• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you believe in Noetics?

science_is_my_god

Philosophical Monist
Yes I do. Although it is an extremely rare phenomenon. If you believe in evolution, there are those that speculate that language was derived from an evolutionary step when many of us lost our ability to telepathically communicate. I suppose it does sound a bit far fetched, and in truth I am a bit torn, but I guess I should reiterate: I think Noetics CAN exist, but only under the right conditions.

rocketboy

I think the correct answer is: not yet.
One day, biotechnology will allow us to do these things.
Telepathy is just radio, with an interface to the brain.
It is also possible that these things have evolved as natural abilities in some lifeforms.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Yes I do. Although it is an extremely rare phenomenon. If you believe in evolution, there are those that speculate that language was derived from an evolutionary step when many of us lost our ability to telepathically communicate. I suppose it does sound a bit far fetched, and in truth I am a bit torn, but I guess I should reiterate: I think Noetics CAN exist, but only under the right conditions.

So brains can develop the ability to send and receive waves over a distance between other brains?

The Wizard

I can't discard some of it. Before language I bet we were still quite intelligent. I'm sure we communicated in ways that exceed just smelling each other and grunting, but just my opinion.

outhouse

Atheistically
I call it natural gut instinct, it was a evolutionary trait to ensure survival.

when someone can explain where the power with dowsing comes from ill listen to whatever else you have to say. I have felt the power first hand and done it proffessionally for about a decade and I cannot explain it.

The Wizard

I call it natural gut instinct, it was a evolutionary trait to ensure survival.

when someone can explain where the power with dowsing comes from ill listen to whatever else you have to say. I have felt the power first hand and done it proffessionally for about a decade and I cannot explain it.
Dowsing can be hit or miss, but.. it also can surprise a person if done right. I was just mentioning a water witch and their willow branch divining rod today, who did the well I use and yet no one can explain it.. imo.

outhouse

Atheistically
Dowsing can be hit or miss

86% here are the stats for the best.

One company gave it half a attempt and still got about the same results.

No drilling company here would go out without a witch and say well drill here.

The company I used uses aerial pics using geographic highlights in tough areas and find a good spot and use a magnometer and then witching combined.

we went out once without witching and drilled 7 dry holes, the geologist was PO'd and made us swear we wouldnt tell anyone and he popped out sticks and picked a spot and we did hit our first water

MissAlice

Although I'm a skeptic I would love to know more on this subject. My great grandmother was always great at reading people and always knew what they were up to. Many people in my family claimed she was psychic. I remember when I was little she came over and told me not to be upset and that my cat was upstairs. This happened a lot without my telling her. It was like she could read my mind instantly without asking. People hated to be around her because she always knew what everyone was up to. I'm sure there's an explanation but it is interesting how some people have these talents when it comes to reading people.