• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Devotion in Paganism

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
What place does devotion have in Paganism? Do you consider yourself a devotional pagan? For example, I have met pagans who cover their heads in devotion to a deity, such as Brigid. Others write devotional poetry and have an almost spousal or child role to their deities.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
A very strong place. I can't see the point of religion without it. It can be done in many ways; ritual, prayer, song, reading, charity etc.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I suppose my own practice has a devotional aspect. Making offerings is a major part of my practice, even though for me, I understand the recipients of my offerings as more archetypal (but no less powerful or real).

I have this little ritual when hiking where if I find an oak leaf and acorn together that catch my attention, I put the acorn on top of the oak leaf, and make a prayer to Pan. That feels very devotional to me.