• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did you know Jesus is considered as a different god according to scripture?

Before you reply back with John 1:1 in an English version(which will be addressed below) that capitalized "god" when referring to Jesus know that all punctuation, including what to capitalize or lower case was in the hands of the translator. Its best to let scripture explain scripture. Know that the bible says there is only one Almighty God(Jesus' God and Father). Notice other things IN SCRIPTURE (I didnt write it) are called god- again capital and lower case were up to the translator thats why its important to let the bible translate itself.

1. Yhwh is the only one refered to as Almighty God.
" And I used to appear to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob as God Almighty, but with regard to my name Yhwh I did not make myself known to them." Ex 6:3

2. "No God but me"?
"This is what Yhwh says, The King of Israel and his Repurchaser, Yhwh of armies: ‘I am the first and I am the last. There is no God but me.'" Isa 44:6

In the overall context of the bible He is saying he has no equal. There are obviously other gods as we will see. He even says, "Have no other gods besides me" Ex 20:3

3. Other gods but not Yhwh
Jesus answered them: “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I said: “You are gods”’? If he called ‘gods’ those against whom the word of God came—and yet the scripture cannot be nullified—" John 10:34-35

"God(Yhwh) takes his place in the divine assembly; In the middle of the gods he judges" Ps 82:1

Jesus and Satan are both gods according to scripure but are not Yhwh
"among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through." 2 Cor 4:4

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god." John 1:1

We can see through the scriptures that other living things can be refered to as god, but there is only 1 Almighty God which is Yhwh(Jehovah is some bibles LORD in some bibles)

tigger2

I am a JW, but as noted at the beginning of most of my studies, this is not taken from JW sources, but is written from mostly all sources by trinitarian scholars (cited) or my own careful study of trinitarian sources (NT Greek Grammars, NT Greek Interlinears, Concordances, etc.). Even a minimal look at the study should make this clear.

Even if it were a JW-published document (which it clearly is not), any truth-seeking trinitarian Christian would attempt to disprove the findings.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I am a JW, but as noted at the beginning of most of my studies, this is not taken from JW sources, but is written from mostly all sources by trinitarian scholars (cited) or my own careful study of trinitarian sources (NT Greek Grammars, NT Greek Interlinears, Concordances, etc.). Even a minimal look at the study should make this clear.

Even if it were a JW-published document (which it clearly is not), any truth-seeking trinitarian Christian would attempt to disprove the findings.
Or they might simply laugh at it. The website looked to be rather amateurish.

I am no longer a Christian and can see the merits of both sides of the argument.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The things that appear to you seem to be only to you as youve demonstrated, not part of the rest of reality. I imagine youll keep trying to talk your way out of it so have fun. This kind of convoisnt my cup of tea.
I can guarantee that I can demonstrate that I have a firmer grip on reality. You seem to just want to spew vague accusations without supporting any claims.

I can guarantee that I can demonstrate that I have a firmer grip on reality. You seem to just want to spew vague accusations without supporting any claims.
I cant believe how dishonest you are, you need your own words shown to you. Thats reality.

Subduction Zone said:
That looks like a Jehovah's Witness source. Not exactly reliable. You should try to see what actual biblical scholars say.

tigger2 said:
I am a JW, but as noted at the beginning of most of my studies, this is not taken from JW sources

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I cant believe how dishonest you are, you need your own words shown to you. Thats reality.

Subduction Zone said:
That looks like a Jehovah's Witness source. Not exactly reliable. You should try to see what actual biblical scholars say.

tigger2 said:
I am a JW, but as noted at the beginning of most of my studies, this is not taken from JW sources
There was nothing wrong with that statement. You may disagree with it, that is your right, but you were also the one that brought up "reality". That is where the JW"s tend to lose since they make the error of interpreting the Bible literally.

By the way, just because you do not like what someone has posted is not a valid excuse to call the "dishonest".

There was nothing wrong with that statement. You may disagree with it, that is your right, but you were also the one that brought up "reality". That is where the JW"s tend to lose since they make the error of interpreting the Bible literally.

By the way, just because you do not like what someone has posted is not a valid excuse to call the "dishonest".
It was because of the dishonest part. And no i wont walj you through it. Figure it out or dont.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It was because of the dishonest part. And no i wont walj you through it. Figure it out or dont.
There was nothing dishonest about my posts. You may disagree with them but that does not make them dishonest. Seriously, if you claim that someone else is dishonest here that does put a heavy burden of proof upon you.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

In my years as an evangelical Christian and evangelistic team leader, I considered Jehovah's Witnesses to be among the least knowledgeable about the Bible outside of their church doctrines. I used to witness to them whenever they attempted to challenge me and my evangelism team while we were street preaching. They tried to challenge us about our evangelistic message and interpretation of the Bible. Of course, we were able to counter everything they threw at us, and most of them eventually gave up and left. But some of them remained behind to continue listening to us and talking with us. There were some among these who converted to evangelicalism and then trained to street preach, like my team and I were. I've also had some come to my house and attempt to convert me, but given my background as an evangelism team leader, I was able to counter their evangelistic tactics by asking them questions about the Bible that they weren't prepared to answer or maybe weren't taught to answer. After this happened a few times, they apparently wised up and quit coming to my house. To be honest, I'm relieved that they finally gave up because they were becoming rather annoying because of their incessant zeal to evangelize. I'm no longer a Christian, but due to my years as one, I can still give them a run for their money whenever I encounter them at a friend's or neighbor's house. In my experience with Jehovah's Witnesses, their knowledge of the Bible was limited to the scriptures and doctrines they were taught. I will say that none of them performed well when they were pushed to deviate from the script when asked questions they weren't prepared to answer. I'm not sure if this is true for all of them, but it was true of those I've met. I suppose some of them are better trained to evangelize than others in their church.

