• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Differentiation between the light and the dark?

2ndpillar

Light:
Light Waves Light is an electromagnetic wave. - ppt download

Until people learn what light is, the abuse of the term continues.
Light acts both as a wave and a particle (photon). Apparently not understood by the many. With respect to the bible, it is used both symbolically and physically.

2ndpillar

It's always "wrong" to "murder" because "murder" only applies to wrongful killings.
Your problem is that you subjectively decide what a "wrongful killing" is. What is a wrongful killing to one on the left, living in darkness, is not the same to one living on the right, who would align with the light. But in the end, as one does to another, so shall be done to them. It is best to be on the right side illuminated with light. Whichever side one chooses, the consequences will follow them.

F1fan

Veteran Member
With respect to Job, Satan was associated as being a son of God. As being a creation of God, with respect to having to fulfilling the law of opposition to create matter (universe). Rome's role and Caeser's role, along with his heirs (life after death in the form of Augustus Caesars), was foretold in Daniel 7:19-23.
And according to the Bible God is responssible for creating Satan and evil. So that is where the buck stops. The universe (Christians) need a better God. Let's note that liberal Christians do have a better God, via their more subtle interpretation of the Bible. Interesting how the Christian God always agrees with whichever believer you are talking to.

2ndpillar

I notice that the chief sin in your book seems to be the sin of disagreeing with you. My own view is that regardless of our religious beliefs or lack of them, we should try our best to do no harm and to treat others with decency, respect, inclusion and common sense.
The problem comes from your subjective ideas around "decency, respect, inclusion, and common sense. One with common sense could define a woman from a man. Common sense would exclude pedophiles from being among children, and murderers from being among the weak.

2ndpillar

And according to the Bible God is responssible for creating Satan and evil. So that is where the buck stops. The universe (Christians) need a better God. Let's note that liberal Christians do have a better God, via their more subtle interpretation of the Bible. Interesting how the Christian God always agrees with whichever believer you are talking to.
Your presumptions are built on a foundation of sand (Matthew 7:24-27). In general, "Christians" are built on the "message" of Paul, which is they are "saved" on the basis of faith, which is the false gospel of grace/lawlessness. As for the law of oppositions, such as for every force there has to be an opposite and equal force, sweet requires bitter, and light requires darkness, to show a differentiation. For the creation of matter, one needs competing forces, which means a requirement of evil is required for creation. As for Peter's contribution, he was simply set up to fulfill prophecy (Mt 5:17) which in this case, is the prophecy of Isaiah 22:15-25 & Hosea 3. The differentiation between Peter's church, the Roman Catholic church and Paul's, is that you have to believe both false prophets, but apply to the heir of Peter, he pope, or his comrades, for one's confession and forgiveness of sins, which in reality, is a nonstarter, with respect to the forgiveness of sins and their healing powers. On the other hand, the left's humanitarian god, Obama, cannot heal the left either. They will all die to their own iniquities (Jeremiah 31:30), and they will all carry the plagues associated with their beliefs and actions. (Revelation 18:4)

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
You have apparently not read what I have written with respect to the "Christians" being under the influence of the false prophets, and therefore being numbered among the "wicked"/"lawless" as shown in Matthew 13:24-42. That would include the Muslims, etc. With respect to Martin Luther, his protestant church is simply a daughter of her mother church, the Roman church, which is the product of the "beast with two horns like a lamb", the Roman emperor (Caesar) Constantine. As for Judah, the Jews, and Israel, Ephraim, they are being torn apart by the LORD due to their crimes, exampled as a person moving a corner stone (Hosea 5 & 6), and they will not be revived until after 2 days (2000 years). Their revival is assured, but their refining fire is also assured (Malachi 3:3). It is the LORD who tears apart Judah, the Jews, and their Progressive/leftist leanings will have to be burned/refined out of them. It is the Progressive left who you will find in the streets persecuting the Jews, who have supported the Progressives, and holding aloft the killers Hamas. Put then again, it is Babylon, the Greeks, and the Romans who have been the medium of the LORD to tear Judah apart (Hosea 5:14). According to Daniel 2, all will be destroyed at one time, just before the kingdom is set up. The "verifiable evidence" is history and the current news cycle.

Hosea 5:11-15
11Ephraim is oppressed, crushed in judgment,
Because he was determined to follow man’s command.
12Therefore I am like a moth to Ephraim
And like rottenness to the house of Judah.

