter and myself were rear ended by a dump truck and went flying across oncoming traffic and across several heavily wooded lots. It was a miracle we didn't hit a tree. It was a miracle we didn't hit the telephone pole a quarter centimeter to my right. The truck never stopped. He was driving on a suspended license. Even though the guy was clearly at fault, and even did jail time for it, the insurance company was still being difficult. I am grateful we had a good lawyer to deal with them.

What is your experience with lawyers in general?
Quite good. I used to work for a law firm in accounting and most of the lawyers there were wonderful people and great lawyers. The lawyer I hired after the accident was professional and compassionate. The lawyer who drew up our will was also awesome. I've met a few lawyers who are sleazy, but I stay away from them so I haven't had any terribly negative experiences as a result.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Mike182 said:
*poll edited to add a "no" option* :)

Unfortunately, I have had to be involved with solicitors over the last few years on quite a few occasions - firstly when we bought the house in which we now live, then to have wills made (We had never bothered before), and then on the death of both my Mother and father.........those guys charge £100/hour (that's $200)

mostly harmless

Endlessly amused
I have just hired my first lawyer ever. When I divorced my ex, he had a lawyer and I rep'd myself.

Now I need on to help me wade through all the disablitiy B.S.

kadzbiz

There's an old joke:

Q. What do you call it when 100 laywers jump off a cliff?

A. A good start.

gmelrod

Resident Heritic
I have a man who represents me when I need it. Which fortunetly is not often. I first used him when my high school pricipal tried to expel me because she thought I was going to blow up the school (I wasn't). It seem like a small group of lawyers have ruined the reputation of the rest of them. Kind of like Christians.