• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus Christ commit suicide?

logician

And it will never be logical to you, until you really listen to the whole plan. But that takes time and effort.

I was a Christian for quite a number of years, and am familiar with many variants of it. Believe me, I put in the effort.

Starfish

Please no sarcasm
I was a Christian for quite a number of years, and am familiar with many variants of it. Believe me, I put in the effort.

Many religions would probably send me to atheism, or close to it. My religion, which teaches the true plan, is totally logical.

PureX

Veteran Member
And it will never be logical to you, until you really listen to the whole plan. But that takes time and effort.
It also requires letting go of our self-centered ideas of "justice" and of guilt and vengeance. That's really the difficult part.

kai

ragamuffin
There isn't any way for you to make this claim, legitimately, as you have no idea what the would would have been like without the story of Jesus' life and death. well yes i do have an idea actually it took hundreds of years to get here and still longer to get elsewhere and there is a heck of a lot of the world thats not even christian

What we do know, is that there are many millions of human beings who will testify that their own lives and personalities are kinder and more positive toward others because of the effect that Christ has had on them.

you could say the same about anyone , john lennon , buddha , mohammed, Bahuallah, the dalai llama theres a lot of people dead because of the effect christianity had on them too.

PureX

Veteran Member
you could say the same about anyone , john lennon , buddha , mohammed, Bahuallah, the dalai llama theres a lot of people dead because of the effect christianity had on them too.
Point is, that you don't know, yet you think you do.

kai

ragamuffin
Point is, that you don't know, yet you think you do.

point is, i dont "know" anything , except the educated guess, how about you, what do you "know" is the world different because of jesus , how could anyone "know"

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
In my opinion the Abrahamic religions are awful religions, very hateful and deceitful.

Jesus demonstrated His power. He did not have to suffer. Many people's heart tells them that life is not a random occurence. Everyone knows that death of the flesh is a part of life. Jesus died willing to breakdown any barriers that our sins have created. I find it very comforting. Thank you Jesus.

PureX

Veteran Member
point is, i dont "know" anything , except the educated guess, how about you, what do you "know" is the world different because of jesus , how could anyone "know"
All I knew was that you didn't. *haha* After that, I'm as stumped as anyone.

What I can say, though, is that I know for sure that I'm a better person because of the story of Jesus' life and death, and because of what I think that story means, and teaches me.

I've met people in my life that have used their religions to help them transcend themselves and to become amazing human beings. And I have known people in my life who used their religions to become really hateful, nasty, mean-spirited people. I don't think in either case that the responsibility lay with the religions; I think it lay in the hearts and minds and will of the people who employ it. Religion is a powerful tool, and it can be used for good or for ill. And I'm not sure how useful it is to blame the tool for what the tool-user does with it.