13When Ephraim saw his sickness,
And Judah his wound,
Then Ephraim went to Assyria
And sent to King Jareb.
But he is unable to heal you,
Or to cure you of your wound.

14For I will be like a lion to Ephraim
And like a young lion to the house of Judah.
I, even I, will tear to pieces and go away,
I will carry away, and there will be none to deliver.

15I will go away and return to My place
Until they acknowledge their guilt and seek My face;
In their affliction they will earnestly seek Me.
I have read your posts. You do explain your beliefs, with a rather radical interpretation of the Bible with your own version condemning everyone who does not believe as you do. Those Christians that disagree with you likewise condemn your interpretations

An interpretation of ancient scripture is not "verifiable evidence" is history and the current news cycle. Nothing can be objectively verified in terms of ancient scripture without provenance of authorship of origin of the text.

Last edited:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
No good reason to think it is impossible, if one understands it correctly.

To me greater thing and the reason to believe is that things go as told in the Bible.

It depends on what is the claim. There is no general answer for all claims.
The problem remains there is no coherent objective evidence for your outrageous claims that violate the basic laws of Physics.

Last edited:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Light acts both as a wave and a particle (photon). Apparently not understood by the many.

Yes not understood ny many that do not make the effort to understand basic physics,
With respect to the bible, it is used both symbolically and physically.
The Bible offers nothing concerning the "physics of light, which is by the way very well understood by science, and clueless by those like you that do not remotely understand the basic physics of science,

2ndpillar

The Bible offers nothing concerning the "physics of light, which is by the way very well understood by science, and clueless by those like you that do not remotely understand the basic physics of science,
Your initial wave theory of light only addressed half the characteristics of light. You had to be reminded that light has particle characteristics. As for "science", it changes daily. Now, your science about covid is being stood on its head. 'Global moratorium' for COVID shots? Mainstream science considering halt WHO has now said trans surgery has questionable favorable results. The Progressives and their "science" are taking big hits with every new data entry. Their science seems to be very subjective, whereas new data points with respect to the OT seem to be adding weight to its historical correctness.

2ndpillar

I have read your posts. You do explain your beliefs, with a rather radical interpretation of the Bible with your own version condemning everyone who does not believe as you do. Those Christians that disagree with you likewise condemn your interpretations
I gave the references, it is the "message" of the "son of man", Yeshua, who says the tares will be gathered first and burned. I am just the messenger of the messenger (Matthew 13:30). One twist its direct message to their own "destruction". Unlike your general "Christian", who thinks they are gathered "first", and "saved", it is the "tares", the lawless (Mt 13:38-42), who are gathered first and thrown into the furnace of fire. They follow the "false prophets" (Mt 7:12-15) to their own "destruction". You appear to want to help herd them in that direction. I don't think that line of direction will work out well.

Matthew 13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Your problem is that you subjectively decide what a "wrongful killing" is. What is a wrongful killing to one on the left, living in darkness, is not the same to one living on the right, who would align with the light. But in the end, as one does to another, so shall be done to them. It is best to be on the right side illuminated with light. Whichever side one chooses, the consequences will follow them.
Pay attention,, please. You chose the word "murder". I pointed out to you that in so doing you made sure the resultant deaths were "wrong".

And I pointed out that (a) as the law shows, the question of culpability when someone kills someone is more complex than you appear to be aware, and (b) the practices of God as reported in the bible are as barbaric as the times in which they were written down. For another instance, why was it necessary for God to send Jesus on a suicide mission ending in a particularly horrible death, when [he] could achieve anything [he] wanted with one snap of those omnipotent fingers?
The problem comes from your subjective ideas around "decency, respect, inclusion, and common sense. One with common sense could define a woman from a man. Common sense would exclude pedophiles from being among children, and murderers from being among the weak.
Paedophilia does harm, hence is excluded by my short statement. Murder likewise. Yes, breeding with two sexes occurred early in the evolution of complex life, and came to include mammals hence humans.

As for "subjective", we know from survey and experiment that humans have evolved certain moral tendencies which are found even in very small children. These are dislike of the one who harms, like of fairness and reciprocity, respect for authority, loyalty to the group, and a sense of self-worth through self-denial. These are appropriate for us as gregarious animals, and make possible the benefits of community and cooperation, although they simultaneously contain the potential for discord eg between dislike of harm and respect for authority. The rest of our morality is learnt behavior, how to encounter other people who are family, relative, friend, stranger, older, younger, same or opposite sex, above or below you in the social peck order, having authority as parent, teacher, doctor, police &c, how to dine together, belong to a team, how to excrete, and so on, all of which rules may vary from place to place.

