• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Disunity...

WHat is up??? We hinuds hate eack other, we tryna kill eahco ther soon. ALso i noticed so many swaminarayan threads, nothing bad, im baps swaminarayan myself bt calm down on them, quality is better then quantity.

Ok, can i have some frubals for that now?

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
WHat is up??? We hinuds hate eack other, we tryna kill eahco ther soon. ALso i noticed so many swaminarayan threads, nothing bad, im baps swaminarayan myself bt calm down on them, quality is better then quantity.

Ok, can i have some frubals for that now?

I don't hate any Hindus (I don't think so :D ) and I'm not trying to kill any of them...although sometimes it's tempting! Just joking! :p

Hindus should support each other instead of trying to show off on each other and try to prove one is better than the other. Our teachings say that we are all Atman or Spirit. The Atman is always equal. :)

mahesh

The thing is i dont think their should be any compromises in a faith. Now for those who bend truth so that it fits them.. truth is that someone will most defo revolt. I know i would. Why shouldnt i? If they insult my beloved Lord. i wouldnt stand for that. no chance.

Would you if someone slapped your father in the face for example? LOl its the same for me. Otherwise its all peace. Its just that moment when that finger is lifted.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
The thing is i dont think their should be any compromises in a faith. Now for those who bend truth so that it fits them.. truth is that someone will most defo revolt. I know i would. Why shouldnt i? If they insult my beloved Lord. i wouldnt stand for that. no chance.

Would you if someone slapped your father in the face for example? LOl its the same for me. Otherwise its all peace. Its just that moment when that finger is lifted.

Yes, we should live with love but stand up in self defense when we have to. :yes:

In the Holy Ramayan, Shri Ram tried to send a messenger Angad to Ravan asking him peacefully to return Mother Sita. When Ravan wouldn't budge, Shri Ram had to fight for his beloved Sita.

mahesh

^^^ Greatly put!!! I tottally agree. I dont just stand still when someone points fingers at My Aradhya Bhagwan or any of His Incarnations.

Ram Bhagwan was Maryada Purshottam. We should all learn from what He taught.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
That is exactly why I am posting against Swaminarayana. In recent days we have had a flood of Bhagawans. Swaminarayana, Puttaparthy Sai, Shirdi Sai, Bal Yogeshwar, the newest one is the son of God-man Asa Ram. Bal Yogeshwar's son has already been declared a Bhagawan. The Brahmakuraris have their own Bhagawan. There are many others that I may not know of. We have prostituted the word 'Bhagawan'. This does nothing else but weaken Hinduism. It is the bounden duty of all hindus shoud fight against this. My favourist line is 'Guru ko maro goli'.

That is exactly why I am posting against Swaminarayana. In recent days we have had a flood of Bhagawans. Swaminarayana, Puttaparthy Sai, Shirdi Sai, Bal Yogeshwar, the newest one is the son of God-man Asa Ram. Bal Yogeshwar's son has already been declared a Bhagawan. The Brahmakuraris have their own Bhagawan. There are many others that I may not know of. We have prostituted the word 'Bhagawan'. This does nothing else but weaken Hinduism. It is the bounden duty of all hindus shoud fight against this. My favourist line is 'Guru ko maro goli'.

Hindusim is unique due to the fact that god can be whoever they want want it to be! Doesent mean they are 'new' gods, its just looking at god from a different angle. And also in the time of Krishna Bhagwan, they probably though he was a joke, you do the same now but ait a few thousand years then no-one would dream saying what you said. And also, there is no a on the end of swaminarayan, if you want to put an a dont post the word swaminarayan at all.

mahesh

I knopw what you are saying yeah. Trust me when i say this. But the thing is that Swaminarayan was Bhagwan. Im saying this after learning about Him, His works etc. I wasnt born into this sect nor was converted into it. I wasnt hypnotised nor am i blindly following it. i follow it as i know that Bhagwna Swaminarayan is Bhagwan. i Mean what more can i say to you? Other than maybe learn about him.

