• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus create mankind (Adam)?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Good answer!

Can you elaborate on your answer?
She won't, probably because you are in denial, but I will. Not everyone believes your claims in the OP. Not even all Christians. In fact worldwide most Christians accept the fact of evolution. They understand that Genesis is just allegory and is for general instruction on morals but it is clearly not history. Assuming that all Christians believe he myths of Genesis is a insult to Christianity.

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
It's not my problem that you don't understand why ambiguity is an issue.
Just show me what you think is ambiguous ….!

I’m willing to see what your thought was so please just answer what I’m asking you so I can answer you!

Soapy

She won't, probably because you are in denial, but I will. Not everyone believes your claims in the OP. Not even all Christians. In fact worldwide most Christians accept the fact of evolution. They understand that Genesis is just allegory and is for general instruction on morals but it is clearly not history. Assuming that all Christians believe he myths of Genesis is an insult to Christianity.
I don’t understand what the issue is…!!

Who said I don’t believe in evolution? I did not say I believe the world was made in literally six days nor that God literally came dune and impregnated Mary, nor that animals, birds, plants, etc., literally popped into the world out of nowhere.

What am I being accused of?

amazing grace

Well, I am a Christian who does believe the world and all that is in it was created in 6 days.

For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived even since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. [Romans 1:20]

It is believed that ‘Jesus’, as the Son of God, created all things: The heavens and the earth; all things on the earth and in the heavens, the angels (Seraphims, Cherubims, Archangels, Messenger angels, etc., and even Adam and Eve as the beginning of mankind.

But is this true and where, if it is, can evidence be shown of this.

I am suggesting that almighty God; the Father (YHWH), and He alone, created all things by using His Spirit (His eternal active force) which was ‘with Him’ in the beginning, which is shown in Genesis 1…

And, the Title question… God consorted with His greatest and most majestic angel, in the creation of mankind, saying to him: ‘Let us create man in our image’.

That angel, called ‘Lucifer’ at that time, created the body of the first man, named ‘Adam’ because of the red soil in the area, After thus GOD blew the breathe of Adam into the inactive body and Adam became a living Soul.

Nowhere in that narrative is there any reference to ‘Son’ or ‘Jesus’.

What’s your take on the matter?
“…Let us make man in our image….” (Genesis 1:26) is referring to God Almighty and Jesus. “So God created man….” (Genesis 1:27) Do you notice the difference?

God’s first creation was his “…only-begotten Son….” (John 3:16) “…the beginning of the creation by God.” (Revelation 3:14) This one, “…the firstborn of all creation;” was used by God in creating all other things, those in the heavens and those upon the earth, “…the things visible and the things invisible….” (Colossians 1:16-17) John’s inspired testimony concerning this Son, the Word, is that “all things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence,” and the apostle identifies the Word as Jesus Christ, who had become flesh. (John 1:3, 10, 14) As wisdom personified, this One is represented as saying, “God himself produced me as the beginning of his way,” and he tells of his association with God the Creator as his “…master worker….” (Proverbs 8:22-31) In view of the close association between God and his only-begotten Son, all other creative activity was through the Son.-Colossians 1:15; 2 Corinthians 4:4.

In summary, this is likened to-for example-an architect of a building. Who is entitled to credit for erecting a building: the architect, contractor or workers? Similarly, the Bible was penned by men, but it was under direction and inspiration by God.

Soapy

“…Let us make man in our image….” (Genesis 1:26) is referring to God Almighty and Jesus. “So God created man….” (Genesis 1:27) Do you notice the difference?

God’s first creation was his “…only-begotten Son….” (John 3:16) “…the beginning of the creation by God.” (Revelation 3:14) This one, “…the firstborn of all creation;” was used by God in creating all other things, those in the heavens and those upon the earth, “…the things visible and the things invisible….” (Colossians 1:16-17) John’s inspired testimony concerning this Son, the Word, is that “all things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence,” and the apostle identifies the Word as Jesus Christ, who had become flesh. (John 1:3, 10, 14) As wisdom personified, this One is represented as saying, “God himself produced me as the beginning of his way,” and he tells of his association with God the Creator as his “…master worker….” (Proverbs 8:22-31) In view of the close association between God and his only-begotten Son, all other creative activity was through the Son.-Colossians 1:15; 2 Corinthians 4:4.