Last edited:

...Do you reject what the Bible says about what to do to witches? Should they not be killed?
I think it is not good to be a witch. But, I want to be loyal to Jesus who says:

Don't judge, so that you won't be judged...
Matt. 7:1-2

Also, it could be said that Bible doesn't give the right for everyone to be judge anyway. It is interesting why some people identify as the judges in the OT time. For them, I think it would be good to remember all the rules that were given to the judges, for example:

Thus has Yahweh of Hosts spoken, saying, 'Execute true judg-ment, and show kindness and compassion every man to his brother.
Zech. 7:9
I charged your judges at that time, saying, Hear [the causes] be-tween your brothers, and judge righteously between a man and his brother, and the foreigner who is living with him. You shall not show partiality in judgment; you shall hear the small and the great alike; you shall not be afraid of the face of man; for the judgment is God's: and the cause that is too hard for you, you shall bring to me, and I will hear it.
Deut. 1:16-17
You shall not spread a false report. Don't join your hand with the wicked to be a malicious witness. You shall not follow a crowd to do evil; neither shall you testify in court to side with a multitude to pervert justice; neither shall you favor a poor man in his cause.
Exod. 23:1-3
At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he who is to die be put to death; at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death.
Deut. 17:6

It is interesting that all people seem to always cherry pick only the lines from the Bible that they like and ignore everything that could limit their evil desires.

So you disagree with the Christians executing witches in the 17th century? Were they morally correct and just doing God's will as they claimed?
Jesus said, don't judge. That is why I think it would have been better not to do so. And, if people judge, they should do it righteously, as told in the Bible, not just lynch anyone who one doesn't like.
So why do you think Christians think it is justified by reading the Bible?
I think that should be asked from them.
Christians defended slavery, the Southern Baptists. And they claimed they could own these people because of the Bible.
So they thought they are Jews?
They could also whip and rape slaves.
Would be interesting to know how they came up to that conclusion. I think it is for example against the "love your neighbor as yourself", and can't be defended with the Bible..
Do you think the Christians who committed the Holocaust are in heaven?
Bible tells eternal life is for righteous. I don't think murderers are righteous.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Matt. 25:46
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 6:23
…He who does righteousness is righteous, even as he is right-eous. He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. To this end the Son of God was revealed, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whoever is born of God doesn't commit sin, because his seed remains in him; and he can't sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are revealed, and the children of the devil. Whoever doesn't do righteousness is not of God, neither is he who doesn't love his brother.
1 John 3:7-10
They are saved by the sacrifice of Jesus, yes?
I believe it even murder can be forgiven. However, to get eternal life, one must be, or become righteous. I don't know did they become righteous after their evil actions.
And there you go with a poor education being a liability for you. It's a fact that mental illness exists.
Why do you believe so?
This is overly simplistic. Do you think a Christian is capable of being evil?
It depends on what "Christian" means. If it means a disciple of Jesus, as it originally was, then a Christian remains in word of Jesus. And if person does so, I don't think he wants to murder, or thinks it is right.

Jesus therefore said to those Jews who had believed him, “If you remain in my word, then you are truly my disciples. You will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”
John 8:31-32

But, I think Christian can reject Jesus and become evil. In that case I just don't think he can then anymore be called a Christian.
Or does belief in Jesus make a person clean even if they kill people?
At the moment I have no reason to think that belief in Jesus makes clean. And if a person believes what Jesus said, I don't think he murders.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I don't think any of my claims violates real laws of physics.

"I don't think?" That is the problem you don't think. Your reasoning as to the events of the Noah Flood are impossible based on simple high school physics.

Hint the very basic concept of energy relationships described in this reference may help you. What you proposed concerning the energy produced in the actions involved in the Flood of Noah would melt the earth to a cinder.

Last edited:

F1fan

Veteran Member
I think it is not good to be a witch.
What's wrong with it?

Notice you are judging witches. But then you write:
But, I want to be loyal to Jesus who says:

Don't judge, so that you won't be judged...
Matt. 7:1-2
So do you think it was wrong for Christians to put witches on trial and judge them guilty, and then tortured and executed?

