• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Different Esoteric Paths

Hermes

My path started at a really young age. I started thinking about the big questions as; who am I? What is life? Why are we here? perhaps already when I was about ten years old. It developed into a meditation of spiritual development during my teenage years. When I was 13 our protestant priets came to visit our school in order to see who wanted to have communion. I decided to take part and saw it as a teaching in religion mostly. After the communion, I became Christian for some time, maybe half a year, before I realised that this religion couldn't answer all of my questions.

At the same time my interest in sports developed, I joined a karateclub and got inspired by the religions in japan and in the east. I decided to become a daoist after some reading. I remeber wearing a yin-yang necklace, cut my hair short and made all kind of changes tomy life at that time. After a while my sensei started talking to me about the spiritual, perhaps he saw my necklace and understood that I was interested in the spiritual. We talked about pressurepoints, meridians, I got a degree in kyushu jitsu and we delwed deep into TCM and acupuncture, healing. My sensei at the time was also a esoteric man, he borrowed me a CD with some books on them. Henry T Laurency, Alice Bailey mostly. I read and I read. It was a very interesting and a bit uncomprehensible world for a 15 year old. I became a nerd even though I soon started to loose interest and stopped reading after figuring out the whole new age scene was not my cup of tea.

Then love, friendship, school and science happend to me, so I need to fast forward into the furture. I Think I need to start again 2016. After a loooot of education that almost made my spiritual intuition go into torpor I started slowly to get interested in the esoteric sphere again. I delwed into theosophy and contected the adyar theosophical society, but shyed away from that out of a feeling of not really fitting in/beingunable to attend their meetings from where Iived. So instead I started to get an interest for buddhism. I had heard of an old theravada temple, not far from where I lived. I went there one day with a friend, it was alovely day and they had a celebration, lots of people, good food and such a peaceful tranquillity. I decided to go back there again and so I did. I knew that they meditated every morning and evening, so one morning at si o'clock I showed up in front of their door tried to communicate to the lay fellow at the door who didn't speak my language that I had come for the mediattion. After a while he understood and led me into the temple hall. It was the beginning of my three year long mediation journey. I started mediating at the temple for at least two years three evenings or mornings a week. During this period I also delwed deep into the theravadan tradition who still is close to my heart.

After a while covid hit and we could not meditate as often as before. I started to loose interest in the theravadan tradition and started to get interested in theosophy again. I found an organisation called Nexus theosophy ( today universaltheosophy.com) I had a rough start at my journey there. I got ill from exhaustion due to work and at the same time had a mental collaps with PTSD like symptoms and the realisation that I had autism spectrum disorder. Sometimes I wonder if it was because of all of that meditation that I just suddenly ended, or if it was due to work? I still dont know. But I was on sick leave for about a year after that and the theosophical brotherhood of ULT stood by my side during all my hardships. I feel much better now. And I still am a faithful theosophist but I don't meditate much anymore.

Lately I also been active in the odd fellows and also tried to find explanations to the feeling of sadness and restlessness that I sometimes feel. I therefore have been delwing into documentaries about mind control, the mediaindustry found out a lot about the world that I didn't know, how easily fooled we really are and how much evil magic there really is out there.

My motivation is in the end compassion for all sentient beings and I think that really is something the world needs today. Spiritual wisdom, compassion and a positive perspective on the world. The world becomes what we want it to become.

Best regards

Hermes

Last edited: