• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did you know Jesus is considered as a different god according to scripture?

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
If Jesus is Yhwh who is 'my lord'?
[COLOR=var(--du-color--textDefault, #292929)]
Jesus asked them: “How is it, then, that David under inspiration calls him Lord, saying, ‘Yhwh said to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand until I put your enemies beneath your feet”’?- Mt 22:43-44[/COLOR]
You can add this for your purpose:
  • “For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to adorn themselves. They submitted themselves to their own husbands, like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her Lord. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear.’ (1 Peter 5-6)
By trinity, Abraham is then God/Jesus!!!?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
  • “For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to adorn themselves. They submitted themselves to their own husbands, like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her Lord. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear.’ (1 Peter 5-6)
Yes, you can add this to the assertions and beliefs in an ancient tribal worldview.

Yes, Jesus was described as another God Among Gods in the hierarchy of Gods.

Soapy

Jesus is a lesser god.
There is no such thing in Judaism nor Christianity as a ‘Lesser God’.

There can be ‘Gods’ or ‘a God’ OUTSIDE of the context of the ONE TRUE GOD (emphasis on ‘True’!) since the word/term ‘God’ carries the meaning of ‘Ultimate Authority’ BY CONTEXT!!!:
  • A judge is the ultimate authority in his courtroom… He is the ‘God’ of that courtroom. Evidently there are other courtroom ruled by other Judges who are the ‘God’ in their courtroom
  • But ULTIMATELY there is a pyramid that leads to ONLY ONE ULTIMATE JUDGE over ALL CONTEXTS

Sargonski

Before you reply back with John 1:1 in an English version(which will be addressed below) that capitalized "god" when referring to Jesus know that all punctuation, including what to capitalize or lower case was in the hands of the translator. Its best to let scripture explain scripture. Know that the bible says there is only one Almighty God(Jesus' God and Father). Notice other things IN SCRIPTURE (I didnt write it) are called god- again capital and lower case were up to the translator thats why its important to let the bible translate itself.

1. Yhwh is the only one refered to as Almighty God.
" And I used to appear to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob as God Almighty, but with regard to my name Yhwh I did not make myself known to them." Ex 6:3

2. "No God but me"?
"This is what Yhwh says, The King of Israel and his Repurchaser, Yhwh of armies: ‘I am the first and I am the last. There is no God but me.'" Isa 44:6

In the overall context of the bible He is saying he has no equal. There are obviously other gods as we will see. He even says, "Have no other gods besides me" Ex 20:3

3. Other gods but not Yhwh
Jesus answered them: “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I said: “You are gods”’? If he called ‘gods’ those against whom the word of God came—and yet the scripture cannot be nullified—" John 10:34-35

"God(Yhwh) takes his place in the divine assembly; In the middle of the gods he judges" Ps 82:1

Jesus and Satan are both gods according to scripure but are not Yhwh
"among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through." 2 Cor 4:4

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god." John 1:1

We can see through the scriptures that other living things can be refered to as god, but there is only 1 Almighty God which is Yhwh(Jehovah is some bibles LORD in some bibles)
1) YHWH is never referred to by name in the NT .. and not the only God referred to as "Almighty God" in the OT - as per your quote "I did not make myself known"

So a puzzle .. If it was not God YHWH that Abraham knew - what was the name by which Abe and the Canaanite Priest King of Jerusalem - Melchi-Zedek knew "God Most High" to what God where these men giving Praise.

2) 3}

First -- YHWH states he is jealous of other Gods .. in fact .. in one place states that his name is Jealousy.. one of the many strange things about this God .. with the most petty and nasty of human characteristics.

Second .. Your Quote from Psalm 82 is just horrible .. an intentional mistranslation .. YHWH is standing in the Council of EL .. EL being the fellow being worshiped in part 1.

God stands in[b] the assembly of El;[c] in the midst of the gods[d] he renders judgment.

This Most High of God is mentioned a few times by name in the OT.

Now as for the divine nature of Jesus .. remember our friend Melchi-Zedek .. the Canaanite Priest King .. worshiping EL -- the High God of the Canaanite Pantheon.