You're judging witches, but how about your judgment of Christians who murdered these people?
Also, it could be said that Bible doesn't give the right for everyone to be judge anyway. It is interesting why some people identify as the judges in the OT time. For them, I think it would be good to remember all the rules that were given to the judges, for example:

Thus has Yahweh of Hosts spoken, saying, 'Execute true judg-ment, and show kindness and compassion every man to his brother.
Zech. 7:9
I charged your judges at that time, saying, Hear [the causes] be-tween your brothers, and judge righteously between a man and his brother, and the foreigner who is living with him. You shall not show partiality in judgment; you shall hear the small and the great alike; you shall not be afraid of the face of man; for the judgment is God's: and the cause that is too hard for you, you shall bring to me, and I will hear it.
Deut. 1:16-17
You shall not spread a false report. Don't join your hand with the wicked to be a malicious witness. You shall not follow a crowd to do evil; neither shall you testify in court to side with a multitude to pervert justice; neither shall you favor a poor man in his cause.
Exod. 23:1-3
At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he who is to die be put to death; at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death.
Deut. 17:6
Yet you don't seem to have a problem with judging others.
It is interesting that all people seem to always cherry pick only the lines from the Bible that they like and ignore everything that could limit their evil desires.
Funny how that happens.
Jesus said, don't judge. That is why I think it would have been better not to do so. And, if people judge, they should do it righteously, as told in the Bible, not just lynch anyone who one doesn't like.
Why would a believer listen to anyone if they believe the Bible gives them permission to do whatever they want, and that they are righteous in doing it?

What you say here is gving yourself an excuse to judge. If you tell yourself your judging is righteous, well then, you get away with it, regardless of what jesus said. If a believer doesn't have a good moral sense then they can do things like commit the Holocaust and still believe they are righteous and saved. Killing Jews is righteous. Owning slaves is righteous. This is the history of Christianity, and they all justified their actions by reading the Bible. Can you admit the Bible is not a reliable source for morality?

So they thought they are Jews?
No, they were Baptists and used the Old Testament just as you have in the post above.
Would be interesting to know how they came up to that conclusion. I think it is for example against the "love your neighbor as yourself", and can't be defended with the Bible..
Yet you think it's not good to be a witch, where did that unloving attitude come from?
Bible tells eternal life is for righteous. I don't think murderers are righteous.
What does it mean to be righteous? I don't think anyone would bother being a Christian if they didn;t think they were righteous and saved, yet so many Christians violate the basic teachings of Jesus. How did so many Christians believe they could get away with the Holocaust unless the religion itself is flawed in how it teaches believers? A few odd people here and there, sure, but a whole nation of Christians commit genocide in the 20th century?

Even you judge others despite what Jesus taught, so are you righteous? This thread is about light and dark, and as an atheist I see a lot of darkness in Christianity that they think is righteous.
I believe it even murder can be forgiven. However, to get eternal life, one must be, or become righteous. I don't know did they become righteous after their evil actions.
Sure, murder can be due to an emotional episode and the person not entirely responsible. But they are still guilty of their act and have to be punished. The bottom line is if a person is emotionally balanced and mature as they navigate social life. Being a Christian is no guarantee of this.
Why do you believe so?
Mental illness is a fact. I know this because my college education is psychology and the examinations of human behavior explains the many types of illness. It can be behavioral or chemical imbalances. Bipolar disorder is a chemical imbalance in the brain's chemistry and those who don't take medication can devolve into self-destructive behaviors. They can't just control how their brains work, they are dysfunctional unless they take medication that stabilizes the chemistry.

So you don't think mental illness exists. Why not? Your belief is contrary to observations, and that is why your lack of knowledge is a liability. If you refuse to look into the facts of matters, like evolution, then how can you have any opinion at all? That should be a sin itself since you are making judgments about the nature of reality, and dead wrong about it.
It depends on what "Christian" means. If it means a disciple of Jesus, as it originally was, then a Christian remains in word of Jesus. And if person does so, I don't think he wants to murder, or thinks it is right.
As we observe being a "Christian" can mean anything a person wants. It can be a person who feeds hungry people as a service to humanity, or it can be members of the KKK who harrass black people, and even kill them. Anything goes under Christianity.
But, I think Christian can reject Jesus and become evil. In that case I just don't think he can then anymore be called a Christian.
Where does the Bible teach how to avoid this? Seems most Christians fall short and don't work to improve their state. Look how many on this forum reject and ignore science. Is that righteous?
At the moment I have no reason to think that belief in Jesus makes clean. And if a person believes what Jesus said, I don't think he murders.
I will agree with that. But where in the Bible does it offer a path and set of lessons how to be a better person? I don't see it.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Your initial wave theory of light only addressed half the characteristics of light. You had to be reminded that light has particle characteristics.
You did not remind me of anything concerning the physics of light. It is nothing to do with your ancient tribal beliefs stereotyping those who do not believe as you do in terms of a mythical ancient vie of light and dark
As for "science", it changes daily. Now, your science about covid is being stood on its head. 'Global moratorium' for COVID shots? Mainstream science considering halt WHO has now said trans surgery has questionable favorable results. The Progressives and their "science" are taking big hits with every new data entry. Their science seems to be very subjective, whereas new data points with respect to the OT seem to be adding weight to its historical correctness.

