• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Obama Announce his plans to run for president on monday night football?

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
I like Obama also. I remember watching on television a speech he gave a while ago, I think during the last presidential campaign, and it was very good!

nutshell

He's peaking too early.

Besides, can you imagine:

"Introducing the President of the United States: Barak Hussein Obama."

I like him too and he's in my top three, but with an unfortunate name like that, I don't see how he could win - regardless of money or the issues.

nutshell

Radio Frequency X said:
He lacks the experience and fund-raising ability to match up with any of the top republicans.

Or the top democrat: Hillary Clinton.

No dem. can raise money like a Clinton.

Capt. Haddock

Evil Mouse
The lack of experience can be a good thing. Senate experience does not tend to help one's presidential prospects. I think if he wants to run, he needs to do it now, before he gets involved in too much controversy in the Senate and loses touch with the real world.

He's young, photogenic, charismatic and a good guy. My missus was a student of his at the UofC and she raves about him.

I'd vote him in a heartbeat over any stale and stodgy "experienced" beltway insider.

Mercy Not Sacrifice

nutshell said:
He's peaking too early.

I definitely agree. VP for sure, but not prez until at least '12.

Besides, can you imagine:

"Introducing the President of the United States: Barak Hussein Obama."

I like him too and he's in my top three, but with an unfortunate name like that, I don't see how he could win - regardless of money or the issues.

Oh god. That middle name would cost him at least 5% of the vote. Maybe 15%. Damn racists.... :verymad:

Never mind the fact that he's AFRICAN! But that wouldn't help him in this regard either.... :mad:

sparc872

I have heard the suggestion of Obama and McCain going together as independents. That is something I would love to see :) Check out unity08.com, this isn't where I heard it, but it's a potential for getting it to actually happen.

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
I know that there are a LOT of people excited about Obama but I don't see what he has done. What are his qualifications?

Senators never (Kennedy excepted) win presidential elections at least so far. Governors on the other hand always seem to do well. I think it is because of the administration difference. Running a state is like running a country. Being a senator does not carry with it the same administration role, rather it is a group job where every senator is equal (relative to a governors office).