In summary, this is likened to-for example-an architect of a building. Who is entitled to credit for erecting a building: the architect, contractor or workers? Similarly, the Bible was penned by men, but it was under direction and inspiration by God.
How do you account for the scripture verses detailing that:
  • God alone created all things’
  • ‘This is what the YHWH says— your Redeemer, who formed you in the womb: I am the YHWH, the maker of all things, who stretches out the heavens, who spreads out the earth by myself,’ (Isaiah :44:24)
  • ‘for us there is but one God, the Father, [YHWH] from whom all things came and for whom we live;’ (1 Cor 8:6)
And you know that ‘Father’ means:
  • ‘He who creates’
  • ‘He who brings into being’
  • ‘He who gives life’
And that Jesus Christ did not make any claim as to having anything to do with creation?

In fact, even if there was a ‘Son of God’ as Jesus before the creation - his do you justify ‘Jesus’ saying:
  • ‘By myself I can do nothing unless I first see the Father doing it’
Does that mean that God created a world and then Jesus created another using the knowledge and information that he saw from God’s doing?

Oh, and there is no verse that says that Jesus is the first of God’s creations… The verse says that Jesus is the FIRSTBORN of God’s creations…
Firstborn’ is not ‘First Born’…

‘Firstborn’ … say it… one word….
  • ‘Firstborn’
means ‘The Most beloved’…

‘First Born’ … say it… two words…
  • first … born
is a chronological birth in time… the first from the womb. God does not have a womb for a creature to be born out of. The first born of creation in humanity was Adam.

The first born created as SPIRIT was likely LUCIFER…. And you know what Lucifer became…!!?

And even then, a creation of God in heaven is an Angel…..
  • ‘To which of the angels did God ever say: You are my Son, this day I have become your Father!’
And even so, that is an ADOPTION DECLARATION.

Last edited:

Audie

Veteran Member
Well, I am a Christian who does believe the world and all that is in it was created in 6 days.
It's a matter of education.
And ego.

For those who think they know more science
than any scientist, and are infallible readers
of an infallible book, well, they will have to
remain in the dark ages.

Those who do consider well your bible quote
that " creation' is seen in what is there to
see ( and STUDY), it's abundantly clear
that a literal reading is simply impossible.

To insist you are right, the earth is wrong
is an insult to your own intelligence.

What " god" might think of such antics,
I will leave to yourspeculation.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I don’t understand what the issue is…!!

Who said I don’t believe in evolution? I did not say I believe the world was made in literally six days nor that God literally came dune and impregnated Mary, nor that animals, birds, plants, etc., literally popped into the world out of nowhere.

What am I being accused of?
" and even Adam and Eve as the beginning of mankind."

That part of the Bible is allegory at best. You seemed to imply that you accept evolution. That includes humans. Your beliefs have been shown to be wrong. So you are being accused of being overly literalistic to the point that you are in effect claiming that God is a liar. Do you believe in the Flood of Noah as well? We know that even never happened either.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
How do you account for the scripture verses detailing that:
  • God alone created all things’
  • ‘This is what the YHWH says— your Redeemer, who formed you in the womb: I am the YHWH, the maker of all things, who stretches out the heavens, who spreads out the earth by myself,’ (Isaiah :44:24)
  • ‘for us there is but one God, the Father, [YHWH] from whom all things came and for whom we live;’ (1 Cor 8:6)
And you know that ‘Father’ means:
  • ‘He who creates’
  • ‘He who brings into being’
  • ‘He who gives life’
And that Jesus Christ did not make any claim as to having anything to do with creation?

