• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Paul know of the Nephites?

Francine

Paul believed the gospel had been preached to the entire Earth in his day. The entire Earth includes the Western Hemisphere.

Romans 10:[17] So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. [18] But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.

A

angellous_evangellous

Ah, that's a figure of speech. The Greek phrase is used mostly of Spain to the regions of the eastern Empire.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Paul believed the gospel had been preached to the entire Earth in his day. The entire Earth includes the Western Hemisphere.

Romans 10:[17] So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. [18] But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.
Paul may have believed the gospel had been preached to the entire earth, but he may not have had an accurate understanding of what "the entire Earth" was. On the other hand, by the time he made that statement, Jesus may very well have visited the Nephites.

WillowTheWhisp

From my understanding of reading the Book of Mormon the Gospel had been preached in the western hemisphere before the birth of Christ as his coming was prophesied. Then Jesus himself visited the Nephites shortly after his crucifixion which would be before Paul's time. Perhaps Paul knew this by personal revelation.