• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Discussing the new disapora

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Sugar took Sanatana Dharma to Fiji, South Africa, Mauritius, Trinidad, Guyana, elsewhere in Caribbean. That 'migration' had lasting effects on all these places.

The new diaspora is one of technology, decrease in racism leading to relaxed immigration, brains, and a few other factors. As a consequence, Hinduism is the fastest growing minority faith in a lot of western countries, including a lot of Europe, Australia, US, and Canada. A recent count had over 800 Hindu temples in the US alone, just in the last 50 or less years. Smaller cities of 50 000 people or so get them. Larger cities will have several.

What do you think will be some long term impacts?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Wherever allowed, Hindus would bring prosperity to the nations where they are and live peacefully. :)
(I know you wanted to discuss the religious aspect)

Last edited:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Wherever allowed, Hindus would bring prosperity to the nations where they are and live peacefully. :)
(I know you wanted the religious aspect to be discussed)
No, Aup, anything at all can be discussed. For example, Indian culture is spreading out to smaller places. I was in a town of 15 000 the other day, and it had an Indian restaurant. (Decent place to eat too, as we went.) At the supermarket we saw maybe 20 Indian people. Just 15 years back it probably would have been none. (Here in my city it might be 100) Small towns that need doctors, engineers, or just people looking to go into a business, set up there. The consequence is greater visibility of Indian minorities, and increased tolerance, just due to that. My former community, a totally white, often subtly racist group, is changing. It's a good thing.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
And we have a host of Indian origin people trying for Congressional seats in US and some trying even for Presidentship.
Nicky Haley, Tulsi Gabbard, Kamla Harris.