In fact, even if there was a ‘Son of God’ as Jesus before the creation - his do you justify ‘Jesus’ saying:
  • ‘By myself I can do nothing unless I first see the Father doing it’
Does that mean that God created a world and then Jesus created another using the knowledge and information that he saw from God’s doing?

Oh, and there is no verse that says that Jesus is the first of God’s creations… The verse says that Jesus is the FIRSTBORN of God’s creations…
Firstborn’ is not ‘First Born’…

‘Firstborn’ … say it… one word….
  • ‘Firstborn’
means ‘The Most beloved’…

‘First Born’ … say it… two words…
  • first … born
is a chronological birth in time… the first from the womb. God does not have a womb for a creature to be born out of. The first born of creation in humanity was Adam.

The first born created as SPIRIT was likely LUCIFER…. And you know what Lucifer became…!!?

And even then, a creation of God in heaven is an Angel…..
  • ‘To which of the angels did God ever say: You are my Son, this day I have become your Father!’
And even so, that is an ADOPTION DECLARATION.
I know that you do not like the trinity, but there are valid arguments for it. One can always say that those verses refer to the three as one.

In the Bible you have John 1 1-5:

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it.

and then John 1 14:

14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

That indicates that Jesus was the "Word of God" (whatever that means). That he was with God from the start. And that he became flesh AKA Jesus.

There are other arguments as well, but that part of the Bible does indicate rather strongly that if one wants to accept all of the Bible that Jesus was at the very least with God and was key to making the Earth.

That the Bible has endless contradictions is not news. You have to pick and choose which verses to believe at times.

Ebionite

Just show me what you think is ambiguous ….!

I’m willing to see what your thought was so please just answer what I’m asking you so I can answer you!

Soapy

" and even Adam and Eve as the beginning of mankind."

That part of the Bible is allegory at best. You seemed to imply that you accept evolution. That includes humans. Your beliefs have been shown to be wrong. So you are being accused of being overly literalistic to the point that you are in effect claiming that God is a liar. Do you believe in the Flood of Noah as well? We know that even never happened either.
Shakespeare said: ‘As you like it’!

Soapy

I still don’t see what you are complaining about!!

Ebionite

I know that you do not like the trinity, but there are valid arguments for it.
No there are not. Moses was a member of of Elohim (translated as "God"), and Moses is not a member of the Trinity. Also the spirit of Elohim is distinct from the set-apart spirit (qodesh means set-apart and qodesh is translated as holy), but in the doctrine of the Trinity conflates these two.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No there are not. Moses was a member of of Elohim (translated as "God"), and Moses is not a member of the Trinity. Also the spirit of Elohim is distinct from the set-apart spirit (qodesh means set-apart and qodesh is translated as holy), but in the doctrine of the Trinity conflates these two.
No, Moses was mythical. Didn't you know that? Do you even know when the various books of the Bible were written?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Shakespeare said: ‘As you like it’!
The problem with believing your myth, that man is not a product of evolution, is that you are calling God a liar. You need to have a bit of scientific literacy to understand why that if one claims that the myths of Genesis are true that one is claiming that God is a liar. Ironically the people with those beliefs are usually afraid to learn how they are doing that. That indicates a weak faith in God.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No, Moses wasn't mythical. There are archaeological artifacts which are consistent with the story of the Exodus.
I doubt that. There is a lack of artifacts that clearly should exist that tell us that it never happened. One has to be very careful with sources. There are countless apologist sites that are far from honest. Check the work of those that are bold enough to put their beliefs through the rigors of peer review.

Ebionite

I doubt that. There is a lack of artifacts that clearly should exist that tell us that it never happened. One has to be very careful with sources. There are countless apologist sites that are far from honest. Check the work of those that are bold enough to put their beliefs through the rigors of peer review.
So what makes you any different from the unreliable sources that you say exist?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So what makes you any different from the unreliable sources that you say exist?
Because I can link to reliable sources if needed. You do not have to trust me. You could try to find the sources yourself. But if you ask politely for sources I will gladly link them.