• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did something Obama say in 2nd debte cost him the election?

esmith

Veteran Member
As if the NRA was going to support the President until he made that statement.:facepalm:
Didn't say the NRA has ever supported Obama, which they never would. Kind of wish you would read something before you make a statement. I said could it be possible that pro-gun voters who weren't planning on voting for either candidate might change their mind and now vote for Romney because of Obama's statement. I didn't infer that they were or were not NRA members.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Didn't say the NRA has ever supported Obama, which they never would. Kind of wish you would read something before you make a statement. I said could it be possible that pro-gun voters who wasn't planning on voting for either candidate might change their mind and now vote for Romney because of Obama's statement. I didn't infer that they were or were not NRA members.
The NRA is influenced by lies and propaganda. It's no surprise that most NRA members are conservatives. Obama doesn't want to take away guns, that's panic mongering.

I'm curious as to this "forum" you mention that you get a different perspective on? What forum is it? I'm willing to bet it's a conservative forum with people bouncing conspiracy theories off each other.

no-body

Oh no, Obama wants there to be laws to prevent those with a history of mentally illness from getting their hands on deadly weapons. The horror.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
FTR.

Assault Weapons, as defined in the Assault Weapons Ban of 1994, (which Congress allowed to expire in 2004) encompasses any firearm with a detachable magazine and at least two of certain other characteristics as an assault weapon.

For rifles

• Telescoping stock
  • Pistol grip
  • Bayonet mount
  • Grenade launcher
  • Flash suppressor
For shotguns

• Telescoping stock
  • Pistol grip
  • A capacity to hold more than five rounds
For handguns

• Telescoping stock
  • Pistol grip

Yes, this is the current Legal, (not Military), definition of an assault weapon.

esmith

Veteran Member
The NRA is influenced by lies and propaganda. It's no surprise that most NRA members are conservatives. Obama doesn't want to take away guns, that's panic mongering.
Suggest you read the following. Yes it is Fox News but the data presented is verifiable.
President Obama's Anti-Gun Agenda Shows No Sign of Stopping | Fox News

I'm curious as to this "forum" you mention that you get a different perspective on? What forum is it? I'm willing to bet it's a conservative forum with people bouncing conspiracy theories off each other.
Will not mention the forum, but it consist of members with many political beliefs. Politics is a very minor issue but seems to have a little more interest because of the 2012 election cycle.

esmith

Veteran Member
FTR.

Assault Weapons, as defined in the Assault Weapons Ban of 1994, (which Congress allowed to expire in 2004) encompasses any firearm with a detachable magazine and at least two of certain other characteristics as an assault weapon.

For rifles

• Telescoping stock
  • Pistol grip
  • Bayonet mount
  • Grenade launcher
  • Flash suppressor
For shotguns

• Telescoping stock
  • Pistol grip
For handguns

• Telescoping stock
  • Pistol grip

Yes, this is the current Legal, (not Military), definition of an assault weapon.
No, it is the anti-gun lobby's description supported by anti-gun politicians and a very few misguided Republicans.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Those on that forum are a little bit more, how should I say, open minded about certain topics than some on this forum.
I like expanding my information base with open minded people.

Will not mention the forum
Why are you hiding it? I'm not saying I'm going to join, but I like forums with more open-minded people that you mention.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Well, I think you had better take a closer look at the video. You will notice that for each round fired he has to pull the trigger. Maybe you should investigate your source material before making an obvious attempt at misinformation.

OK, so cite the misinformation. You wouldn't normally use that kind of weapon for hunting. It is most likely used for sport. I never said the guy in fact DID modify his gun I said that he ("may have") modified his gun. I've seen that gun with various types of trigger replacements to give it a smoother firing feel using less pounds of pressure......such as the one below. It doesn't change the gun from a semi-automatic but slide action gives it the feel of an automatic. If one thing we care about, know and do here in VA. is shoot.

[youtube]4F8Z5ooMZpY[/youtube]
S&W M&P 15-22 with Slide Fire Stock Shooting - YouTube

You also know, don't you, that if he had modified it he would be in violation of the law.

It depends on the modification such as using a slide action stock.

Also, to get the parts to do the modification he would have to have a Class III Federal

But I didn't insinuate as to what "modification" he may have done so your point is moot.

esmith

Veteran Member
. If one thing we care about, know and do here in VA. is shoot.
Well, I would like to think that here in Idaho we really care about shooting also. Some of us enjoy going after whistle pigs. Every try varmint shooting? Getting to old to traipse over the hills for elk nowadays.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Well, I would like to think that here in Idaho we really care about shooting also. Some of us enjoy going after whistle pigs. Every try varmint shooting? Getting to old to traipse over the hills for elk nowadays.

Varmint shooting with an air-soft rifle sometimes. Target practice with 9mm. Hunting with my friend's 50cal muzzle loader in one county but use his 270 rifle in another counting (stupid hunting rules). Want to buy a sub-compact 9mm for home protection (still trying to decide). I might be left-wing progressive...but we do have some things in common.

esmith

Veteran Member
Varmint shooting with an air-soft rifle sometimes. Target practice with 9mm. Hunting with my friend's 50cal muzzle loader in one county but use his 270 rifle in another counting (stupid hunting rules). Want to buy a sub-compact 9mm for home protection (still trying to decide). I might be left-wing progressive...but we do have some things in common.
Getting off the subject, but there is nothing better than a pump shotgun for home defense (I like my Remington 870, and sub-compact Colt 45 . When you cycle the 870 there is no other sound in the world that says to a would be bad guy that he or she is in a whole world of hurt.

tytlyf

Not Religious
When you cycle the 870 there is no other sound in the world that says to a would be bad guy that he or she is in a whole world of hurt.

Have you run into this situation or you just like being ready for when it happens?