• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did God command Inclusiveness to the Jews?

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
It was considered inconceivable to the Jewish believers in Christ at Jerusalem that Gentiles could receive the Gospel without first converting to Judaism. Peter had a vision that a Gentile cleansed and sanctified by faith in Christ would be acceptable to God and therefore acceptable to the church.....So do you think that God did command inclusiveness to the Jews?

IF_u_knew

Curious
It was considered inconceivable to the Jewish believers in Christ at Jerusalem that Gentiles could receive the Gospel without first converting to Judaism. Peter had a vision that a Gentile cleansed and sanctified by faith in Christ would be acceptable to God and therefore acceptable to the church.....So do you think that God did command inclusiveness to the Jews?

It seems clear to me that it will be the Jews that one must join to if they expect to be part of the covenant between God and Israel. Isaiah 56; Zechariah 8:23 :yes: I can find nothing that would contradict this other than NT references... of course, I stay within the Tanakh for anything that I consider to be the Word of God. I do this because of Malachi 3:6, so anything that contradicts, adds, or subtracts from the Tanakh, I do not take it as the Word of God.

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member

Wow, where do I start. ;)
It's unlikely that "Jewish believers in Christ" knew anything such as 'gospel' or 'church' as these things came later when gentiles made these terms.
It was considered inconceivable to the Jewish believers in Christ at Jerusalem that Gentiles could receive the Gospel without first converting to Judaism.
According to who exactly would it be inconceiveable... Paul the arch-enemy of these "Jewish believers in Christ" perhaps? :sarcastic

Jews have always and still do believe in inclusiveness, any gentile who is righteous that is to say follows the 7 Noachide Laws is a co-religionist with the Jew. Any righteous gentile would have been welcome to receive the teachings of Yeshua, as taught on the Sermon on the Mount, they would not be considered unacceptable. :yes:

It is the Christians who subscribe to the Replacementist Ecclesiology fallacy (We are you, and you are nothing) who make a mockery of 'inclusiveness'. :(

Last edited: