• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Developing character strengths

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Greetings all!

I trust you are enjoying your time with us here at the forum ...

For those curious enough ... here is a site that helps you assess you character strengths - with a view to improving and developing your human potential.

Trust me - you have FAR more potential than you may have been lead to believe.

Anyways, here is the site and wishing you all the best with whatever you decide to do -

VIA Character Strengths Survey & Character Profile Reports

Enjoy your evening!

:)

Last edited:

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
Greetings all!
Hello.

I trust you are enjoying your time with us here at the forum ...
Yep, this is a cool site, but I'm spending way too much time here.

For those curious enough ... here is a site that helps you assess you character strengths - with a view to improving and developing your human potential.
I am happy with my character as-is. I'm finding that I am laughing more often as I grow older. Life really is a joy. If it's not broken, don't fix it.

Trust me - you have FAR more potential than you may have been lead to believe.
If that is true, it surely will burst fourth soon.

Anyways, here is the site and wishing you all the best with whatever you decide to do -
I am gonna pass, but thank you for the link.

Enjoy your evening!
You too. :)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Hello.

Yep, this is a cool site, but I'm spending way too much time here.

I am happy with my character as-is. I'm finding that I am laughing more often as I grow older. Life really is a joy. If it's not broken, don't fix it.

If that is true, it surely will burst fourth soon.

I am gonna pass, but thank you for the link.

You too. :)

Thanks for the feed-back.

There's always room for improvement even while practicing acceptance - one of the happiness paradoxes ...

Keep doing whatever floats your boat

Ciao!

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
Keep doing whatever floats your boat
Thanks. I have been finding humor in much of life lately. I am learning not to take it seriously. People run around as though they have something to achieve with great urgency, but we all know that it will ultimately turn to dust, and that each of us will be forgotten eventually. That might sound nihilistic, but in truth it is quite liberating. You find you have the time to truly enjoy life when you stop placing demands on it.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Thanks. I have been finding humor in much of life lately. I am learning not to take it seriously. People run around as though they have something to achieve with great urgency, but we all know that it will ultimately turn to dust, and that each of us will be forgotten eventually. That might sound nihilistic, but in truth it is quite liberating. You find you have the time to truly enjoy life when you stop placing demands on it.

Thanks for sharing - I think a healthy sense of humour is vital or you may tend towards dogma & fanaticism which causes all the strife in this world.

Don't worrry about being nihilistic or forgotten -

How Love Brings Meaning to Life

Enjoy your time on the forum ...

Ciao!

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
It's too bad you have to cough up an E-mail address and create an account to use it. Means I'm noping out of it. If for no other reason that I've got way too many darned passwords to remember.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
It's too bad you have to cough up an E-mail address and create an account to use it. Means I'm noping out of it. If for no other reason that I've got way too many darned passwords to remember.

Yes - I can understand your reluctance.

If you just want an outline of the character strengths try positive psychology character strengths - here is one that may interest people -

Martin Seligman and his colleagues studied all major religions and philosophical traditions and found that the same six virtues (i.e. courage, humanity, justice, etc.) were shared in virtually all cultures across three millennia.

The full article is here -

The Classification of Character Strengths and Virtues

Wishing you all the best!