Jesus .. according to the book of Hebrews .. is a Priest forever of the order of Melchi-Zedek. A Priest of EL

and now you know "The rest of the Story" :) Har har har

Soapy

Well . . . to insist and argue stoically for an ancient tribal worldview without evidence.
I thought it was a simple question - what is the fear you find in responding in the manner the question was asked?

Ok, let me ask, Is it:
  • ‘Holding onto of something already held’
or:
  • ‘Reaching out for, or attempting to take hold of, something not already held’?

Soapy

Yes, you can add this to the assertions and beliefs in an ancient tribal worldview.

Yes, Jesus was described as another God Among Gods in the hierarchy of Gods.
So who is the ULTIMATE GOD in the hierarchy of Gods… in respect of the fact that there is only one TRUE God?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
SZ wrote: "I did scan it. It looked rather pathetic. Claims without any proper support."

So please give me a few "claims without any proper support" in my study. - John 1:1c Primer - For Grammatical Rules That Supposedly "Prove" the Trinity.

Here's my original study of John 1:1c - DEFinite John 1:1c
There is no proof of either monotheism or versions of polytheism including the Trinity. Beliefs one way or another are a product of selective interpretations of citations.

Polytheism is described as a dominant belief in ancient Hebrew tribes, and Jesus is described as a separate Divinity seated on the right hand of God.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I thought it was a simple question - what is the fear you find in responding in the manner the question was asked?

Ok, let me ask, Is it:
  • ‘Holding onto of something already held’
or:
  • ‘Reaching out for, or attempting to take hold of, something not already held’?
Of course, 'already held,' based on faith and and belief not based on evidence.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
So who is the ULTIMATE GOD in the hierarchy of Gods… in respect of the fact that there is only one TRUE God?
God the Father described at the time as YAWH (A term not really originally used as stated today) is the top dog God in a pantheon of Gods with Jesus the lesser God seated on the right hand. It is the conflicting question of variable religious beliefs over the millennia

Soapy

Of course, 'already held,' based on faith and and belief not based on evidence.
The question was not theological. If was purely linguistical. It was simply a question that asked for a definition of ‘Grasp at’.

If I have an apple in my hand, am I ‘grasping’ for that apple, am I reaching out to take hold of it? Am I grasping at the possibility of taking hold of the same apple so I can hold onto it?

Can you answer now?

Last edited:

Soapy

God the Father described at the time as YAWH (A term not really originally used as stated today) is the top dog God in a pantheon of Gods with Jesus the lesser God seated on the right hand. It is the conflicting question of variable religious beliefs over the millennia
‘YAWH’ (I prefer ‘YHWH’) is the ‘top dog’… rather an irreverent term for the Almighty of All mighty ones, especially as to be a ‘dog’ is already a denegrating term in Jewish belief.

And, in any case, the almighty God, YHWH by His eternal NAME, is no part of a pantheon… something He declares very strongly:
  • ‘Beside(s) me there is no other God’ meaning ‘I have no equal, and no one above me, and no one even like me!’
There is no conflict to the true believer. What all others do is realise that they cannot define what they mean by ‘God’, so they use the term vaguely so as to be able to turn it into whatever they need to at any particular time.

God’ is the TITLE of a RULING or GREATEST ENTITY in a system (Meaning, in context).

God’ is also an ADJECTIVE term which carries the meaning of ‘The most glorious, the most majestic, the most monumental, the greatest, the highest of the high, the top-most, the most powerful, the ultimate, …etc.’
You notice that these also carry the characteristics of the Superlative, which greatly heightens the significance of the term.