Yada yada hi dharmasya
Glanir bhavati bharata
Abhyutthanam adharmasya
Tadatmanam srjamy aham
~ Bhagavad Gita (Chapter IV-7)

Whenever and wherever there is a decline in religious practice, O descendant of Bharata, and a predominant rise of irreligion--at that time I descend Myself

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Whenever and wherever there is a decline in religious practice, O descendant of Bharata, and a predominant rise of irreligion--at that time I descend Myself
If Swami Sahajananda was Parabrahma, his coming has proved utterly useless. He is a failed Messiah. India is even more corrupt that it was in his time, and his descendants and devotees have proved themselves to be no less corrupt. I did not know that Prarabrahma is that powerless!!

Hema

Sweet n Spicy

But don't you say that everyone is Brahman?

Swami Vivekananda said that we are all potentially Divine only to awaken the Divinity within.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
But don't you say that everyone is Brahman?
I have already agreed that every thing is Brahman, Swami Sahajananda as well as the dog in the street or a stone. But, according to 'Advaita', one cannot be Brahman in exclusion to others. Even Hitler and Yahya Khan were none other than Brahman, only that they were heavily embroiled in Maya.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Ok then, what about in Krishna dev's time, eveerything is still corrupt and greedy!!Your arguments are useless!!
For hindus in general: This is another yuga and Kali is here according to divine plans. His time will be up only when the next avatara comes at the end of the yuga.

For me: Krishna was not a person, he is the wisdom of India (perhaps by now you know that I do not believe in existence of a personal God).

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If someone chooses to invest a graven image, a cow or a stone with divinity that's their affair. What someone else feels most comfortable with as a symbol of Divinity in no way encumbers my own spiritual path. We need to cut each other some slack.

We are all deluded by maya. We are all spiritually obtunded. Not everyone who is physically ill benefits from the same medical treatment. Not everyone who is spiritually disabled will respond to the same formula either.

Worship who and how you will, but don't seek to force others onto your path. What is appropriate for you is not appropriate for everyone. Respect and honor your neighbor's path. If possible, assist him on his journey. Ultimately, he is you.

For hindus in general: This is another yuga and Kali is here according to divine plans. His time will be up only when the next avatara comes at the end of the yuga.

For me: Krishna was not a person, he is the wisdom of India (perhaps by now you know that I do not believe in existence of a personal God).

Ok..Um, that made no sesnse

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
In recent days we have had a flood of Bhagawans.

In light of your new post then,

I have already agreed that every thing is Brahman, Swami Sahajananda as well as the dog in the street or a stone. But, according to 'Advaita', one cannot be Brahman in exclusion to others. Even Hitler and Yahya Khan were none other than Brahman, only that they were heavily embroiled in Maya.

I would say that we are all Bhagwan. :D There is no flooding if there is only one Bhagwan.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Worship who and how you will, but don't seek to force others onto your path. What is appropriate for you is not appropriate for everyone. Respect and honor your neighbor's path. If possible, assist him on his journey. Ultimately, he is you.

I totally agree. :yes:

mahesh

If Swami Sahajananda was Parabrahma, his coming has proved utterly useless. He is a failed Messiah. India is even more corrupt that it was in his time, and his descendants and devotees have proved themselves to be no less corrupt. I did not know that Prarabrahma is that powerless!!

LOl dont you believe in Brahman as everything? So what difference does it make to you? As we know what Swaminarayan Bhagwan did. HE established Ekantik Dharm. Ghyan, bhakti dharm and vairagya. So how can He be futile? LOl you would need to reasearch into His works to judge. But from what you judge of Him, such drivel, it can be clearly concluded that you have done no such thing.

mahesh

Even Hitler and Yahya Khan were none other than Brahman, only that they were heavily embroiled in Maya.

HAha. Just by you agreeing to somthing doesnt make it true, as you are imperfect yourself. But according to you there will be no such thing as perfect for there is no karma. As if there was all cannot be Brahman.

If all is Brahman then where does the Maya you talk of come from and How does it affect the all powerfull Brahman. As you state that Hitler too is Brahman but just embroiled hevily in Maya. For if it does affect Brahman that makes two entities. Not just that but the reaction between the two makes Karma. So how is this possible?

Also if there is Maya how is it created according to your belief system? Also is the Maya you talk of an eternal entity? What is its nature and its attributes? WHat purpose deos it serve?

We want to hear this from your point of view as we already have the answers hence just intrested.