• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did you know.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I personally don’t believe from my own research that Buddhists are in possession of all the authentic teachings of Buddha.

Buddha did mention that His Dhamma would decay over time and be replaced with a counterfeit Dhamma.

SuttaCentral
Yes some of the teachin has been decay, but not the main teachings. this is why it still are valid today. and it work for me

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Yes some of the teachin has been decay, but not the main teachings. this is why it still are valid today. and it work for me

From my investigation and research I believe the main core teachings of Buddha have been lost and changed by men to try and say He didn’t teach about God. But when I read things like this from Buddha I tend to think that the Buddhism being taught today is not what Gautama taught.

There is, O monks, an unborn, unoriginated, uncreated, unformed. Were there not, O monks, this unborn, unoriginated, uncreated, unformed, there would be no escape from the world of the born, originated, created, formed. Since, O monks, there is an unborn, unoriginated, uncreated and unformed, therefore is there an escape from the born, originated, created, formed."

The Three Characteristics And The Uncreated

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
The main core of Buddha teaching is the 4 noble truth and 8 folded path.
Then you have the 5 precepts.
And morality
And meditation

With this as a basis the core teaching is still there in the suttas.
The monks who do teachings do not actually say buddhas words directly , they say their understanding of the buddhas words and most of them actually say this before they speak, and that is ofcourse a natural part since buddha does not sit next to them and can say this was exactly what i said.

The suttas are the closest we come to buddhas true words, that is just how it is, but it does not stop us from being followers of buddha and his teaching.

if you like, you can pick apart every religion and find what you see as faults, but that is not needed for those who follow and have no doubt that the teaching they follow is true to them.
To me as a buddhist i do not need nor do i have a wish to pick apart other religion to find so called faults. because it is enough to follow one teaching and study it so deeply that even the small parts of the teachings become important.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
The main core of Buddha teaching is the 4 noble truth and 8 folded path.
Then you have the 5 precepts.
And morality
And meditation

With this as a basis the core teaching is still there in the suttas.
The monks who do teachings do not actually say buddhas words directly , they say their understanding of the buddhas words and most of them actually say this before they speak, and that is ofcourse a natural part since buddha does not sit next to them and can say this was exactly what i said.

The suttas are the closest we come to buddhas true words, that is just how it is, but it does not stop us from being followers of buddha and his teaching.

if you like, you can pick apart every religion and find what you see as faults, but that is not needed for those who follow and have no doubt that the teaching they follow is true to them.
To me as a buddhist i do not need nor do i have a wish to pick apart other religion to find so called faults. because it is enough to follow one teaching and study it so deeply that even the small parts of the teachings become important.

We are all learning and investigating truth so things must be questioned.