Your paranoid intentionally ignorant view of science extends to your outrageous conspiracy theories concerning covid replete with unreliable sources on the science of covid.

Your source for WIND is indeed flatulence. Mainstream science is NOT considering halt to covid vaccines.

It has been demonstrated beyond any reasonable doubt that the Torah is not historically accurate. In fact like the NT it lacks any provenance in authorship, and origin of the text.

Yes, the knowledge of science does change, but you cannot justify your paranoid conspiracy theories concerning covid based on science.

Steve Kirsch is an engineer that believes in unfounded conspiracy theories and not a scientist remotely qualified in the sciences involved in the Medical issues of Covid

Last edited:

2ndpillar

Pay attention,, please. You chose the word "murder". I pointed out to you that in so doing you made sure the resultant deaths were "wrong".

And I pointed out that (a) as the law shows, the question of culpability when someone kills someone is more complex than you appear to be aware, and (b) the practices of God as reported in the bible are as barbaric as the times in which they were written down. For another instance, why was it necessary for God to send Jesus on a suicide mission ending in a particularly horrible death, when [he] could achieve anything [he] wanted with one snap of those omnipotent fingers?
The Hebrew version of the commandment is "murder". My English version of the Commandment is "kill". Two different words and two different meanings. Murder, would be the Progressive killing of innocent children under the description of free choice. What I have said is that the gospel of grace/cross, is a false gospel, and part of the "message" of the "devil"/"enemy" (Mt 13). "Everyone dies for their own iniquities" (Jeremiah 31:30). No one died for your sins so you could think you would be healed. You have not been healed, nor will anyone escape dying. Elijah healed the sick and raised the dead, simply through the prayer of the righteous. As with Abraham, it was not necessary for Isaac to die, only that Abraham was willing to follow God's commandment. Yeshua, a righteous prophet, prayed for God to lift his burden (Mt 29:39), and the righteous prayer of one who believes, is granted. Who was the naked guy who fled from the men who arrested Yeshua? (Mark 14:51)

Mark 14:51
And there followed him a certain young man, having a linen cloth cast about his naked body; and the young men laid hold on him:

Jeremiah 31:30
Instead, everyone will die for their own sin; whoever eats sour grapes—their own teeth will be set on edge.

2ndpillar

Steve Kirsch is an engineer that believes in unfounded conspiracy theories and not a scientist remotely qualified in the sciences involved in the Medical issues of Covid
Robert Malone, an inventor of the miRNA vaccine, was censored from YouTube for voicing his concerns about the vaccine. The narrative has been restricted to the Progressive government narrative, parroted by those who prefer the "darkness". 'Single most qualified' mRNA expert speaks about vaccine risks after he says YouTube banned his video

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
His discoveries date in the 19
Robert Malone, an inventor of the miRNA vaccine, was censored from YouTube for voicing his concerns about the vaccine. The narrative has been restricted to the Progressive government narrative, parroted by those who prefer the "darkness". 'Single most qualified' mRNA expert speaks about vaccine risks after he says YouTube banned his video
His discoveries date to the 1980's, and he was not involved with the development of the vaccines, and he has irrational anti-vax history,

2ndpillar

His discoveries date in the 19

His discoveries date to the 1980's, and he was not involved with the development of the vaccines, and he has irrational anti-vax history,
I don't know. Since he was a pioneer who developed the mRNA science, maybe he has a better insight into the problems involved than your Progressive narrative creators. and yourself. What is rational to the Progressives, such as there being 169 or so genders, or that there is not a distinct distinction between man and women, that maybe their rationality, is the thing in doubt. I think their thought processing kind of leads down the path of their present leader, Joe Biden, and his corrupt, bemused, incognitive behavior.