• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

discussion of iti ojs and peggs human origin thread

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
http://www.religiousforums.com/foru...97-iti-oj-peggs-discussion-human-origins.html all relevant posts from the moved thread thanks to those who read the 1v1 and responded relevantly
fantôme profane;2864713 said:
I hope this is an appropriate place to make this post.

Facial reconstructions based on skull bones is a highly developed science and has proven to be remarkably accurate. Muscles leave marks on the bones, and by examining these marks on the skull the facial musculature can be reconstructed. Data concerning gender and age, as well as certain racial characteristics can also be gleaned by examining the size and shape of the skull. This along with knowledge of facial anatomy and skin thickness allows forensic experts to reconstruct the face. Police departments often use these kind of techniques to identify remains, and as I said it has proven remarkably accurate. The only thing that can't be determined in this way is hairstyles, but aside from that these reconstructions should be considered very accurate.
thank you friend. You know i had original thought that was how it was done something about mummy faces or something but i allowed a freind to convince me otherwise.
so its about muscle marks? did the two thing i implied apply at all?

fantôme profane;2864824 said:
What you said was essentially correct, but I felt Pegg deserved a more thorough answer. ;)

would you happen to have a source i could show my friend?

Im sure very young sculls can be reconstructed in this way, but we are talking about fossil remains of partial skulls and isolated teeth. It is very rare that they will find a complete skull. and the other problem is that no one has ever seen extinct creatures, so when they do add facial features such as colouring and hair, its based on the apes that they have seen, not on the extinct apes they have never seen.

Elephants mourn their dead... so humans are not the only animals that display a "spiritual" side.

They can't build graves, but they do ritually interact with the dead and some have been known to carry mementos of dearly departed family members around with them for extended periods of time.

wa:do

Last edited: