• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Discussion of Strenth of the Power vs Comprehend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
This debate is going to be a really interesting one, provided Comprehend is a big enough sucker to agree to SotP's terms, which are:

StrengthofthePower said:
Use only the bible 1611 King James Version. Outside sources off limits.

Prove to me:

1. The Book of Mormon is the word of God.
2. Since mormon's consider themselves part of the children of Israel. How do you fit into the nation of Israel?
3. Since I know you had a patriarchal blessing and you were assigned a tribe. How, if they do, do the Prophecies Deuteronomy the 28th chapter apply to you. Since these were the blessings and cursings that would befall the children of Israel if the obeyed or disobeyed the Lord?

The Bible can't even prove itself to be the word of God! How ludicrous can you get, expecting it to be able to prove the Book of Mormon to be the word of God? That's like asking someone to use a 9th grade biology textbook to prove the additional material found in his big brother's college biology textbook. :biglaugh:

On the other hand, if the Book of Mormon was not the word of God, it should be no problem whatsoever for SofP to prove that, using the Bible only.

SofP says he is waiting for Comprehend to make him look silly. I'd say he needs no help!

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
OK, I found it. He didn't challenge me over anything we had actually talked about, I guess he just wanted a debate he could win.

Anyway, thanks Katzpur for your faith in me. I am a sucker but not quite that bad. :)

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
Someone needs to enforce a distinction between a one-on-one debate forum and a sandbox.

well, he just came up with the whole topic all by himself. I would like to discuss terms and topic bofore debating. Anyway, I hadn't claimed I could do any of those things. Since he didn't challenge me to the debate in another thread, I had nowhere to discuss the debate with him but in the thread.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
well, he just came up with the whole topic all by himself. I would like to discuss terms and topic bofore debating. Anyway, I hadn't claimed I could do any of those things. Since he didn't challenge me to the debate in another thread, I had nowhere to discuss the debate with him but in the thread.

the normal etiquette for a one-on-one debate thread is for both parties to discuss and agree to the debate before hand... if you are not happy with the debate thread, the mods will happily dispose of it :)

Bishka

Veteran Member
Personally, I thought it was quite interesting with what SOTP came up with. Asking someone to debate in the position SOTP is a bit childish though. We will see how it all pans out though. :)

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
the normal etiquette for a one-on-one debate thread is for both parties to discuss and agree to the debate before hand... if you are not happy with the debate thread, the mods will happily dispose of it :)

sounds good to me. I don't mind debating but to quote the Mad Hatter, "Let's not be silly."

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
Personally, I thought it was quite interesting with what SOTP came up with. Asking someone to debate in the position SOTP is a bit childish though. We will see how it all pans out though. :)

How would you imagine it to be possible to prove the Book of Mormon is true? (or the bible for that matter).

I guess it could be interesting but it would be impossible to prove. Also the second and third points were more questions than objectively verifyable premises. (he wanted my opinion).

Mike182

Flaming Queer
sounds good to me. I don't mind debating but to quote the Mad Hatter, "Let's not be silly."

'tis true... the one-on-one debate thread is trashed, so this discussion thread might as well be closed as well.

move along folks, there's nothing to see here ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.