• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do we really follow Christ?

LUKAS

It is a special message to all the christians who support/ed the war on Iraq. I just wanted to know how a Christian can agree on waging war. Isn't it opposed to what Jesus said, didn't He said: love your enemy? how can some christians defend a terrible idea like war? aren't we called to represent God and Jesus on earth?
Please, I need someone to answer my question because that war on Iraq-stuff really puzzled me. I repeat, I can't understand how a so-called christian defend that atrocity. we all know well innocent people die in wars.

thanks a lot
LUKAS

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
AMen Lukas... Christians are supposed to live in peace and pray that the authorities would accomodate that.

It is my humble opinion that ALL Christians should oppose ALL wars.

Should we serve in them? As our country requires this, yes. But our politics should be to oppose all wars.

A

angellous_evangellous

NetDoc said:
AMen Lukas... Christians are supposed to live in peace and pray that the authorities would accomodate that.

It is my humble opinion that ALL Christians should oppose ALL wars.

Should we serve in them? As our country requires this, yes. But our politics should be to oppose all wars.
I am not opposed to fighting for freedom, both for myself and for others. WWII was completely needed - some people needed to be killed to stop the spread of the Nazis and their ruthless ambition. Sadaam was a brutal killer - he killed much more of his own people than we did through collataral damage. At least now Iraq has the promise for a future with freedom.

However, I think that the philosophy of pre-imptive war was flawed from the beginning, and Iraq is the perfect test-case. Our intelligence is not conducive to a pre-imptive attack, and it could bite us in the *** 10000x stronger if we do it elsewhere. We are going to need allies, and they are going to be less willing to help if we continue to alineate them.

Dr. Khan

LUKAS said:
It is a special message to all the christians who support/ed the war on Iraq. I just wanted to know how a Christian can agree on waging war. Isn't it opposed to what Jesus said, didn't He said: love your enemy? how can some christians defend a terrible idea like war? aren't we called to represent God and Jesus on earth?
Please, I need someone to answer my question because that war on Iraq-stuff really puzzled me. I repeat, I can't understand how a so-called christian defend that atrocity. we all know well innocent people die in wars.

thanks a lot
LUKAS
Hello Lukas, I found out just months before Sept 11th that in the book of revelation as I have come to understsnd it that the image of the beast is war.

I realized this when I learned that the beasts in Revelation 13 are the same. The Roman Empire and the Holy Roman Empire. And the one thing that these two kingdoms have besides the cross is the ability to wage war continously. Also the ability of the beast to make fire to come down from heaven inthe sight of men I believe is the invention of gun powder. If the image of the beast in revelation is war then you must accept the notion that Jesus is absolutely opposed and Judges it after the manner written in the book.

Revelation 14:9-14

The mark of the beast would therefore be the sign of the cross. We have seen some today who still apply that mark as it is written.

Babylon is fallen is fallen.

Revelation18

Dr. Khan

"For by wise counsel thou shalt make thy war."This I advice I received from heaven, and the instant I received received it I knew that it was not to shed blood. But If God did give me wisdom I would certainly have the advantage over all my enemies, since and since this advantage is given to me I should accept it. It is the wise counsel that is given to me. It is an arrow and it does pierce the heart, it is meant to because I understand that the words spoken into the world are the compelling force by which it runs; and I happen to know that the words that are preached by inspiration have more power and effect in the world. Therefore my words and my wisdom shall surely rule in the hearts of the people, because they come from God. They are hidden in my bosom and I speak them everyday. They are the light by which I live and they are with me and in me forever. I did not pick and choose words for myself to rule by but freely accepted them in tribulation and suffering so that I might give them to the world. I make war in the world and with the enemies of God in Christ Jesus by the wisdom which he has given me.

I ate em up the words of the Lord exactly as It was given and I was glad. Jeremiah says in one place "Thy words were found and I did eat them and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of my heart."

Now the Holy Spirit spake to me certain scriptures to me in those times to refresh me knowing that I would keep those words forever, and so I do because Jesus said heaven and earth shall pass away but not my words. So I keep those words in rememberance knowing that they are the most important words in the world to God being they are his own.

They are promises and they give us the divine nature, giving us the ability to escape the corruption that is in the world through lust.

These promises are also laws and they enable us to fulfill the law with out the law itself. We become the law in righteousness; our righteousness is the product of the seed of Abraham which we are in Christ.

It is my righteousness in the world that makes me even as Jesus hated by the world!!! for this thing some people will kill. Like Osama bee Ladin.

Since Tora Bora I have slept on the floor antisipating the end of the war when they should have killed him then. The war was fun back then. lol

Prima

I think everyone agrees that war is horrible. Everyone knows that peace is better. But it's the lesser of two evils: allow horrible things to happen for even longer, or end it quickly and hope that you save lives?

Jesus said love your enemy - but he never said 'allow your enemy to continue to harm others'

Your love towards someone - even if you're striving towards that ideal - shouldn't let you condone that person's evil.
we all know well innocent people die in wars.
Really? More than died at the hands of Saddam? The majority of those who have died have been soldiers, who agreed to give up their life if need be. This war has been about as safe for citizens as war can be. (note that sucide bombers are not always part of the war)

You're using some of the same rationalizing that went on before we entered WWII. We lost lives in the war - we saved many more.

I'm not saying war is good. But it's the lesser of two evils.

Dr. Khan

Jensa said:
Is sickening arrogance a reportable offense? :rolleyes:
You could put such arrogant people in a pit such as was jeremiah, Joseph, Abel. There's a long line of arrogant people; John the baptist, Stephen, Paul and the such like not to speak of those arragant romans who surrendered to jesus and would not turn back, so am I.

By the way, whoever you are, I love you.

john313

warrior-poet
Dr. Khan said:
You could put such arrogant people in a pit such as was jeremiah, Joseph, Abel. There's a long line of arrogant people; John the baptist, Stephen, Paul and the such like not to speak of those arragant romans who surrendered to jesus and would not turn back, so am I.

By the way, whoever you are, I love you.
i would not want to be the one to call great prophets arrogant. there is a difference between confidence and arrogance. and Stephen=James the Just, brother of Jesus, zealot for the law, the one "christians" were supposed to follow after Jesus was gone.
those Romans did not surrender to Jesus, they followed the teachings of Paul, another Roman, who was proud of his boasting and who called James and his followers(true christians) weak.