I gave you an example before and I give you another example:
  • A Chess Grand Master is the GOD (superlative Adjective) of all Chess Masters (context)
  • He is the GOD (Title) of all whom are called ‘Master Chess players’ (context)
  • ‘The word […] was God’… ‘the word OF the one entities ‘GOD’ (title) was ‘GOD’ (Superlative Adjective… was most glorious, was the ultimate, was all powerful…) : ‘Let there be light

Brickjectivity

System Override
Staff member
Premium Member
The mystery Paul says is that Christ in us is the hope, so he thinks it is Ok for there to be secrets and surprises. All should be welcomed to the table of Christ without demanding subjugation of them to our own arguments. This is the great challenge which is our obedience to do our part in answering Jesus' prayer for unity. We must cease meeting on our own terms to the limit of our ability and beyond. What the early Christians did for us and gave for us, the little children, is a debt we owe to other little ones to place no barriers between them and Christ. It is for that reason we accept from them all kinds of relics such as strange holidays, customs and gimmicks. These are no barrier, but the barrier is in the heart of each person. This is analogous to a door at which there stands a stranger seeking entrance and to dine with us. Shall we open it and risk friendship with this stranger? Shall we let these little one come like we were allowed to?

What I am saying is that whether Jesus is called this or that, we have bigger issues. We are divided not righteously but unrighteously.

Yokefellow

By trinity, Abraham is then God/Jesus!!!?

Romans 4:16
"Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all"

The 'One' who sits on the Throne in Revelation is a picture of Abraham.

The 'Slain Lamb' represents the Blood of Jesus as well as the Seed of Abraham in Abraham's Loins.

The 'Rainbow Round About' represents the Holy Ghost.

All three combine as 'One'... i.e., as the Trinity.

God in his highest form exists outside as a 'Consuming Fire'...

Zechariah 2:5
"For I, saith the LORD, will be unto her a wall of fire round about, and will be the glory in the midst of her."

Yokefellow

YHVH = God as Particles (inside our Universe)
Elohim = God as Wave Function (Outside our Universe)

Different states of being depending on the need to interact outside or inside of our Universe.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
The question was not theological. If was purely linguistical. It was simply a question that asked for a definition of ‘Grasp at’.

If I have an apple in my hand, am I ‘grasping’ for that apple, am I reaching out to take hold of it? Am I grasping at the possibility of taking hold of the same apple so I can hold onto it?
Different uses of the word as in grasping at straws,

trying to find something based only on belief without evidence to support it

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
1) YHWH is never referred to by name in the NT .. and not the only God referred to as "Almighty God" in the OT - as per your quote "I did not make myself known"

So a puzzle .. If it was not God YHWH that Abraham knew - what was the name by which Abe and the Canaanite Priest King of Jerusalem - Melchi-Zedek knew "God Most High" to what God where these men giving Praise.

2) 3}

First -- YHWH states he is jealous of other Gods .. in fact .. in one place states that his name is Jealousy.. one of the many strange things about this God .. with the most petty and nasty of human characteristics.

Second .. Your Quote from Psalm 82 is just horrible .. an intentional mistranslation .. YHWH is standing in the Council of EL .. EL being the fellow being worshiped in part 1.

God stands in[b] the assembly of El;[c] in the midst of the gods[d] he renders judgment.

This Most High of God is mentioned a few times by name in the OT.

Now as for the divine nature of Jesus .. remember our friend Melchi-Zedek .. the Canaanite Priest King .. worshiping EL -- the High God of the Canaanite Pantheon.

Jesus .. according to the book of Hebrews .. is a Priest forever of the order of Melchi-Zedek. A Priest of EL

and now you know "The rest of the Story" :) Har har har
Classic polytheism is expressed as

The Bible says Jesus is unique in both His person and His purpose. He wasn't just some spiritual individual during His time on earth; He was both God's Son (John 3:16) and God Himself—God in human flesh (1 Timothy 3:16). Yes, He was fully man, but He was also fully God (Colossians 2:9).

Last edited:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
There is no such thing in Judaism nor Christianity as a ‘Lesser God’.

There can be ‘Gods’ or ‘a God’ OUTSIDE of the context of the ONE TRUE GOD (emphasis on ‘True’!) since the word/term ‘God’ carries the meaning of ‘Ultimate Authority’ BY CONTEXT!!!:
  • A judge is the ultimate authority in his courtroom… He is the ‘God’ of that courtroom. Evidently there are other courtroom ruled by other Judges who are the ‘God’ in their courtroom
  • But ULTIMATELY there is a pyramid that leads to ONLY ONE ULTIMATE JUDGE over ALL CONTEXTS
Ultimate Judge does not negate the lesser Gods as in the description of the eternal nature of Jesus Christ as Creation by him.