• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did God abandon men?

love

tri-polar optimist
Did God abandon us hundreds or thousands of years ago? Did He send His Last Prophet thirteen hundred years ago? Did He come to us in the form of a man two thousand years ago, die for our sins, and then leave us? If He wanted to control ever aspect of our life, why have we not received an updated version to fit the world we live in today?
I say that God has always lived in the hearts of righteous men. He has no need for ritual for the sake of the ritual itself. He has been with us all long, through trial and error. He knows our heart from the most meek and humble to the mightiest leaders. He knows our motives and our selfishness. We are daily progressing to the previously unknown. I say He is with us in our journey. We nit pick and try to find fault with antiquated text when God has always been infinitely ahead of us. I think we should start trying to catch up and realize that the most important message we have is to love one another.Hate of any kind is a tremendous burden, but love will set you free.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
If He wanted to control ever aspect of our life, why have we not received an updated version to fit the world we live in today?

God never leaves us... It is us that try to leave him.
Jesus message fits very well into modern lives.
Has he sent other prophets? Probably. Have we recognized them? not many of us.

I think we should start trying to catch up and realize that the most important message we have is to love one another.Hate of any kind is a tremendous burden, but love will set you free.
[/QUOTE]

That is the Message Jesus brought us from God.

Hes right, when did god ever leave anyone, whether we forsake him or not he is in our hearts. Also how do you know that a prophet is not here on earth right now? just because it may not be predicted doesent mean he.she might not be there. Dont see it negativley, only through positive eyes can you live a happy and trouble-free life.