Last edited:

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
Before you reply back with John 1:1 in an English version(which will be addressed below) that capitalized "god" when referring to Jesus know that all punctuation, including what to capitalize or lower case was in the hands of the translator. Its best to let scripture explain scripture. Know that the bible says there is only one Almighty God(Jesus' God and Father). Notice other things IN SCRIPTURE (I didnt write it) are called god- again capital and lower case were up to the translator thats why its important to let the bible translate itself.

" And I used to appear to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob as God Almighty, but with regard to my name Yhwh I did not make myself known to them." Ex 6:3

2. "No God but me"?
"This is what Yhwh says, The King of Israel and his Repurchaser, Yhwh of armies: ‘I am the first and I am the last. There is no God but me.'" Isa 44:6

In the overall context of the bible He is saying he has no equal. There are obviously other gods as we will see. He even says, "Have no other gods besides me" Ex 20:3

Jesus answered them: “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I said: “You are gods”’? If he called ‘gods’ those against whom the word of God came—and yet the scripture cannot be nullified—" John 10:34-35

"God(Yhwh) takes his place in the divine assembly; In the middle of the gods he judges" Ps 82:1

"among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through." 2 Cor 4:4

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god." John 1:1

We can see through the scriptures that other living things can be refered to as god, but there is only 1 Almighty God which is Yhwh(Jehovah is some bibles LORD in some bibles)
What is the MEANING of the word, “GOD”?

Could it be ‘MIGHTY ONE’?

So, in all cases where you see the word, ‘God’, you can substitute ‘Mighty One’.

Please do so and see what you get?

Take note of ‘ALMIGHTY GOD’. This is EXCLUSIVELY ‘YHWH’ God.

I find Trinitarians do not like writing ‘Almighty God’ since they know that Jesus Christ is not ‘ALMIGHTY GOD’. They effectively admitting that they just say ’Jesus Christ is a mighty one’, which you rightly point out can apply to:
  • Satan
  • The great prophets and holy men
  • Jesus Christ (and note that I use the title ‘Christ’ since Jesus DID NOTHING OF MIGHTINESS BEFORE HE WAS ANOINTED WITH HOLY SPIRIT AND POWER’
Therefore, it can be said, ‘God, YOUR GOD, will make you…‘.

Which means: ‘Mighty one, your God [a higher mighty one, namely Yhwh] will make you…!’

Point of fact, when Satan is called ‘God’, why is it claimed as ‘not Almighty God’?

When Moses is called ‘God’, why is it claimed as different, as ‘not Almighty God’?

When holy men, as you point out from that verse, are called ‘GOD’ BY Jesus Christ… why is it dismissed as ‘not Almighty God’?

True, such terms are NOT referring to THE ALMIGHTY GOD… yet when Jesus is called ‘God’ if immediately is supposed to mean ‘ALMIGHTY GOD’ even when the context shows that is not the case (another ‘not Almighty God’)

Please keep up the good work in showing the truth which dispels fallacy and paganistic ideology.

tigger2

After receiving a link to one of my personal studies of John's understanding of John 1:1c containing many steps which could be examined and discussed honestly, S.Z. wrote:

S.Z.: "That looks like a Jehovah's Witness source. Not exactly reliable. You should try to see what actual biblical scholars say."

He then "answers" the request to discuss the study (not prejudge as he did):
Or they might simply laugh at it. The website looked to be rather amateurish.

I am no longer a Christian and can see the merits of both sides of the argument.

"The tu quoque fallacy
Rather than coming up with a valid counterargument, those using the tu quoque fallacy invalidate their opponent's criticisms by addressing them with another criticism. With this kind of argument, you find a way to attack your opponent instead of coming up with a logical reason to argue against their original claim." - Logical Fallacies: 15 Examples of Common Fallacies.

Does anyone here value truth and honesty enough to discuss the various steps found in my study?

tigger2

Why not start at the beginning:

John 1:1 Primer

For Grammatical Rules "Proving" the Trinity

John 1:1c - English translation: "The Word was God [or 'a god']."
- NT Greek: θεὸς ἦν ὁ λόγος
---------------"god was the word."

The NT Greek word for "God" and "god" is theos (θεὸς). In the writings of the Gospel writers (including John) when an unmodified theos (the form used for subjects and predicate nouns) is accompanied by the article, "the" ( [pronounced ho] in Greek), and has no added phrases (e.g., "the god of this world"), then it always refers to the only true God. - See DEF study.

But Jn 1:1c has an unmodified "theos" without the article. Therefore, even some trinitarian scholars are forced to admit that this passage may be literally translated as "the Word was a god"!
This includes W. E. Vine (An Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words);
Dr. C. H. Dodd (director of the New English Bible project);
Murray J. Harris (Jesus as God);
Dr. Robert Young (Young's Concise Critical Bible Commentary); Rev. J. W. Wenham, The Elements of New Testament Greek.

Of course, being trinitarians, they often insist that the correct interpretation of such a literal translation must be, somehow, trinitarian.

InChrist

Free4ever

2. "No God but me"?

Other living things are only referred to as false gods, fake gods, or worthless idols.

Jesus is YWHW, the One true God, Creator in unity with the Father and Holy Spirit.